View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[LSD Subthread] Dosing Per Rectum / Plugging

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Transdermal actually probably doesn't work.
Another fact: I've made LSD in my lab on many occasions for research purposes, possibly in not so meticulous a manner as Albert Hofmann. Nothing ever happened. I had several graduate students who made LSD as an intermediate for projects. No accidental ingestion of LSD ever occurred. A technician in my lab makes it routinely because we use it as a drug to train our rats. He's learned by experience that he never gets high, nothing ever happens. And yesterday I was talking to Nick Sand, and Nick said, "I made a solution of LSD in DMSO…" -- DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide) is a chemical that greatly enhances absorption of other chemicals through the skin -- he says, "…I painted it on my skin. Nothing happened." A concentrated solution and nothing happened! How did this very meticulous Swiss chemist get the LSD into his body? I don't know.
http://www.erowid.org/general/conferences/conference_mindstates4_nichols.shtml

All the other routes listed work, though, but, as has been said, with no real enhancement of bioavailability in one over any other. The only reason I can see for for bothering with rectal usage might be if the small amount you swallow when using sublingually causes you GI discomfort (possibly from LSD's agonism at serotonin receptors in your gutty works). Then again, it might just circulate through your blood and bind with those receptors through an indirect route. Still, if it makes you really nauseated it might be worth a shot.

This obsession with plugging everything is stating to just seem asinine to me (haha, pun intented).

Just put your blotter under your tongue the old fashioned way and it should work just fine for crying out loud.

I you are REALLY hankering for something up your butt, go find a willing top man who knows what is is doing and can probe your prostate to the heights of ecstasy, or a girlfriend who knows how to drive a vibrating dildo like a pro trucker.

This obsession with plugging everything is stating to just seem asinine to me (haha, pun intented).

Just put your blotter under your tongue the old fashioned way and it should work just fine for crying out loud.

I you are REALLY hankering for something up your butt, go find a willing top man who knows what is is doing and can probe your prostate to the heights of ecstasy, or a girlfriend who knows how to drive a vibrating dildo like a pro trucker.

^^ That

Anyways, there's a song by jamiroquai that came to mind..

If I Like It, I Do It

If I like it I just do it

Say that we have all the time we need to make it right
Don't hurry for nobody
If it ain't the thing you like
Know your place and fit your space, young man you will conform
I didn't hear my soul express those rules when I was born.
Cause I'm free to roam 'cause it's my home
You can't stop sweet inclination
The kids want the system breaking down
Not higher education
If it ain't no natural law
Then you can keep your regulations
Cause if I like it I do it

But I keep on movin' though they wanna bring me down
I've gotta run for the cover,
And I keep on smiling
Though they wanna tie me down and give me death for the lover,
And I keep on losing though I'm proving what I'm doing
I'm still groovin', and if I like it I do it

You've got to help those people break that legislation
We can overcome this suffocation,
Execute your natural liberation
Happy to enjoy rejuvenation,
All around hear the sound
No-one can stop us now,
A thousand rules for plastic fools
Now they can take a bow.
Surely there's been time to see it dosn't work by now,
So if I like it, I do it

Still I,
Keep on finding that they're pushing those distorted visions.
And I keep on living but I'm dying 'cause of their decisions,
If I keep on looking I can find a higher space
I'm still groovin' and if I like it I'll do it

Just don't hurt yourself if you ain't experienced plugging stuff. the more lube, the better

I've never needed any lube other than maybe a lil spit 'n' polish. Use reasonably sized syringes and it really isn't an issue. 2ml barrels are plenty voluminous enough for the vast majority of stuff you may choose to plug. In fact, 1ml is fine for most. Compare and contrast the diameter of both with the turds y'all pass daily with no need for lube, fuss or watery-eyes. It really isn't such a big deal.

Dwayne: The "obsession" for plugging drugs is not an obsession it's a practicality and/or a preference. The kinda things people choose to plug are generally plugged for the great increase in BA (lower dose required = more doses per gramme) that it usually offers. Many people also get uncomfortable GI distress with oral dosing of a variety of drugs - plugging eliminates this. There's also the simple fact that some like to get a decent and scrummy rush from their dose but would rather not inject - plugging is their friend too. Plugging is made of win and only slightly tinged with poo <3

Now just out of curiosity why would injecting/plugging not increase potency of the substance. I mean it works with many of the psychedelic RC's out on the market. Sorry if this a stupid question it's just baffling to me that LSD would not adsorb faster rectally, or intravenously.

I'm not sure exactly why, but all drugs vary in their bioavailabity. Some have 30 percent oral bioavailability with say, 50 percent rectal, and others have 90 percent with oral and 95 percent rectal. The point is there's no constant relationship held between the effectiveness of different routes of administration with all drugs. That is, rectal administration is not always more effective by the same degree over oral for every drug. Sometimes its a lot more effective, sometimes its about the same, like with LSD. Some property of LSD allows it to absorb through most any body tissue as effectively as any others, and being exposed to enzymes like MAO doesn't break LSD down as much as it does other drugs, again because of some chemical property that allows it to bypass the various things that serve as digestion-mediated availabilty reduction points for other drugs.

Last edited:
^ Agreed. The oral BA of LSD is so high that there is simply no need for other ROAs cos they don't increase that BA by any perceptible amount and even IV dosing doesn't create a faster onset or any kind of rush (which is unusual but far from unique). Plugging is most suited towards stuff like 2Cs, aMT, MDMA and certain opiates as there are significant increases in BA (often meaning you can cut your dose in half to get the same effect) and/or to savour that yummy rush that many enjoy. Horses for courses, innit :)

I think the mouth makes the most sense, more so than any ROA because it dissolves naturally. I wouldn't put a tab anywhere else for example say my nose because...now I have a foreign piece on paper askew in my bodice now. Doesn't seem particularly intelligent to get it lost up in anywhere else besides the only place that can digest it.

I believe Jamshyd said a few years ago that he regularly plugged LSD. Said there is an increase in potency.

There is a thread on this already (I think it is in DB), do a search.

I have insufflated liquid LSD before. The alert is almost instantaneous, but the onset (ie. waiting about 1 - 1.5 hours to the peak) is just the same as oral or SL. \

The positive is that you need 1/2 the oral/SL dose to do the trick.

For the record: You also only need 1/2 your regular dose for plugging, and the effects are exactly like insufflating, so I only plug blotters, I don't take them orally anymore.
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=4612847&postcount=21

Rectal administration has an advantage (dose wise) if the drug is metabolized in the liver as it escapes 1st pass metabolism. As LSD is metabolized in the liver, it's almost certain that plugging would require a lesser dose than the oral route; by how much though, you can continue arguing about!
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=4617724&postcount=47

AFAIK plugging will never decrease bioavailability, so there's no reason not to plug. I plug most PDs, especially PEAs, which tend to have low oral BA.

There's one in every thread about plugging, isn't there? Posting stuff like this says more about you than it does about people who plug. I assure you that sticking a syringe, gelcap, piece of paper, or enema tube up your butt is in no way a sexual thrill, whatever your orientation.

@BodhiShava
Since it is more practical to let something sit under your tongue than drop your pants and stuff it where the sun don't shine I think there has to be an argument that shows why you should plug acid rather than why not.

By the way I have tried plugging things before (mainly 2C-B) and found it to be a good ROA apart from the feeling of having to take a dump, that took 15 minutes. That was before I heard that using tepid or warm water helps... Clearly I have little problem with the stigma on it, so thats not why I think its pointless to do or talk about. Oral and/or sublingual bioavailability and convenience is why.

I believe Jamshyd said a few years ago that he regularly plugged LSD. Said there is an increase in potency.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=4612847&postcount=21

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=4617724&postcount=47
Huh, interesting. Every IV LSD thread I've ever seen says it's stupid because it makes no difference, that there's no difference in bioavailabilty, etc. (from which it must be inferred that it isn't metabolized differently orally than via other routes as you almost invariably swallow quite a bit which would then be metabolized and lessen overall bioavailabilty). This means all of those hundreds of "just eat it stupid, everyone knows it makes no difference" posts over all these years were all wrong and persisted in the presence of easily accessible counter evidence. Indeed, a search of LSD and "first pass metabolism" indicates it is a candidate for metabolism by the liver into O-H-LSD according to academic sources. It's frustrating how endearing and universal certain beliefs about drugs are. I swear I've even heard pharmacological reasons it makes no difference expounded on at some length, but that must have been pet theory masqueraded as fact. You can't trust these damned druggies' common wisdom for shit, heh.

I'm guessing that the equal bioavailabilty myth has something to do with the belief that it's active transdermally (due to Hoffman's story, though all subsequent attempts at transdermal have all failed -- see my post of Nick Sand's attempts above). If indeed it was active transdermally, one might guess that it's going to absorb so quickly in the far more permeable tissues of the mouth or even on the way down the esophogus that virtually none will get hit by first pass. I knew it wasn't active transdermally and that's why I guessed it must be resistant to enzyme degradation in order to be equally bioavailable as everyone has always said.

Well, that's crap I guess. It's a new paradigm from now on: Don't stick that blotter in your mouth! Spit out that sugar cube! Do the informed thing and lube up those crumpled ten strips and abrasive LSD sugar blocks, grab your ankles, and awkwardly jam it all into your ass like you have some sense about you!

I guess in public you could just hold it against the roof of your mouth for 15 minutes away from saliva so it's mostly all absorbed without risking swallowing any, but where's the adventure in that?

Last edited:
@BodhiShava
Since it is more practical to let something sit under your tongue than drop your pants and stuff it where the sun don't shine I think there has to be an argument that shows why you should plug acid rather than why not.

The "why" is higher bioavailability. There's at least anecdotal evidence that this is the case, although I have no first-hand experience and likely never will; LSD hasn't been available in my area for years.

Sorry to hear that.. but fair enough - there might be something to it. :)
Then let me say instead of the above that plugging it on the basis of hearsay is not reason enough considering the already sufficient oral bioavailability. In other words: unless you have to be economic it doesn't seem worth it. I would just drop a little bit extra.

But dont let that stop anyone else, I am all for progressive experimentation I guess.

Doubt it would come on any quicker than under the tongue. Even if it did... Personally, I'd wait the extra 10 minutes.

AFAIK plugging will never decrease bioavailability, so there's no reason not to plug. I plug most PDs, especially PEAs, which tend to have low oral BA.

There's one in every thread about plugging, isn't there? Posting stuff like this says more about you than it does about people who plug. I assure you that sticking a syringe, gelcap, piece of paper, or enema tube up your butt is in no way a sexual thrill, whatever your orientation.

Oh I realize that. I'm queer, enjoy that sort of thing now and then, realize the size of a syringe would indeed offer no thrill whatsoever compared to a nice organ, and was just "needling" the insecure breeders in the crowd and in general being a smartass... oops, another pun...no wait 2 of them!

So... I've noticed that just about *everyone* seems to have jumped to the conclusion that I'm a man. Why is this? I'm a girl and I have a number of starry psychonautic lovely ladyfriends I trip with.

Also, anecdotal accounts are enough to peak my interest. I'm not expecting superior results per se but different ROAs occassionally have surprising effects. For example, DMT is more potent when vaporized than IVed, as McKenna explained when referring to a hospital study done on its effects. I don't remember the lecture unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.