Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD Question

mrsmokeweed

Bluelighter
Hi Friends,

I've been taking a decent amount of LSD since Jan 1 of this year, probably once a week or once every other week. I took the total 14 day reset, and tripped last night, but didn't get 100% the result I was looking for. I took 3 tabs over the course of IDK 6 hours, and the first tab which I took at 1pm, seemed to last a good 10 ish hours. However, I felt the other ones just added to the first's magic, instead of intensifying it. IE, I have extreme yawning and stomach excitement 30min after I took the first tab, but not again. All the tabs I've taken more than once this year are 100mcg or + and very clean......

Is this something where I need to take a longer than 2 week break or what? I wanna trip my balls off again.

@TripSitterNZ @G_Chem

Hi Friends,

I've been taking a decent amount of LSD since Jan 1 of this year, probably once a week or once every other week. I took the total 14 day reset, and tripped last night, but didn't get 100% the result I was looking for. I took 3 tabs over the course of IDK 6 hours, and the first tab which I took at 1pm, seemed to last a good 10 ish hours. However, I felt the other ones just added to the first's magic, instead of intensifying it. IE, I have extreme yawning and stomach excitement 30min after I took the first tab, but not again. All the tabs I've taken more than once this year are 100mcg or + and very clean......

Is this something where I need to take a longer than 2 week break or what? I wanna trip my balls off again.

@TripSitterNZ @G_Chem

Haha no need for 3-5 months, but yes a longer break is needed. In my opinion you need longer than two weeks if you already got a tolerance built up. I’d suggest a month and try again.

Also to get the most out of them, take them all at once. With most psychedelics you’ll get an acute tolerance minutes to hours after your first dose, and it’ll make any re doses feel like an extension of what you already have instead of adding more.

I usually redose Max 90-120mins post initial dose with LSD, waiting anyvlonger and you’ll waste em.

I know the feeling though, I had the same problem recently but have since gotten it resolved.

-GC

Haha no need for 3-5 months, but yes a longer break is needed. In my opinion you need longer than two weeks if you already got a tolerance built up. I’d suggest a month and try again.

Also to get the most out of them, take them all at once. With most psychedelics you’ll get an acute tolerance minutes to hours after your first dose, and it’ll make any re doses feel like an extension of what you already have instead of adding more.

I usually redose Max 90-120mins post initial dose with LSD, waiting anyvlonger and you’ll waste em.

I know the feeling though, I had the same problem recently but have since gotten it resolved.

-GC
Thanks man I appreciate your reply.

I never considered myself much of a psychadelic maven, nonetheless, I feel like I put two good tabs to waste re-dosing 🤦

Any way that good living/wellness can help expedite the lsd magic feelings?

In my experience you need at the very least a month between trips to get the full magic back, maybe even more.

And like stated above, redosing is much less effective than taking it at once.

usually increasing your dose when you have tolerance will still give you magic. But LSD magic and tolerance can come and go but tripping that many weeks in a row just take a months break and everything will be back to baseline again.

I never redose LSD its a waste. You could try take one and a half tab if they are 100 ug each for a stronger trip at once.

Redose always did it for me, I did wonderful trip three days in a row without upping the dose BUT I do LSD wisely (between 2 to 10 times a year).
For me it's the habit that kills the magic.

Last edited:
the three tab dose is a bit high for every week, so I would learn to taper down and space out the trips,
for every week to shine you need to do half tabs, or it gradually diminishes.

Me personally, I find that I can get away with a "booster" if needed, maybe 2-4 hours after initial dosing (not too much later). My usual habit is to dose one tab, then take a second if by T+2h the cosmic winds seem to favour a stronger trip. For a less wacky trip (i.e. if I'm expected to behave in public) 1/2 a blotter initially and 1/4 to boost works fine.

so by hour 2 your cosmic anenometer indicates to the wobbly flight crew they need more fuel to get to Mexico.

I like how people think 14 days is an automatic tolerance reset. While its true you can trip 2 weeks after your last one, if I keep doing it over and over a weird sort long term tolerance sets in. You'll still feel it but its not the same. You won't find many people who do it every two weeks for years because it becomes unsatisfying. I wouldn't do it more than monthly and even that's probably too much......

hard tripping can be exhausting. one might need a sabbatical.
mild tripping is the essence of the sabbath, no better holiday IMO. except doing it on a beach.

I like how people think 14 days is an automatic tolerance reset. While its true you can trip 2 weeks after your last one, if I keep doing it over and over a weird sort long term tolerance sets in. You'll still feel it but its not the same. You won't find many people who do it every two weeks for years because it becomes unsatisfying. I wouldn't do it more than monthly and even that's probably too much......
Not true it effects each person differently the tolerance. Two weeks is way more than enough if you aint feeling it its because the LSD tabs the person was dosing anyway were under 100 ug.

if you keep doing any activity every 2 weeks for years on end it will probably be a little less novel, doesn't mean you can't still enjoy it

that said if you drop acid in the same place, same time, same ritual, do the same shit when youre high... guess what it won't be very fun any more now will it