• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD Purity and Effects

It could also have been a coincidence as I'm permanently developing new infections which come on very severely at first.

But, I am genuinely considering that I may be reacting to the distilled water itself not just the 10 micrograms which should not have produced such a severe reaction as last night.
There is a real possibility that I'm reacting to the distilled water because that is how my immune system works it identifies something as different and threatening.
unless you are allergic to the packaging (of the water) you cannot be allergic to distilled water - it is pure water as is ~60% of your body.
so the excess mucous is not that.
maybe your air-conditioner?

I used to trip all the time in the 70s. For nostalgia's sake, half moon blotter was the most common. I had a good connection and would get full sheets of Window Pane. You would cut up the squares; it was in a hard gelatin form (purple). Would would let it melt in your mouth...great trips. On Sat nights a bunch of us would go see the laser show at the Planetarium in NYC then get cases of beer and hang out by a small lake in Central Park. We were all nuts and walked through the park in the middle of the night scarring away the muggers and weirdos.

What I loved back then was called Mescalin. It wasnt true Mescalin and could never quite find out what it was. You would buy it in a tiny pill...sometimes you could get what was called "double barrel" which was supposed to be a double dose. You sorta tripped on it but not quite like lsd...was like walking on a cloud. Anyone know what that was?
'Mescaline' sold in the 1970s and early 1980s was either very low dosed LSD, or PCP. I have had black windowpane LSD before it was super strong and it was the highest dose/ug/mics of LSD myself and others who also took it ever had. We are talking ego death, out of body experiences, everything melting, and I have no idea how many mics/ug it was but it was super strong. Anyone know how many mics/ug it sounds like? This was long before lab testing or where you could send doses into a lab to be tested for the ug/mics.

I'm sure I had it back then and it was called mesc and I could never figure out why it was double barrel which later was like a big microdot. people convinced me it was synthetic mescalin, I liked it.
I have had the 'double' stuff before, it was super strong. Read my previous reply.

When I tripped in the 90s every second one ended badly. I get trippy visuals in the beginning but always end up sketched out grinding my teeth for hours as it finished. In those days I would take just one blotter. Didn’t matter the source, the ending was usually the same horror. Really put me off acid. In the last year I’ve tried again with 3-4 blotters of various DNM acid and the experience has been completely the opposite with each one ending in a sense of fulfilment and happiness that stayed with me for days.

I’ve been wondering whether I’ve changed or the acid has changed or just taking bigger doses like I do now makes a difference.

When I tripped in the 90s every second one ended badly. I get trippy visuals in the beginning but always end up sketched out grinding my teeth for hours as it finished. In those days I would take just one blotter. Didn’t matter the source, the ending was usually the same horror. Really put me off acid. In the last year I’ve tried again with 3-4 blotters of various DNM acid and the experience has been completely the opposite with each one ending in a sense of fulfilment and happiness that stayed with me for days.

I’ve been wondering whether I’ve changed or the acid has changed or just taking bigger doses like I do now makes a difference.

I truly think it’s the purity of LSD. Everyone who ate acid in the 90’s wants to remember it fondly but I’ve researched this a bit and it seems LSD from the 90’s had more side effects than product from the 60-70’s and present day.

From what I heard it was all silver back then which isn’t exactly the cleanest crystal around.

I’ll say too when I could actually find LSD in the 00’s it was nothing like the product I get today. Only one hit during those early years had the quality and magic of the LSD I get today.

I’m very grateful for how it is right now, and will try my best to hang on to this amazing product for as long as possible.

-GC

I truly think it’s the purity of LSD. Everyone who ate acid in the 90’s wants to remember it fondly but I’ve researched this a bit and it seems LSD from the 90’s had more side effects than product from the 60-70’s and present day.

From what I heard it was all silver back then which isn’t exactly the cleanest crystal around.

I’ll say too when I could actually find LSD in the 00’s it was nothing like the product I get today. Only one hit during those early years had the quality and magic of the LSD I get today.

I’m very grateful for how it is right now, and will try my best to hang on to this amazing product for as long as possible.

-GC
This is in fact, on contemplation, a very significant and overlooked draw to the clearnet Lysergamides by the Legal Dutch Chemical pros. They will be producing the purest grades of acids consitently, to formula, without exception I'm sure of that.

And please do let me know mate if you get your 5-Mapb. Hope all is still good and looking brighter for you mate.

unless you are allergic to the packaging (of the water) you cannot be allergic to distilled water - it is pure water as is ~60% of your body.
so the excess mucous is not that.
maybe your air-conditioner?
Hi mate, thanks for your honest thoughts which are never patronising to me btw, however direct.

My body is crazy- my immune and respiratory system are so abnormal, to the extreme.

I can react to anything literally, with no logical reason. It is not even an allergy exactly in most cases. I have trillions of allergies and intoletances aside.

But my immune system just goes...."duh?! What's this? It's slightly different somehow. Aww, better protect the host. React, react!"

Like you wouldn't believe, all down to Lyme since 2005.

I'm very open to what you say here ear but at the same time I may well be reacting in some unnecessary fashion to the distilled water itself.

However I'm pretty sure it was the acid itself which was causing the mucus because I do experience and noticeable and substantial respiratory and mucus production reaction to even those few micrograms of LSD type substances.

Even though it is arguably the least toxic and cleanest "drug" on the world.

Hence my ability to tolerate it enough to make enough enjoyment and Recreation out of the substance to make it worthwhile tolerating and managing any physical side effects unlike the vast majority of all herbs and psychoactive substances.

At full and higher doses like above 200ug I do experienced substantial mucus production and lung congestion which are managed in the same way as my other daily allergy and respiratory symptoms but it is not so bad that I cannot enjoy and benefit from tripping on these clear lysergamide homologues, and clean 25 too I'm sure.

The Dutch lab tabs are as clean as can be though. Just paper, tiny soy ink, and "compound" haha.

Even the micropellets are way cleaner than all and any prescription medicines by a moon.

However I am able to tolerate my microdosing without being so nearly noticeably bothered by the mucus irritation. That post was last year, just easing into my Acid bender which has seen made consumed just over 116 tabs since October.

Have settled down though now, after a period of several weeks tripping quite heavily at least once weekly.

I am almost microdosing again although sometimes only leaving one or two days between doses for even consecutively dosing days but my doses have been kept considerably lower I've not taken as much as 50ug for a few weeks now which is a landmark for a start.

Thanks @pupnik for your thoughts mate, all the best.

116 tabs since last October is A LOT!
so if you say you are reacting to water itself then I accept the psychedelic reality of that.

too bad about soy ink - my wife's anaphylactic peanut and legume allergy makes anything with soy in it lethal. she just drinks wine now (19 years of anaphylaxis). There is still some hope, I should be able to get her to try my WOW (the ald-52 tabs came unlabeled).

-GC
There is no such thing as 'clean' and 'dirty' LSD. The 'types' of LSD crystals are just brands based on hippie lore, marketing/hype, and the placebo factor.

Various factors such as set, setting, dose, and even diet and vasoconstriction can influence the trip or psychedelic experience. I once took some LSD in the early 2000s that gave me a headache but it was not because it was 'dirty' but it was because I was dehydrated and had drank a cheap light beer on the train some guys partying gave me, and I had not drank as much water or caffeine as I usually did while not on drugs then, unless I was stoned on hash or pot or drunk and drinking lots of water and eating food. Low blood sugar or not eating right might have also been a factor as well?

LSD in the 1990s varied in dosage but it generally was a lot stronger than the LSD sold in the early 2000s, and it was dosed higher than LSD sold today in 2020. But LSD in the 1990s and early 2000s was not as low dosed as the LSD sold in the 1970s through early 1980s was, especially the LSD sold as 'mescaline' which was low doses of LSD, or 'disco doses' which were perfect for if you were going to a disco or concert. We deadheads-or grateful dead fans-took larger doses of LSD and the chemists and dealers then knew this and would dose the LSD higher for us.

Are you sure you are getting actual LSD? There are lots of research chemicals being sold as LSD, that are not actually LSD at all, and it has been this way since the early 2000s.

I no longer use drugs but if I were going to today in 2020 I would just vape or eat pot or hash, eat a low dose of Psilocybin mushrooms, or maybe eat San Pedro cactus. I have no desire to take any of the research chemicals and never have used any.

There is no such thing as 'clean' and 'dirty' LSD. The 'types' of LSD crystals are just brands based on hippie lore, marketing/hype, and the placebo factor.

Various factors such as set, setting, dose, and even diet and vasoconstriction can influence the trip or psychedelic experience. I once took some LSD in the early 2000s that gave me a headache but it was not because it was 'dirty' but it was because I was dehydrated and had drank a cheap light beer on the train some guys partying gave me, and I had not drank as much water or caffeine as I usually did while not on drugs then, unless I was stoned on hash or pot or drunk and drinking lots of water and eating food. Low blood sugar or not eating right might have also been a factor as well?

LSD in the 1990s varied in dosage but it generally was a lot stronger than the LSD sold in the early 2000s, and it was dosed higher than LSD sold today in 2020. But LSD in the 1990s and early 2000s was not as low dosed as the LSD sold in the 1970s through early 1980s was, especially the LSD sold as 'mescaline' which was low doses of LSD, or 'disco doses' which were perfect for if you were going to a disco or concert. We deadheads-or grateful dead fans-took larger doses of LSD and the chemists and dealers then knew this and would dose the LSD higher for us.

Are you sure you are getting actual LSD? There are lots of research chemicals being sold as LSD, that are not actually LSD at all, and it has been this way since the early 2000s.

I no longer use drugs but if I were going to today in 2020 I would just vape or eat pot or hash, eat a low dose of Psilocybin mushrooms, or maybe eat San Pedro cactus. I have no desire to take any of the research chemicals and never have used any.

I suggest taking a look at analysis and you’ll see LSD is not only dosed higher than it has since the 60-70’s, but the purity is at an all time high right now too. Other BL members can corroborate this...

I’ve also been getting my LSD through the same channels for nearly a decade, I Reagent test pretty much every drug I purchase and that includes LSD. It’s real LSD.

I’ve also tried both major class of substances which mimic LSD, the DOx and NBome series.

I knew some 90’s tripper would find insult to this but it’s the truth. Yes LSD was very available back then but not of the same purity, and doses were indeed weaker. That said I get the impression the overall availability was higher. (Aka sheets/vials were cheaper and more readily available in the 90’s but better now.)

LSD is not LSD, ISO-LSD definitely alters the effects and is not desired in the end product. Not all illicit substances are 99% pure like you wish to believe.

Look back at reports from the 90’s, tons of bad trips, lots of physical symptoms including rough come ups. That shit never happens these days, even on massive doses.

In fairness, your Leuckart MDMA and Amphetamines were better, happy? ;)

-GC

LSD is way stronger than the 90s now. A good vial of deadhead in the 90s was 80 ug a drop.

Each LSD crystal has its own flavor with ISO-LSD present it induces body load and fog on the headspace. When buying LSD crystal from producers you can select various fluff crystals of around 95-97% white fluff is very noticeable in its effect on body load and mind fucking compared to 99.9% needlepoint and even the difference of european mass production cheap crystal to carefully crafted cali needle point which is very clean. Each of these producers that sell on the darkweb highlight the differences of crystal and give people bulk commercial deals in accordance to the quality of the crystal.

Your right TripSit, a good hit in those days was 80-100ug. Nowadays 150-200ug is not uncommon.

-GC

Alright just to show we ain’t bullshitting... Here’s from an excerpt from a DEA “Situation Report” Feb 1992.

“Currrnt LSD potency or strength, which ranges from 20 to 80 micrograms per dosage unit..”

Here’s some of the latest Drugs Data analysis..

163 ug
19 ug
29 ug
69 ug
164 ug
99 ug
108 ug
33 ug
168 ug
177 ug
189 ug

And I’d be willing to bet if you look back before COVID most of them were higher doses.

-GC

Alright just to show we ain’t bullshitting... Here’s from an excerpt from a DEA “Situation Report” Feb 1992.

“Currrnt LSD potency or strength, which ranges from 20 to 80 micrograms per dosage unit..”

Here’s some of the latest Drugs Data analysis..

163 ug
19 ug
29 ug
69 ug
164 ug
99 ug
108 ug
33 ug
168 ug
177 ug
189 ug

And I’d be willing to bet if you look back before COVID most of them were higher doses.

-GC
Thanks man for sharing this data. I am a little OCD and love my stats lol.

But the one thought which struck me immediately was how it really can be appropriate advice especially to first-timers to start with one tab because two of those 189 ug trips would be be a potentially difficult despite scintillating experience even for the experienced Tripper, depending on the individual and setting of course.

I personally found there to be a noticeably significant difference between 350 ug and 400 ug when I miscalculated one day due at the dentist several hours later lol can you believe it I figured I could just about forgo the experience on 350 ug but then I suddenly calculated I had made a mistake and taken 400ug total along with an incredibly strong cup of of cannabis tea which both started peaking and rising together into some LSD Mania panic attack haha no exaggeration.

Honestly I was having a real LSD Mania panic attack realising I was too off my face to face a dentist appointment regarding some crowns which had fallen out fortunately my mum got stuck in traffic and phoned to say we probably wouldn't make it so I had an excuse to cancel lol without getting in trouble! Phew!

Take away the pressure of being at this dentist appointment which my mum was due to drive me to in a pretty irritable mood that day she was too...

But I absolutely swear the small difference between 350 ug which I intuitively calculated to be just about manageable for the occasion and 400ug miscalculation was enormous and the most prominent difference I have noticed in various acid dosages that I can recall.

So...point. sorry guys I just can't help but to express what comes to my mind and memories.....Two 189ug trips for a first timer, could be too much arguably.

In this view that I have I actually fully support the advice of people to say start with one blotter if the dosage is unknown and avoid taking two if they are reportedly especially strong especially if it's your first time.

Similar to the MDMA Sensibility community nowadays but different of course a different substance and not a physical safety issue in any sense at least.

Btw @G_Chem as you know I'm totally with you bro I'm solidly convinced after 24 years of scattered acid experience that there is a genuine physical variation affecting the experience in different batches and Productions of LSD.

I am a staunch supporter of that and strongly rejject the suggestion that Placebo can account as a complete explanation although I do believe fully in Placebo which we need to harness to move forward evolutionary and individually I think.

Last edited:
LSD is way stronger than the 90s now. A good vial of deadhead in the 90s was 80 ug a drop.

Each LSD crystal has its own flavor with ISO-LSD present it induces body load and fog on the headspace. When buying LSD crystal from producers you can select various fluff crystals of around 95-97% white fluff is very noticeable in its effect on body load and mind fucking compared to 99.9% needlepoint and even the difference of european mass production cheap crystal to carefully crafted cali needle point which is very clean. Each of these producers that sell on the darkweb highlight the differences of crystal and give people bulk commercial deals in accordance to the quality of the crystal.
ISO-LSD even in higher doses is not psychoactive at all.

Iso-LSD is considered non-psychoactive. Papers in the late 1950s reported low or no activity for iso-LSD, including a very interesting report published by Sandoz comparing activities of several "lysergic acid derivatives".11 Albert Hofmann reported having tried iso-LSD at doses up to 500 µg and found no psychoactivity. More recent rat experiments have found that rats given iso-LSD in a discrimination study don't respond as though it's d-LSD.

I tell folks to start with 1/2 dose of the product I get, I personally take half dose for what I consider a normal/full/medium experience so I can only assume the WoW I get is ~170-200ug.

Also taking 400ug and going to the dentist, you animal! ;)

Btw I’ll let you know when I finally try some of the 5-MAPB, just been broke as a joke in the year 2020.

-GC

ISO-LSD even in higher doses is not psychoactive at all.

Iso-LSD is considered non-psychoactive. Papers in the late 1950s reported low or no activity for iso-LSD, including a very interesting report published by Sandoz comparing activities of several "lysergic acid derivatives".11 Albert Hofmann reported having tried iso-LSD at doses up to 500 µg and found no psychoactivity. More recent rat experiments have found that rats given iso-LSD in a discrimination study don't respond as though it's d-LSD.

A substance can be non-psychoactive by itself but when given in conjunction with another psychoactive compound can alter it in some way.

Often closely related compounds may not have the activity but can block or potentiate depending on which enzymes they hold up, affinities to receptor sites, etc.

Through the grape vine it sounds that chemists and users alike find a difference with product that has ISO in it vs product which doesn’t. As said before, a chemist isn’t going to waste his time purifying it out if it truly is non-psychoactive.

-GC

iso-lsd isn't psychoactive you still have to process it through your body and it still gets stuck in recptors taking up room for the lsd. ISO has proven to induce heavy body load i have taken blotters with 150 ug LSD and over 100 ug of ISO on it from a dirty ass ghetto lab setup by a dude who knew basic chemistry. Got the rest of the tabs sent to EC.

I tell folks to start with 1/2 dose of the product I get, I personally take half dose for what I consider a normal/full/medium experience so I can only assume the WoW I get is ~170-200ug.

Also taking 400ug and going to the dentist, you animal! ;)

Btw I’ll let you know when I finally try some of the 5-MAPB, just been broke as a joke in the year 2020.

-GC
sounds like the WoW i had in 2018. One full tab was crazy strong unknown dose i was told i was the guinea pig super super clean zero body load or head fuck. Pure enlightement encountered god, Heavy heavy visuals was going to create my own religion at one point sitting infront of the mirror my face morphed into many crazy things like cyclpos etc. Was def one of my fav trips coming off a month break after having a very bad trip near total psychosis thought loops but i managed to get through it and beat the inner demons i had lurking. Was worth it since the next trip was literally divine heaven got sucked into my computer montior as the peak hit listening to OTT, totally entered another dimension strong visuals and long peak that was still going hard at 4 am and i had dropped near 3 pm.

“was going to create my own religion at one point”

This is what I think of when I think of good LSD, a hypomanic state where anything seems possible, I love it :)

I always try to make good use of this feeling when I have it, so long as one puts the subsequent motivation towards something they can later be proud of it’s a really useful tool.

-GC