• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

LSD - Purity, Concentration, and analogs

TheTripDoctor

Bluelighter
For a long time, people have used psychedelics openly and freely, eating whatever comes along on the street to borrow from Hunter S thompson, but what really is in this LSD? Back when it was synthesized fisrt by albert hoffman, im going to assume he purified it to the point of almost 100%, if not on the fisrt try, on a later try, Nevertheless, he was affected by an amount small enough to accidentally slip through his skin.
Later synthesis such as sandoz were known to be of USP grade, and people recognized the liquid sandoz as being perfectly made, all until it was made illegal in 1965, when people such as owsley and others began the first (assumed) underground manufacture of LSD, and by owsleys own admission his first batch was a black mess of questionable purity, yet it retained the same effect.
Later batches were said to be somewhat different, notably people were mentioning a speedlike side reaction whereas the sandoz was such a pure consciousness expanding LSD, it would provide a lasting positive effect on its user. People began to notice a difference and called it "bad acid" which later was identified by people as acid made incorrectly.
"first-hand experience (about 30 trips with street
acid in all). And in each session I felt that there was something it lacked
- it was too "electric," too "speedy" and too "mind-shattering." The
earlier clarity of "insight" which I had obtained via the Sandoz acid was
replaced by confusion, brokenness, words and worlds thrown into absolute
dismemberment, or even absolute chaos, though, I must add, often coupled
with a feeling that I can only describe as "sublime inflation," a super
abundance of emotive energy, but it could not signify more a passionate
flame and less the life-giving sun."
Nowadays, i cant even be sure we are actually taking lsd, as there are MANY compounds related to LSD that are quite active and provide a very similar effect, LSA, MLD-41, ALD-52, BOL-148, MBL-61, MIL, AL-LAD, ETH-LAD, etc......
From a page on erowid:
"I think the problem for the underground chemists manufacturing clandestine
acid was a shortage of ergot, without which the synthesis of d-LSD-25 is
impossible. Until 1965, supplies of ergot could be bought with little
difficulty from three or four European chemical companies; but pressure from
Washington put a stop to this, doubtlessly hopeful that this would lead to
an end of clandestine LSD. In one sense, the Federal authorities were
right. The underground ceased turning out d-LSD-25; instead, they
discovered a wholly synthetic substance akin to d-LSD-25....Sure the new
stuff "worked" in the sense that any new mind-altering chemical "works" to
produce subjective effects within the body, but it didn't seem to produce in
those who used it any particular noticeable elevation in either head or
heart; at least it was - and probably is - an unpopular view amongst the
"congnoscenti" who claim that some of the street acid is capable of
producing positive subjective effects of a "long-lasting nature," though
they readily admit a lot of the stuff sold as "pure acid" is actually
methamphetamine (a potent form of amphetamine first developed by the U.S.
Army) or a stripped-down ergotamine compound by modern molecular chemistry."
Striped down ergotamine compound sounds like a lysergic acid derivative like those stated above. Anyone have anything more to add? What do YOU think street acid is nowadays?
------------------
~The Recreational Pharmacist (Ketamike)
I have never belonged wholeheartedly to country or State, to my circle of friends or even to my own family...
Such isolation is sometimes bitter, but I do not regret being cut off from the understanding and sympathy of other men.
I lose something by it,to be sure, but I am compensated for it in being rendered independent of the customs,
opinions and prejudices of others, and am not tempted to rest my peace of mind upon such shifting foundations.
--Albert Einstein
My AIM: TheTripDoctor (always on)

id assume that whats on the street is whatevers easiest to produce that causes similar effects in similar quantities. i read that article some time ago, and think its probly pretty true.
id think the govt does analysis of the acid they confiscate, and publish the results somewheres, as they do with just about everything else, from rolls to coke to meth to heroin to debunking the strychnine in cid myth.
i dont eat acid, so it doesnt really effect me, and i dont know if youd know if you got d-lsd-25 anyways, compared to those analogs. seems like every trips different anyways, even off the same cid, and decomposition products can even change the composition radically.
------------------
I pity the fool

When Lsd decomposes due to light, heat, or oxygen it becomes inactive. I hate it when people blame wierd trips on decomposed acid.
------------------
Ignorance will fall, wisdom will prevail.

^ Do you have a reference on that? It very well may be true. But I've never acually read on it.

where can I read that article?
I believe that some people are doing the real synthesis for dLSD25, however due to the unreliable conditions of an "underground" lab it somehow effects the chemicle just a little bit...i recall reading something about LSD-25 that'd been chemically mutated into something else...i dunno. But I sure as hell wouldn't doubt that most street acid is easier to make substitutes, altho people probably pass the recipe along as "acid" (I've found numerous LSA extractions that were said to be LSD-25)
but I don't think it's *impossible* to find real LSD just not very easy, altho I've had a couple of trips that I would believe to actually be a couple of hundred mic's of *real* lsd-25 because these trips were so clean and mind expanding
smile.gif

wow....this correlates back to my "is there really such a thing as bad acid" thread...thanx for the info trip doctor....

bleh. i dont believe that kinetic. maybe it is eventually inactive, but decomposition products are usually pretty similar to the original substance. look @ psilocybin and psilocin. one is a decomp product of the other, both are active. the apple doesnt fall far from the tree still holds true in chemistry. ephedrine may not be mef, but its still a stimulant.
------------------
I pity the fool

Last night, for the second time in my life, I took what is generally referred to as "dirty acid". I am well aware, first of all, that the whole strychnine thing is an absolute myth, but this definitely was the kind of acid that the less-informed usually say "yeah, this is the strychnine shit". It was more bodily electrifying, had a much larger sweaty body-covered-in-acid feeling, had very disjointed digitized and sparkly as opposed to flowing and liquid visuals, and made my friend sick to the stomach. I am assuming that this "dirty acid" is just a different combination of compounds (including LSD-25 itself, I am sure) that results from a different type of synthesis, and I know it is usually associated with blotter (which is how I took it). Does anyone have a guess as to what is the distinction between the two very common types of acid, "dirty" and "clean"?

Last night, for the second time in my life, I took what is generally referred to as "dirty acid". I am well aware, first of all, that the whole strychnine thing is an absolute myth, but this definitely was the kind of acid that the less-informed usually say "yeah, this is the strychnine shit". It was more bodily electrifying, had a much larger sweaty body-covered-in-acid feeling, had very disjointed digitized and sparkly as opposed to flowing and liquid visuals, and made my friend sick to the stomach. I am assuming that this "dirty acid" is just a different combination of compounds (including LSD-25 itself, I am sure) that results from a different type of synthesis, and I know it is usually associated with blotter (which is how I took it). Does anyone have a guess as to what is the distinction between the two very common types of acid, "dirty" and "clean"?
The cleanest type of acid we are likely to see today is nicknamed needlepoint and I just confirmed with an online darknet vendor that this is so but elaborating on that is forbidden and I don't intend to. Even needlepoint isn't 100% pure, it's like a little above 99%. They didn't have any but they did have something with like 98% purity which didn't sound as nice but you can't call either "dirty".

I really am not sure how you find 100% pure but perhaps it exists and they don't even use funny nicknames like sunshine and needlepoint.

Slap me for bumping an old thread if you have to I will stop this but I wanted to discuss LSD purity and searched threads instead of trying to start one.

Anyways I've only had really clean acid it felt like if not all the exact same feel in terms of tripping but not dirty like my Russian immigrant friends would sometimes get in the projects except for that time I knowingly tried NBOMes which was filthy when I took more than one blotter but it might have been set and setting and probably dangerous taking several blotters, I mean it kills people right? Sorry getting offtopic.

Can you test LSD purity? Probably not at home? Can you just make sure it's LSD and not a slimy RC trick played on you for profit?