View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides LSD respect and dosages

some dude

Bluelighter
I've tried LSD a few times but always small doses.

I've tested my stuff with Ehrlich and it turns purple like it's supposed to.
5-6 times I've eaten anywhere from 1/5 square to 3/4 square. I usually just feel uneasy.

The time I ate 3/4 I saw some overt visuals and it scared me. I was alone and after going outside and walking around for 45 minutes I felt much better.

My question: am I just flirting with not taking enough and a larger dose is required to feel the magic? Or will my uneasiness just increase with a larger dose?

I've got a Tool concert coming up in a few months and feel like that could be a blast on LSD.

LSD 100ug tabs are standard dose. Safe & effective.

You’ll see the 250ug tabs with Albert Hoffman riding his bicycle (the Swiss chemist who synthesized the molecule) that’s nearly 3 hits of acid and I’d only do this at a private waterfront cottage completely isolated with all the creature comforts, fully equipped cottage, tv, sound system, shower, etc, etc ….waterfront is essential on a beautiful +30 Sun blazing in the sky 11am to 5pm of peak sun, swimming in a crystal clear fresh lake drinking an ice cold Heineken with the scent of sirloin sizzling on the bbq listening to amazing music (trippy 60’s classic rock, Bob Marley, etc) food, water, shower, cozy clothes and a roaring fire at nighttime looking at the stars like sparkling diamonds

I take 100 micrograms every Saturday in the summer, takes 2-3 hours for full onset and peak….lasting 5-7 hours of peak, trailing off around 10 hours

9am tab under tongue…..12pm peaking with the Sun

Set & Setting crucial

The uneasiness will be there unless you have a proper set and setting and no fear inside ..of course the more you do the more crazy it gets but also the possibility to be overwhelmed increases too . What i usually do is 100- 150 ug but i would do more or less depending on the circumstance

Phenibut also has a 3 hour onset, paired with LSD they work great together.

Both have dopaminergic properties, Phenibut is also a potent anxiolytic drug which can reduce any tension caused by acid. Easily ordered online. Never took it before….750mg to 1gram. Tolerant user 2 grams (2,000mg) is a great functional dose …or a super low dose benzodiazepine Lorazepam 1mg / Alprazolam 1mg / Diazepam 20mg

If you get scared by little doses I can't see how a larger one would be better. I recommend either getting used to small doses first or join the many many people who decided lsd isnt for them. Dont force it, if you aren't liking it stop doing it.

Definitely a good thing to approach it with caution.

As said above. Either change your set and setting or maybe now isn't the right time for you to experiment with this substance.

That said, there can be an uneasiness to seeing things move and change if you're not accustomed to it but trying to push through it probably isn't a good idea. Maybe try again in a few months or years. It will last well wrapped in cling film and a container in freezer.

Thanks for the replies.
I definitely won't force it. I'm cool with the thought that it might not be for me.

I always get anxiety when acid first comes on. Then that goes away. A smaller dose might not let you get out of that. Do you have friends who trip and can help get you into a great setting and trip with you. Wait till you're in a good mood. Set and setting. No more than one hit for a while. I wouldn't think a concert is a good place to start with larger doses. I generally do a "museum dose" for a concert. Maybe 1/2 hit.

Last edited:
try take 1.5 tabs for 150 ug in the comfort of your house.

Sometimes to low keeps you in anxiety mode half in reality half in trippy land.

LSD is a journey itself, you build up to larger doses in responsible manner, through sheer experince of many trips you will come to realize how to guide your trips into a good frame and pull yourself out of bad headspaces

It took me many years to feel comfortable taking psychedelics. I think its natural to feel anxiety because these substances are affecting us very intimately. It changes how the body feels, it brings up all our emotions, suppressed memories or urges or suppressed anything. It can deconstruct or change our perspective of reality.

I am curious when did LSD make such a comeback? It seemed to go away in the later part of the nineties(then it came back) when, does it go in cycles of popularity or did the younger generation find it and the demand grew. Is it the lack of good extacey or something? Maybe a new generation of recreational chemists? Just curious, it was around in the nineties, then sort of disappeared for a while.

Good question @Jnowhere and I think there's lots of parts to the answer. I have a pretty superficial grasp of what's been going on, but I'll take a shot:

There's this:
The turn-of-the-century "acid drought" was likely due to a number of factors, perhaps including but not limited to the arrest of Pickard. According to Heads: A Biography of Psychedelic America, additional factors included the 1996 arrest of longtime LSD chemist Nicholas Sand and the death of a man[who?] involved in the illicit sale of LSD precursor materials. Grateful Dead concerts provided a primary distribution network for LSD, and this network dissolved when the Grateful Dead stopped touring in 1995.

More recently LSD production seems to have restarted all over the place, maybe in a more distributed way, there are dark net markets, and there are all the quasi-legal/greymarket lysergamides being produced (1p-LSD etc)

On the demand side, there has been this psychedelic renaissance lately where psychedelics have become more accepted in the mainstream, becoming destygmatized and taken seriously as useful tool for growth. I think psychedelic culture has blossomed lately also with festivals gaining popularity.

Maybe the presence of dangerous drugs like fentanyl has encouraged people to avoid stuff in pills reach for safer substances like LSD.

On thar same note about LSD analogues, do you have any insight in to testing?

I've wondered if I have the classic LSD-25 or a similar but different molecule.
I do a primitive test with Ehrlich reagent but would it show positive even in the presence of a newer analogue?

I would be interested to send in a sample to get tested precisely. Is that possible?

try take 1.5 tabs for 150 ug in the comfort of your house.

Sometimes to low keeps you in anxiety mode half in reality half in trippy land.

LSD is a journey itself, you build up to larger doses in responsible manner, through sheer experince of many trips you will come to realize how to guide your trips into a good frame and pull yourself out of bad headspaces
how do you know their tabs are 150 ug? i've had tabs that were greatly stronger than that and greatly weaker...

i'd think with them saying they took 3/4th of one and that's when it really started to kick in that if they have an average tolerance it's about 150ugs tabs, but different people have completely different tolerances, did i miss something where you are getting the info that they are 150ug?

5-6 times I've eaten anywhere from 1/5 square to 3/4 square. I usually just feel uneasy.

The time I ate 3/4 I saw some overt visuals and it scared me. I was alone and after going outside and walking around for 45 minutes I felt much better.

My question: am I just flirting with not taking enough and a larger dose is required to feel the magic? Or will my uneasiness just increase with a larger dose?

I've got a Tool concert coming up in a few months and feel like that could be a blast on LSD.
maybe try taking a lower dose that you've tried before and going to the tool concert. i wouldn't take any amount you are uncomfortable with, but lsd is pretty set and setting based, so maybe a smaller dose would be good to go to a concert like it just being a good time would enhance the effects. i'd only do this if you have a sober driver though. i've had concerts end too quick and i probably wasn't in the right spot to drive home.

Are you going to see Tool "sober"? 😆 😆

In college, my friends and I went down to Philly to this Laser Pink Floyd show. The dude was either on lsd or shrooms, anyways the show didn't last that long, and I found myself in a car with the driver tripping his ass off on the freeway doing 80+ mph( about 130 kph), that was probably the most terrifying rides of my life. Foodcrisis is absolutely right about the sober driver part.
I have been in cars with people driving drunk, stoned..ect. But a driver tripping hard and driving( fairly fast also) is bad, it even sobered me up( I was drunk, but somehow I sobered up enough to think, I am going to die tonight). Besides, I can't imagine any substance that would make me want to go to a Tool concert.

1200 Micrograms wtf? Bro I knew dudes who only ate ten strips but they were the furthest out hippie social dropouts you could imagjne

I
In college, my friends and I went down to Philly to this Laser Pink Floyd show. The dude was either on lsd or shrooms, anyways the show didn't last that long, and I found myself in a car with the driver tripping his ass off on the freeway doing 80+ mph( about 130 kph), that was probably the most terrifying rides of my life. Foodcrisis is absolutely right about the sober driver part.
I have been in cars with people driving drunk, stoned..ect. But a driver tripping hard and driving( fairly fast also) is bad, it even sobered me up( I was drunk, but somehow I sobered up enough to think, I am going to die tonight). Besides, I can't imagine any substance that would make me want to go to a Tool concert.

Bro I have some stories of driving tripping funny thing is I never got a DWI nor was hurt let alone caused pain driving tripping my balls to the walls

However an E pusher sold acid to these kids he told us in my first inpatient rehab they crashed into a tree tripping all died car full

Also his brother jumped out a second story window tweaking got caught in the broken glass dying nightmare type of cat

I once thought lemon juice would kill a dose and ended up making it stronger than I could handle tripping a layer of skin off in bed all night didn't sleep a wink was rattled the next day refreshed of a new perspective new being

Last edited:
That e pusher is either stupid or lying. Some states, believe it or not California is one of them have death by dealer laws. 20 to life. That ain't shit you ever share with the, 'group' or anyone else(especially not a a girlfriend or wife). I have to check to see if there are any federal laws, but that is the kind of thing you Sincerely beg God for forgiveness and keep your mouth shut, and take it to the grave.
Glad you didn't crash trippin
Orange juice, not positive but I think that may lesson effects