• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] Redosing

tolerance to lsd accrues very quickly. I've only found redosing prior to the peak to be effective.
I mean, it lasts quite a while to begin with. ;)

Well, I have explained my view on this very recently but I forgot where. I'll repeat myself:
If you redose something like acid (I think this goes for many other compounds as well especially psychedelics) you extend the phase of the trip you are currently in and all the following phases. You will not start all over again.

I don't know if you ever noticed this but trips are often like a story being told with different chapters. You can divide them in onset, comeup, peak, plateau, comedown and afterglow.
Often these phases are not only a measure of intensity of effects but also of content and quality. The comeup and first part of plateau are often full of conflicting effects, much contemplation and thinking over, analyzing etc. In conclusion of this you often get a sort of resolution and clarity. You still feel the trip but there are then a lot less thoughts flying over your head and answers rule over questions. Sometimes you can get clarity very early in the trip.

You can re-drop acid very late but it will keep you in the afterglow like clear phase (I love this by the way), the earlier you redose the more stretched out all of the different phases will be in my experience. This also depends on the size of the dose making it all the more complex.

But also remember that redosing late means that you have to compensate for tolerance. Tolerance builds up quickly, if you redose at about T+7 or T+8 you would already have to almost double your added dose. It's tricky though because often this is definitely necessary while at some times it can increase the intensity of effects very dramatically and a little unexpected.

This question is a very common one, actually it is so common that I am starting to believe it deserves its own separate LSD subthread. I will check this out later but expect this thread to be assimilated by this merger.

I agree 100000 % with this man, couldn't of put it better myself, what i like to do is take different tabs and mix them, personally every "make" of L has a different feel to it most likely due to different precursors and chemicals used in the actual synthesis process (just a thought). I have different tabs and strips right now, mixing different hits is so much better than taking alot of one!

I like to wait till I peak (1 to 2 hours) and re-dose right when I stop coming up. That way I can gauge if I'm tripping too hard or I can handle more.

Interesting ^BBB!

MistaJeff I do that too and I think it's a good idea, at least when you are not entirely sure about the strength a certain dose will be and how it will result in your situation.
There are times though when I am at home anyway and I know my postage stamp strength (most often lab-tested for dose) and it turns out fine and according to plan.

The last two times I combined with alcohol and redosed late into the trip but like 400+ micrograms extra and both times turned out fackin wacky!

questions about dosing

in a few weeks my best friend is coming up for the weekend and we are going to take some LSD. we have done it before a couple of times. we were thinking of splitting a ten strip. the most I have done was 4 hits of blotter. The stuff I have now from what I hear is very strong so I was thinking of starting off with three hits and see how that goes. If i were to take another dose throughout the night. When should I do it? It would be another 2 hits. Would it make the trip go harder or just last longer? I have never redosed before.

Redosing is a waste, just take your 3 hits and have a good trip, and save the other two for another time.

I've actually had great results with redosing, do it an hour (maybe 2) later for an increase in intensity or up to 7 hours later for extension.
It is not always as effective and you generally can't reexperience a phase of the trip that you have already finished, like the peak. You can intensify current and subsequent phases though, like the gloriously contemplative comedown.
If your LSD is really scarce then I would absolutely think twice about redosing. But if you can afford it, it can be great to have a stronger second half of the trip because a lot of conflict has been resolved at that point and you are freed. At least twice has this gotten me among the most memorable trips.
At the 1-2 hour mark there is not that much tolerance yet, but at the 7 hour mark you can need like twice the dose of acid to add to effects / duration. 2 on top of 3 can be a little mild, unless they are truly strong.

merging :)

I've never redosed more than a fifteen minutes after the peak. Usually my situation is that i have 4+ tabs and want to know how strong 2-3 are before taking more. Redosing works great for me.

I'm not sure if this is just the time-altering effects of LSD, but the second dose always seems to kick in faster than the first.

I think if you take a high enough second dose, equivalent or up to 75% of the original dose within 4 hours of original ingestion one should become higher still instead of a simply prolonged experience

took 6 tabs... was tripping quite hard, incapacitated, lightheaded, hallucinating, blurred tracer vision.. took 6 tabs 3 hours after the first 6 and I tripped like i've never tripped before. reminded me of what the nethers of the void are of.. big weekend

I dont know whether the Cid I used to get was just strong, but taking 4 blotters was not substantially more effective than taking 2. I wish I had just saved them as Lucy has dried up around these parts, atleast my contacts anyway :( They were the same T's but other drugs were also taken during both experiences, was I just too overwhelmed to tell them apart ? Peace.

Last edited: