Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD Tolerance and Continuous Dosing

Swim15

Bluelighter
Microdosing up to 100mcg +

I microdose a decent bit and was wondering about this just out of hypothetical curiosity.

Obviously LSD has neuroplastic effects among other things and you build a tolerance to it quickly.

If someone worked up to a dose of 100-300mcg to the point where they were not experiencing visual effects and continued taking this dose daily, does anyone know if the neuroplastic effects would continue?

Last edited:
Besides wasting a valuable resource (enough to enjoy for years), and thoroughly depressing the person's ability to enjoy psychedelics, it would not harm the person irreparably, but you should probably get off that treadmill.

seriously, manage your resource and you will be delighted. even if you have too much. sell or give the excess away, certainly save some for your self, don't ruin your own ability to enjoy it.

Don't think the ability to enjoy it could ever be ruined but, if you are successful in meeting your goals, then is anything ever wasted in terms of what it takes to get there?

Just curious to hear if anyone has experience with anything like this.

I imagine even after a couple days you'd feel no effects of taking that same dose. IME i have to take 2x or 3x my dose to get the same effects of the dose the day before, and even then the effects are more subdued. I have yet to see any meaningful evidence of the positive effects of microdosing.

Regardless, the frequency of your experiences is inversely proportional to how special they are. I know, when I'm on LSD I always get the thought of "I wish I could feel like this everyday" but thats simply not how the universe works.

Sounds like a waste. Youre better off taking like a month break then microdosing the correct way.

Ive dropped acid every weekend for almost the entire summer and 125-150 is a full trip for me.

The point of it would to not feel the effects but have the benefits of LSD (cerebral blood flow, neuroplasticity, creativity) in an amped up way compared to microdosing. The goal would be long term brain changes.

I only trip once every few months because of time constraints (microdose a little more frequently) and even when I haven't dropped it in a long time, 120-150 is never a trip lol. I've always gravitated towards higher doses though and kind of enjoy the fucked up thought processes and insight you get at 300-400ug

those benefits are secondary
they emerge after the primary effects
the primary effects are subject to tolerance - AKA binding fatigue or exhaustion
No binding, no effect, no effect - no secondary effect.

save your stash man, be smart