Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

LSD: The Relentless Beast, Dragon of a Drug

rave_itsrealfun!!!

Bluelighter
Myself and 3 close friends – A, M, and K - arrive in a nearby city and are quite excited as we are seeing a favourite band of ours this evening. However, soon after we check into our hotel, we find out that the stage collapsed, a worker died and the show is cancelled. We try not to get too disappointed but this is difficult. How are we to create an evening as epic as what was expected? This seems implausible.

We head to a free show downtown, which is alright, but I am disappointed so far. We then head to a pub and get pretty drunk. Our mutual friend from the city J shows up, and things begin to pick up. Myself, M, and J dropped acid a year ago at a cottage and had an extremely intense and wonderful trip in the woods. I have 6 hits of the same very strong acid left over and propose to the group that we head back to the hotel and drop some. Everyone concurs.

We cab back, and as soon as we get in the room I break out the acid. A, M, and J each take one hit of mad hatter blotter, while I take 2. It is A’s first time, J and M have limited experience, while I have taken it roughly 10 times in the past. We’ve all been big shroomers for years. I figured the potency had degraded after a year of being stored at room temperature in 2 baggies wrapped in tin foil, but this turns out to be unnoticeable. Two hits turns out to be a little much for me, and 1 hit extreme for everyone else. One hit of this acid is much, much stronger than 5 hits of the previously strongest acid I have taken. I have heard from multiple regular LSD users that the stuff is bomb.

We drop it at 1:00am, and it doesn’t take long at all before we are feeling it. At 1:30 or so we begin to pass my high quality headphones around, and J tells me “listen to this man, this is the #1 song in techno right now.” He’s great at hyping things up, and the song turns out to be excellent. It is Foxes – Youth (Adventure Club Remix). I’ve listened to this sober and it is quite enjoyable, but while coming up on high quality LSD it was blowing my mind to smithereens. I left my body, left the hotel room and became one with the music, but apparently I was grinning from ear to ear and dancing around powerfully to the amusement of my companions. The euphoria was really extreme, comparable to a strong Mdma roll but with the physical rush of serotonin completely absent. I was, quite frankly, on top of the world.

The hallucinations came next. My friend A took one of the hotel paintings off the wall because it was freaking him out. It was a painting of a fisherman and I could see him casting as if it was a motion picture. The wallpaper was moving as well, like a dynamic kaleidoscope pattern. I was filled with a powerful sense of wonder, amazement, and awe at all times. The sleazy hotel room no longer existed – we were in heaven’s lobby. Reality had morphed into a dream, and again, the euphoria was extreme. We were all on top of the world.

At around 2 or 230, J proposes that we leave the hotel room. We spend quite some time standing in the hallway tripping out to this environment before I convince my loud friends to head downstairs and outside before we are noticed by the hotel management. We’re being very noisy and we’re not really controlling ourselves all too well. On the way out, I give the lobby man an awkward stare while my friends are making noise in the background. I quickly grab them and leave – by the way, our pupils are all saucers, black holes.
We are walking through a beautiful downtown suburb now, and the world seems to be ours for the taking. It is asleep, but not us. I am wearing shades, A and M are shoeless and shirtless – we pretty much look like that group of guys tripping balls. I am in constant awe at all the nice houses, and I can see a kaleidoscope of neon colours in the pavement. It’s like I’m in an alien world, and we sit down to take a breather on a park bench. Aphex Twin’s Selected Ambient Works are blasting through the powerful headphones, and adding to the trippy ambience of the scenario. I feel a constant sense of mysticism present, like I am on some sort of great quest, a sort of test of character, test of being.

We walk on - it’s all we can do to stay sane, we’re cosmic explorers. At some point the sun rises, and the transition from darkness to light is one of the most beautiful things I have ever experienced, just like my last time at the cottage on acid. The sun is ridiculous, and looking into the infinite blue sky is blowing my mind – how can everything be so beautiful? And it must be 6am by now, but we’re all still tripping our asses off…
We head back to the sleazy hotel room, otherwise known as heaven. At this point, as the peak is now over, I begin to become aware of my body again. The muscle tension I am feeling is extreme – every muscle in my body is tense like I just had a big gym pump. My chest is rock hard, so are my forearms, and I begin to worry. I am also rapidly becoming hungover, and I puke out the water I try to drink.

The beast is relentless. It is a dragon of a drug, nothing compares, nothing can ever compare. The feeling in my body is insane – I don’t understand why people say acid is so easy on the body, because for myself, it is harsher on the comedown than anything out there, even cocaine. At least at a big dose like this (normally I’m completely fine with it); I feel like I could have a heart attack at any instant. I am beginning to freak out a little. I mean, I’ve been through so much, so so much these past few hours, I haven’t slept and it just won’t stop, it’s hardly letting up at all and it’s been 8 hours since I came up. People say it’s physically safe but I just can’t believe them. The paintings are still motion pictures in my acid dreamland. I should also mention that I’m in great shape and I have a strong heart – my friends were even commenting during the peak about how incredibly amazing my body looks. “How do you look that way, and we look this way?” It was making me feel awkward and out of place because I’m humble and I see everyone as equal but I guess they were blown away by the unavoidable image of my massive pecs and abs while they were tripping.

When I get massive tension like this from overstimulation of my serotonin receptors, I always drink a little alcohol which makes me feel great again. It is great for combating overstimulation. However, the beer stores are closed until noon, so the next few hours are a bit of a battle, especially because I am hungover, and I don’t want to be hungover when I’m tripping balls. My friend starts driving out of the city, later admitting that he was tripping balls the whole time, but he was doing a hell of a good job.

As soon as noon hits: “M, if you love me, if I’m your bud, for the love of God please pull over, get off this highway and to the nearest beer store. The beast is relentless. This dragon of a drug man I took too much, if you have a heart find me a liquor store.” “Excuse me sir, but the beast is relentless and he won’t let up. Please direct me to the nearest liquor store.” My friends are laughing their asses off at me, as I am ranting and raving at this point, but they take me to the liquor store and as soon as I chug a couple beers my awful body tension is completely cured. This is why I prefer mushrooms… they never do anything remotely like this to me. But then again, when I took 1 hit of this stuff and got right fucked, there was no tension present and after 6-8 hours I was completely down. This was a lot of drugs for me.

We spend the rest of the day at the beach – playing guitar, swimming, drinking beer and just hanging out. I’m still stimulated – we haven’t slept and I have leaps and bounds of energy. At this larger dose than I’m used to, the high lasts all day, and I am only able to sleep at roughly the 18 hour mark.

All in all, it was an incredible journey, an amazing time bonding with good friends, and a hell of a trip. I have 1 hit left, which I look forward to doing sometime later this summer, as well as trying AMT, and 5-MeO-DMT. The only thing I dislike about the drug is the extreme body tension, but a little alcohol is an acceptable means of body relaxation for myself.

Did I learn anything? When reality morphs into a dream in front of my very eyes, it is a nice reminder that life is a dream and nothing is real. However, I consider the experience far too powerful to use on any sort of regular basis at all. I have learned much more about life and my Self from the chiller drugs cannabis and psilocybin mushrooms. The trip has doubtless changed me forever though, and left me with a very positive afterglow. At certain points of the experience, I felt like it was forcing me into reprogramming my brain. It’s a downright crazy and fantastic high which I would be happy to repeat, but not at such a high dose until I have more experience. It was one of the craziest days of my whole entire life.

I'm interested in your muscle tension - you say you've tried acid 10 times before, is that muscle tension always present? Glad you found a way to relieve it! I'd have probably had a spliff instead of beer!

All the other times I've tripped, there hasn't been this crazy muscle tension. I've been really high on it before a bunch of times and didn't notice any physical effects like this, apart from mild stimulation. I took twice as much acid this time as the previous strongest dose I have taken though, and my body was overstimulated like crazy when I was coming down. The trip was so strong that after 8 hours I might have felt like how I did when it was just kicking in with a lower dose.

Upon reflection, I don't think it's dangerous though. It was probably mainly anxiety because I've never felt my muscles randomly tense up like that before, and I was sort of dwelling on how I was tripping on a fair amount of a hardcore chemical drug, and how I had also been up all night long running around town but my body was not the least bit tired. It was a pretty darn intense physical response, but I guess that is to be expected at least a little when you're getting so darn high. Even a single beer would completely take my mind off the tension. I'm not big on drinking, but I'll always have a few drinks on hand when I take acid fom this point onwards, as I find that it takes nothing away from the high if the amount is low and relieves the physical tension and mild anxiety present in my body at higher doses. I find smoking pot potentiates the effects of the acid, and wouldn't smoke it as I was already so extremely high. Maybe next time I'll try half the amount of lsd I took this time, and smoking a joint at the peak of the experience.

Last edited: