View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD + SSRIs = ?

lovebeams

Bluelighter
I have a friend who is interested in trying LSD for the first time. She is on a SSRI.
Is this a bad idea?
Also, any tips on trip sitting are much appreciated.
Thank you

It depends on why she is on the SSRI.

Yes people still can trip on psychedelics while taking an SSRI, and the psychedelic drug's effects are not diminished, and it's also like this with LSD and an SSRI.

Just be there for her while she's on LSD.

Some people like to have a benzo handy in case things go bad and they have to stop the experience. I have no experience with either taking a benzo to stop a trip as I have never had a bad/horrible experience, or with as a trip guide giving someone a benzo to stop a trip. IME talking someone down works just as well.

Last edited:
A friend of mine has been on SSRIs for a while and we've tripped together multiple times. However, he says he needs at least double a normal dose to trip. If I take two tabs, he takes 4 and our experiences are pretty even in intensity (so he says). I'm NOT in any way saying to start off with a big dose just based on that anecdote alone. Same for anyone, start at a comfortable dose to gauge the effects.

As for trip sitting, make sure you stay positive and engage the tripper if things start to get difficult. A friendly and reassuring voice can work wonders. Have a benzo on hand in case of shit-hitting-fan scenarios. Psychedelics make people highly impressionable, so if you have a positive vibe going they will pick up on it.

^ yeah the need to take more psychedelics than usual to get "on your level" while on an SSRI is pretty common I think. I've known several people who've said the say thing.