View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD trip sitter question

theyoyoman

Greenlighter
I'm very excited to embark on my first psychedelic journey.. for my first time I will either take 125ug of LSD, or 2g of shrooms (not sure which one I'll do first yet). I know a trip sitter is highly recommended for your first time so my question is.. can it be an online trip sitter (skype, chat, etc.)? or is that basically useless? I just moved to a new city and literally know no one who can physically be with me.

You will be fine , even if you trip alone the first time [ I did , and so have many , many others ] .

Just do it sensibly and safely , in a comfortable and familiar environment , at the dosages you are considering - sounds as if you have done some research and are prepared ...

I'm very excited to embark on my first psychedelic journey.. for my first time I will either take 125ug of LSD, or 2g of shrooms (not sure which one I'll do first yet). I know a trip sitter is highly recommended for your first time so my question is.. can it be an online trip sitter (skype, chat, etc.)? or is that basically useless? I just moved to a new city and literally know no one who can physically be with me.

If I were you, I'd do mushrooms. Acid can get away from you. Mushrooms are more body based. My recommendation would be to take a low dose, maybe less than two grams. Get familiar with the material. Be in a good space, physically and emotionally. The Mushrooms will show you a reality that has been there all the time. A lot of the times it can assert itself so, it's better to start off happy. The benefit of shrooms is that they do not last as long, so if you are finding yourself uncomfortable you can reassure yourself that it will not last long and you will move through it. And if you feel like it is not powerful enough you can always eat another mushroom. Have faith that good things are going to happen and know that the mushrooms will rearrange you in a way that you may not understand and that you do not have to. Let them work. They can show you such beauty and they can be really healing. They are so worthwhile. I know you are in a city, but if you feel like it, try to get somewhere you can experience a little nature. Perhaps a park. Sunshine, leaves, trees, bushes, can really reveal a deeper order to you when you are in a Psychedelic state and they can reflect your deeper order. Your curiosity is there for a reason, trust it. But start slow. I personally have probably done Mushrooms 35 times over the thirty years or so, and I haven't ever had a bad trip. It will be very expansive no matter what happens. Having said that, I've had a couple experiences on LSD, that were less enjoyable. It's more mental than shrooms. Anyway, hope that this is helpful.

If I were you, I'd do mushrooms. Acid can get away from you. Mushrooms are more body based. My recommendation would be to take a low dose, maybe less than two grams. Get familiar with the material. Be in a good space, physically and emotionally. The Mushrooms will show you a reality that has been there all the time. A lot of the times it can assert itself so, it's better to start off happy. The benefit of shrooms is that they do not last as long, so if you are finding yourself uncomfortable you can reassure yourself that it will not last long and you will move through it. And if you feel like it is not powerful enough you can always eat another mushroom. Have faith that good things are going to happen and know that the mushrooms will rearrange you in a way that you may not understand and that you do not have to. Let them work. They can show you such beauty and they can be really healing. They are so worthwhile. I know you are in a city, but if you feel like it, try to get somewhere you can experience a little nature. Perhaps a park. Sunshine, leaves, trees, bushes, can really reveal a deeper order to you when you are in a Psychedelic state and they can reflect your deeper order. Your curiosity is there for a reason, trust it. But start slow. I personally have probably done Mushrooms 35 times over the thirty years or so, and I haven't ever had a bad trip. It will be very expansive no matter what happens. Having said that, I've had a couple experiences on LSD, that were less enjoyable. It's more mental than shrooms. Anyway, hope that this is helpful.
Thanks, that was really helpful.. although I hear a lot that acid is easier to control.
Honestly once I tried shrooms with a friend.. We made .7g in a tea and didn't feel anything (idk if we fucked up the process or it was just too little anyway).. then we preceded to take another 1.5g I think (1g-1.5g) of dried shrooms and I still didn't really feel anything at all.. maybe a bit of a body high... but.. my friend was depressed as fuck.. and we just kind of talked the whole day about how he was feeling... granted he was in a kinda bad place in his life so that explains his negative reaction.... but as for me I didn't really have much of a reaction.. unless I was too focused on his and didn't notice.

It really does depend in the person

Mushrooms give me really weird thoughts

Lucy in the other hand is my bitch

I highly recommend 4-ACO-MET for a first trip...that substance is so forgiving I can't imagine having a bad trip on it!!

Just trip alone. If you need someone make a phone call. Also, fuck the shrooms and go with the acid.

I tripped alone at first before a friend showed up, take a bit less than your dose just to get a feel, IMHO

Also, acid will be more enjoyable for a first trip for most people, stay off Facebook

Yeah, you'll be fine, just make sure that if you're feeling uncomfortable you tell your tripsitter, don't be afraid, you can talk through it.

Not really sure if this is the right place to be posting this but just direct me if not. Well let me start by telling you my background with drugs before I ask my questions.. well Ive done rcs plenty of times but never had any mind blowing experiences with them . I've done LSD like 3-4 times only 2 of them being full on trips. Also countless other non physchedlics . And a daily weed smoker. Well basically I've tripped a couple times pretty hard on some L . Dosed around 125 mics . I've had some bad after effects from it just like feeling weird and kinda feel like I've never fully came back down. And it's been 2 months. I know acid guy can you stay in your head for a while and it could be third eye opening effects and stuff I'm not really to worried about that. BUT MY real question is if I should take it again yet. My brain is telling me it wants to be there but when I smoke a lot of weed and get kinda trippy I kind of trip out a little bit. So should I just wait until I feel back to normal again and not feeling off every single day? Cause all of my friends like to trip still but sometimes I have that second though that if I get really trippy that it might be too much. Is there times in your life when you shouldn't use any phycheldic ? Sorry it's kinda all over the places

My brain is telling me it wants to be there but when I smoke a lot of weed and get kinda trippy I kind of trip out a little bit.

Smoking weed is a frequent cause of bad trips, because it greatly intensifies the trip. You might want to consider doing a 1/2 tab once or twice to re-establish comfortable psychedelic equilibrium, without smoking weed.

Best wishes now and always.

Last edited: