View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD: tolerance and potentiators

Behappystayhappy

Bluelighter
me and a friend plan to drop 350-450mics of lsd today, but the problem Is, we dropped 125-150mics 8 days ago. Will this tolerance decrease the effects? if so, what are some things to get lsd out of our system faster, and what are some potentiators (please exclude any other illegal drugs, just things like vitamins and household accessories.

2qvcw79.jpg

there aren't really any potentiators other than the ones I mentioned. LSD being "in your system" isn't what causes tolerance. Psychedelics bind to serotonin receptors. As a result, the serotonin receptors become less sensitive, because they feel as if they've just been way overflooded. There is no known way to speed up the process of your receptors resetting to normal.

Behappystayhappy, 8 days should definitely be long enough for your tolerance to have decreased significantly enough that there will be no seriously negative impact to the quality of your trip. I usually find 5 days in between trips is a long enough period for "the magic" to return.

CrypticArc, thanks for posting that chart! Awesome and informative information, I've never seen that before but am definitely downloading it for future reference.

The 350-450 mics you take today will most likely be MUCH stronger than the 125-150 mics you took 8 days ago.

Based on that chart, you should only need about 115% of the dose you took 8 days ago in order to achieve comparable effects.

It won't be so much stronger that he can't handle it. I'd say if he's going to take it 8 days after an inital dose to double it and then some which is exactly what he's doing.

The magic might not be there, it usually takes a month or more for me to get the magic back.

I would respectfully yet strongly disagree. YMMV of course, but for most people, 8 days seems long enough to get rid of most, if not quite all, of their psychedelic tolerance.

I repeat, 350-450mics will be a MUCH stronger experience than the 125-150mics from 8 days ago. Perhaps I'm wrong but I think nearly everyone would agree with this.

Last edited:
.........and don't go thinking you're a glass of orange juice. Everyone knows your a ham sandwich. Kidding. The effects of tolerance shouldn't matter, especially with the larger dose.

Be very careful at the dose. It is kinda high. Just have a trip sitter and some benzos handy in case things go sideways, otherwise, I would love to read a trip report when you do it.