View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD to quit opiate addiction

Datgooddank

Greenlighter
I'm coming down off a trip I've been using heroin and oxy mostly heroinbpast 2 years. And I can say in determined to beat my dependency after this trip. LSD has proven work for alcoholism so I believe it just creates a introsprective experience that makes you look at your life situation and what you should do for now on.

I hope you mean: what you want to choose because of the introspection even if reluctantly, but yeah I agree psychedelics can be very transformative that way.. :)

Good luck, I've been dependent on oxy / opium myself but kicked it as soon as I wasn't in the middle of a shitstorm anymore... it is attractive, but it's not really living IMO (they ultimately make me feel dead inside and it all goes at the cost of way too much), was still late enough to have to fully withdraw (it was after months of eating a pile of opium I had procured)..
In the meanwhile I've had some kratom at some point (obviously very sketchy as many get hooked on that just the same), but only a small order that I did not repeat - and no actual opiates so I'm doing ok. Been dependent on other things in the past as well by the way, I eventually whacked every monkey off my back but am still haunted by them.

I didn't use psychedelics as a part of my quitting, but I have gone through transformative experiences with them on different areas than addiction, rather personal development - still difficult but profound.

IMO the transformation is one of the first (key) steps, closely followed by a sure but steady taper and quitting (I had to hurry the last part of it up as I ran out)... but an underestimated step is changing habits that are closely related with using or procuring. You can't run away from it forever. Look at alcoholics: they have the hardest time having to resist their DOC since it is everywhere. If at some point you'd break you can probably find it if you put your mind to it... but definitely don't make it hard on yourself by staying in a scene with a lot of use.
The willpower to resist is like a muscle that wastes because of addiction that you have to train again... and if you just quit but don't change anything else (some people have more of a 'scene' or related habits than other people), staying clean isn't nearly as realistic because may ask too much of that willpower muscle.

At least compensate enough by switching to habits like exercizing that help train willpower.

I've taken lsd and also DMT at the height of opiate withdrawal a number of times. I swear by it for short term relief, both for an incredible job of easing the pain of wd whilst also offering a nice distraction from the whole process. They weren't huge doses, just enough for a nice 8 hour light show. I might have tried 2cb during one wd too, but it clearly didn't have much effect if I did, or I would have remembered it.

Various psyches have really helped stop my cravings / desire for opiates. They really can be amazingly therapeutic and healing in that regard. Not an instant cure or miracle drug but with the right mindset / support / attitude you can really gain a lot from them in terms of understanding your addiction, seeing yourself/others from a new perspective, being able to appreciate and love yourself and no longer feel the need to cope using opiates/benzos/stims for escapism / dealing with trauma.

How do you go about using psyches as tools to explore a specific issue like addiction? I find lsd /shrooms / mesc too unpredictable for that, the trip takes me where it's going, not the other way round.. I've had very spiritual trips that taught me about myself, but the subjects were happened upon randomly, for the most part. I'd love to learn how to direct a trip better. Guess I need to get better at the fundamentals of meditation first.

No you're right, you can't really direct a trip like that. However, opiate addiction is significant enough for the OP that you can be certain he will think about it during his trip.

Absolutely, I see what you're saying. Although most times I tripped whilst rattling hard I could do little more than laugh like a drain because all the pain, diarrhoea and rls just disappeared. Some of the best relief I've ever experienced, if only for 8 hours..

You use a ritualistic approach, the preparation and setting are everything and instead of the more casual adventurous manner most people trip by you focus. Before ingesting the psychedelic you will want to formulate questions to delve into and during the trip you just don't let yourself succumb too distraction.... but honestly (and this is someone with ADD talking) I think that if you prepare and feel inside that you have something you have to deal with, it will probably be something you can't hide from the higher the dose is.
A guide (like a close friend) can also help a lot to stand at the helm of directing, but there will have to be commitment on both sides to get down to brass tacks when the moment arives. Psychedelics catalyze the process, making certain sufferings ever more unbearable so that they beg for resolution, in my experience that is how you increase the chances of a proper confrontation with issues - forcing oneself. Addicts in particular are masterful at avoidance, so it will take this preparation and commitment to ensure that there is nowhere to run or hide - so that the only obvious way will be to go through.

You use a ritualistic approach, the preparation and setting are everything and instead of the more casual adventurous manner most people trip by you focus. Before ingesting the psychedelic you will want to formulate questions to delve into and during the trip you just don't let yourself succumb too distraction.... but honestly (and this is someone with ADD talking) I think that if you prepare and feel inside that you have something you have to deal with, it will probably be something you can't hide from the higher the dose is.
A guide (like a close friend) can also help a lot to stand at the helm of directing, but there will have to be commitment on both sides to get down to brass tacks when the moment arives. Psychedelics catalyze the process, making certain sufferings ever more unbearable so that they beg for resolution, in my experience that is how you increase the chances of a proper confrontation with issues - forcing oneself. Addicts in particular are masterful at avoidance, so it will take this preparation and commitment to ensure that there is nowhere to run or hide - so that the only obvious way will be to go through.
Cool, cheers dude. I think a guide would be the best plan for me, I'm getting on in years for a druggy so when I do get a chance to voyage, it's almost always solo. Someone to ensure I stay on track would be useful to help me concentrate on whatever issue it is I've chosen to shine a light on.

You're right, but you're diving in to therapy territory at that point, which can be hit or miss depending on many factors (a good guide is essential indeed). Forcing myself to think about something hasn't worked too well personally, probably because some problems don't have a solution at all I guess, but the most healing moments came to me out of the blue. It's important that you can let things go if you want your thoughts to be constructive.