View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD: Shows To Watch

Yeetdruggie

Bluelighter
Hey guys so I’m looking for shows to watch on acid. Pretty much anything entertains me on acid when there are real people because my vision distorts insanely when looking at digital screens. But I really wanna watch animes but the newer ones don’t really have any effects because the art is so seamless. I suppose the best style would be hand drawn/painting look but that is good quality. I tried watching mushishi bc I thought all the little mush I would look cool but I had no effects watching that show for some reason. I’d also appreciate any lsd friendly shows/movie on Netflix or Hulu. I have Alice in wonderland and really wanted to watch Fantasia but I don’t have that one rn. Also I’m open to horror/scary movies bc I like scary stuff on acid.

What are You looking for?

Something of drug/psychedelic interest? Science? Nature? Entertainment? Talk shows?

Something trippy and colorful? ...or are You looking for something to make You think and trip Your mind up?
Or are You just trying to laugh Your arse off?

I think any show (that isn't too complicated) that you'd like normally would be good on acid.

I never do it myself though, my body and mind feels too weird and altered for it. I get too distracted and just want to put on music and go chill outside. But I can see how watching shows/movies on acid can be an added value.

What are You looking for?

Something of drug/psychedelic interest? Science? Nature? Entertainment? Talk shows?

Something trippy and colorful? ...or are You looking for something to make You think and trip Your mind up?
Or are You just trying to laugh Your arse off?
I’m open to any recommendations at all (so I can have viewable content for future trips) but I guess for right now trippy/colorful and possibly science or drug/psychedelic interest. I find that I get enthralled by conspiracy theories and science shows when I’m high on anything lmao

I think any show (that isn't too complicated) that you'd like normally would be good on acid.

I never do it myself though, my body and mind feels too weird and altered for it. I get too distracted and just want to put on music and go chill outside. But I can see how watching shows/movies on acid can be an added value.
Only during the peak is it too hard for me to watch anything specific because it’s over stimulation, but my trips last about 17 hours so by the last 4-6 hours I’m just watching tv and chillin in bed. I still have crazy distortions of people on digital screens so it makes it fun. My favorite movie to watch so far has been when black birds fly by jimmyscreamerclauz but I have to watch it alone bc my partner can’t handle the visuals and creepy atmosphere of it on acid. (That movie would be a kind of reference for stuff I’m looking for)

watching anything on history that is intriguing can be a very awesome watch on LSD as you start to piece together everything leading up to how historical events went down.

For anime you could try watching Steins gate.

Watching the cosmos thing by neil tyson alot of science stuff that blows your mind while on acid.

I watched like four seasons of It's Always Sunny once on acid. T'was worthwhile and interesting.

I usually opt for movies though as tv shows don't as often tackle deep concepts, though I will argue for some (have enjoyed Avatar the Last Airbender, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and Frasier of all things).

Why not make your own show?

This one is called HIKEA. People take psychedelics and try to assemble IKEA furniture.

My co-worker said that numerous times, he has randomly changed the TV to Cartoon Network really late at night, when he was high etc., and seen a show called "Off The Air". It's a pretty surreal show with no specific cast or plot, rather it's a bunch of spacey abstract videos shown back to back.

My personal favorite is an obscure British TV series from the early 2000s called Jam. It can be rather dark, but if you can handle that during a trip, i highly recommend it. In particular, look for the version of the show called "Jaaaaam", which is the original series with way trippier sound & visual effects and distortions added to the film.

Hmm. I tend to end (or sometimes unfortunately - begin) every trip watching something. Whether it's a movie or tv. I'll list off all the stuff i can remember watching and if it was enhanced or if it was worsened by the acid.

Killing of a Sacred Deer - Very Good Movie, but while the film was shot in a very interesting way, it wasn't scary enough for the horror to be enhanced nor visually stimulating enough for the drugs to enhance that, either. Still, good movie. Ya'll should watch it.

Hereditary - Unbelievable. I thought it was one of the best horror films ever made and arguably the scariest I've ever watched. Tripping definitely made it scarier, in my opinion.

New Girl - Bad show when sober and even worse when tripping.

Various shows based on the the planet, it's inhabitants, and the Solar System - All good and enhanced by drugs.

Walker, Texas Ranger - Unreal. We sat there for 2 hours absolutely flabbergasted at how stupid our parents were. Incredible just how bad the show is. Was the experience enhanced by the acid? I don't think so. It only made it worse.

2 Fast, 2 Furious - No. It's not a terrible movie, but absolutely not enhanced by drugs. Don't waste your time with it.

Rosemary's Baby - No. It's one of the best films ever made, but it's also very long, very slow, and very much not a movie to watch while tripping.

Eraserhead - Awesome. Definitely one to watch when tripping.

Spirited Away - Simply Incredible. Absolutely watch this.

My Neighbor Totoro - Cute. A very good movie, but maybe not enhanced by tripping. But if you're having a rough trip and need something to lighten the mood and make you smile, this is a good one.

Enter the Void - Hmm. It's a fine movie and probably enhanced by tripping, but it's LONG. It's half a mushroom trip long and 1/3 acid trip long. That's too long to waste watching a TV, in my opinion.

Swiss Army Man - No words. I think it's the best movie I've ever seen and absolutely worth watching while tripping. I was BARELY tripping when I watched it and it literally changed my life.

Grizzly Man - Go to. It's probably the movie I've watched while tripping the most. Is it enhanced by tripping? I think so. When you're tripping, you see how funny it is. Timmothy and all of his friends were really some characters.

Hot Rod - Yes. It's hilarious sober, it's unreal tripping.

Richard Pryor Live at The Sunset Strip - Classic. In college, almost every weekend we would do mushrooms and watch this and laugh until we puked.

American Pie 2 - No. It's nostalgic, but it really comes through how not funny it is when you're on a drug that makes you want to laugh at everything and you still don't.

American Wedding - No, but I cried. Yep, I cried. Their wedding song was Into the Mystic. That's cry worthy, kids.

Scary Movie 2 - Lifesaver. A couple years back, I was on mushrooms and it was coming DANGEROUSLY close to becoming a "bad" trip. Was getting a little too overwhelming. As a last ditch effort for sanity, we put on netflix and I picked the first recognizable thing I saw. It kept me sane AND I laughed my ass off for 90 minutes. Say what you want about first 3 scary movie films, but they're funny. Are there lots of unfunny bits? yep. But there's also a lot of great stuff.

I've tripped around 100 times in the past 7 years and I've watched at least one movie during at least 50% of those trips, so there's lots of stuff I'm forgetting. But the moral of the story is, I'm long winded and this was a stupid post. And also, either don't watch a movie while tripping, or watch Spirited Away and Swiss Army Man.

I recently watched Terminator 1 & 2 for the first time on 24mg of 4-HO-MET and they were so badass. A movie that stands out in my head as funny was the Batman movie where Arnold is Mr. Freeze... absurdly hilarious on 2 hits of acid.

Hey guys so I’m looking for shows to watch on acid. Pretty much anything entertains me on acid when there are real people because my vision distorts insanely when looking at digital screens. But I really wanna watch animes but the newer ones don’t really have any effects because the art is so seamless. I suppose the best style would be hand drawn/painting look but that is good quality. I tried watching mushishi bc I thought all the little mush I would look cool but I had no effects watching that show for some reason. I’d also appreciate any lsd friendly shows/movie on Netflix or Hulu. I have Alice in wonderland and really wanted to watch Fantasia but I don’t have that one rn. Also I’m open to horror/scary movies bc I like scary stuff on acid.

The best show you can watch is called "The CEV lightshow".
To tune in, lie down, close your eyes and you'll see.