Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD, pot and anxiety. Help?!

Jeffery1738

Greenlighter
Looking for help/advice/understanding

Two months ago I had a panic attack on 1 tab of LSD after someone told me it wasn't acid (later found out it was acid) and that I was going to have a bad trip so I panicked. Didn't see the devil or anything but I had severe anxiety the whole time and didn't enjoy it. After I came down I was so shaken I couldn't sleep for many hours after and smoked a whole pack of cigarettes. About 24 hours later I felt relatively fine. I went right back to smoking weed a few days after and was fine (I was a daily smoker for a few months) and once I did dabs I came down and felt terrible and dissociated and kinda depressed like the acid made me feel. I stopped smoking after but felt a little disconnected/not with it for about three days after, terrible in the mornings but almost gone by night. It went away for a few days before I had another random panic attack, and since I've been stuck in the anxiety cycle, feeling like I'm "going crazy" having panic attacks and severe anxiety for no reason other than being scared of my state. My theory is that my bad trip sensitized my nerves and was mildly traumatic and my mind needed a rest, which I didn't give it smoking more weed, and I just freaked out when I got these alien symptoms which are actually consistent with standard anxiety and thought myself into this state with fear and bewilderment. Any help?

first of all, whoever told you that it wasn't acid and freaked you out, they deserve some serious karmic retribution. that is a big no-no in my circles at least. anyway...

this sounds exactly like my experience with salvia. had a shitty trip and for about 3-4 days, my head did not feel right. i was overly sensitive to any type of visual/aural stimulation. you might benefit from another LSD trip, in a relaxed and controlled environment. face your fear! not really, but you probably get what I mean. reintroduce the substance and make sure you're not around anyone/anything that makes you uncomfortable. bad trips stick with you. only way i was able to get over a bad shrooming experience was to eventually do it again with people i really trusted in a place that was super-secure and relaxed. otherwise, you're lookin at getting help with generalized anxiety and that is not fun, especially if you're tryin to deal with it with doctors and prescriptions. all that shit only makes it worse over time.

definitely not tripping again. I think I'm abstaining from pretty much all drugs until further notice (as much as I miss weed)

As much as I hate to admit it, fully abstaining from drugs for a little bit has helped me out. I had a bad trip and continued drinking alcohol which led to (or perhaps in order to) escape from my thoughts. I was probably trying to distract myself from a deeper type of pain which was always there in a lower level way.

of course, lsd can be a great way to think about stuff like this.

time will make it go away. meanwhile, learning ways to cope with anxiety could help you deal with all of this. remember that anxiety is just a feeling and that there is no real danger to yourself (you are not going crazy, you are just anxious), even though anxious thoughts can usually easily convince one of so.

you sound like you have a great attitude towards this whole situation, better than most i guess, btw

Yeah, sounds like whoever told you it wasn't acid wanted to fuck you up. You can really mess with someone's mind whilst they are high on LSD and he must if known it to of said something like that. You don't need people like that around you. Even if he.she was joking, that's not cool and can really mess with someone.

Don't let that ruin your opportunity at having incredible experiences with LSD or anything else for that matter. Just make sure to choose far better company with whom you trust implicitly like close loyal genuine friends who will support you and share the journey with you.

It sounds like you may have mild psychological trauma from the experience. Something which could give rise to anxiety. And only time can heal those wounds. But they will heal. Your mind is an alert state having been threatened whilst you were vulnerable and open thus giving welcome to the thoughts you have now. I've been there before on a bad shroom trip with a so-called 'best' friends many years back. We took mushrooms together, not enough for a heavy trip but definetly moderately strong on a scale of 1 to 10 so somewhere around a 6.5 maybe a 7. Anyway later on that evening, he starts joking around with his girlfriend and starts whispering or pretending to whisper about me to his girlfriend. They both start laughing and as time gets on, I slowly realize I'm not welcome. All this by the way, when I'm tripping in mushrooms. I ask him what's up and he continues to be aggresive and manipulative towards me and right now, I'm feeling like utter shit. He starts throwing his fists around and being threatening and all I wanted to do is where did the bullshit attitude towards me come from and the silly games.

That night I felt so bad. And it scarred me for a long time. And it sounds a lot like you mentioned in your original post.

The effects are the fallout from emotional damage. There isn't anything physical there apart from a starting (negative energy) attacking your emotional core values which in turn carried on throughout your trip whilst you were most vulnerable and open leading to psychological trauma. Just like watching someone get run over or witnessing a murder. You can imagine the emotional stress it would cause. Well this is the same, only in a more unique way.

Embrace what has happened. It was not your fault. You were the victim of a very cold and horrible psychological attack whilst your mind was open to the elements. Your guard was down and someone threw in a cheap shot. You have nothing to worry about. Compose yourself. Do whatever it takes for you to feel stronger within yourself. Set goals. Maintain your social life. Start/keep exercising. Commit to a new hobby or rekindle an old one. Read some books. Save up for something like a new car or a vacation or something that will make you feel proud of yourself.

Feeling of craziness whilst anxious is normal. Feeling of lack of control also are normal. Anxiety can be caused directly and indirectly by other people when we feel threatens us can cause emotional trauma. Just know that your not crazy, your just suffering with anxiety.
You are in control of your thoughts. CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) may help you here. It trains you to intercept your thoughts which can lead to anxiety. Here's an example.

Original thought: Joe made me feel awful the other day. Perhaps there really is something wrong with me.
CBT: Feeling awful is just a thought. Just because Joe made me feel awful does not mean there is something wrong with me. Perhaps I jumped the gun? It's highly unlikely in my good health that I've suddenly developed something severely wrong with me. I will ignore Joe from now on and remove negativity and damaging people like him from my life.

Thats an example. Maybe a poor one but still, an example. That practiced day in day out can filter all sorts of bullshit from your life from the simplest things to the most complicated. And it can really help. It's all really based around processing our thoughts and making our mind and body work for ourselves by taking a step back and visualizing everything we think and learning what is right and wrong, what is real and what isn't.

It's horrible to have a bad trip because of someone else directly. But it happens. We have nasty people in the world. We have to face that. And move on being better people than them.

Last edited:
definitely not tripping again. I think I'm abstaining from pretty much all drugs until further notice (as much as I miss weed)

I think that's probably a good idea- until further notice. I've had trips that have shaken me for ages; I had a particularly traumatic salvia trip that completely blew me away and terrified me to a deep, fundamental level. I decided to try and take it again, and demistify it, but I failed. :| You will recover, just give yourself a little bit of time and gentle living. Definitely stay away from pot for a few weeks; its mild psychedelia and inherent anxiogenic capacity make it a bad (but common) choice for some anxious people. I wouldn't write this stuff off forever; think about it- a chance remark has effected you (negatively) for weeks. Its just as possible (for me, much more likely) to have a positive, uplifting trip whose positive effects linger for just as long; but almost deeper. After a really euphoric and happy trip, you never recover :D

time will make it go away. meanwhile, learning ways to cope with anxiety could help you deal with all of this. remember that anxiety is just a feeling and that there is no real danger to yourself (you are not going crazy, you are just anxious), even though anxious thoughts can usually easily convince one of so.

you sound like you have a great attitude towards this whole situation, better than most i guess, btw

On point, couldn't have typed it better myself.

I can't thank you all enough. This is really what I need to read right now. I feel like rock bottom today. All the anxiety is so mentally tolling, and today is the first day I forever I'm not really anxious, just kinda depressed/down. As long as there's a light at the end of this tunnel I can keep going. It's just crazy how I felt pretty normal a few days after the trip, but doing dabs just brought back that dissociation that I got. Any words of reassurance would be greatly appreciated

What a strange coincidence. Something very similar happened to me with 1p-LSD this Saturday when I accidentally took 3 tabs instead of 2 I originally planned (I didn't notice that 2 blotters were stuck together). Everything started fine, but at one moment when I noticed I took more than I wanted, I suffered from massive panic attack (I was very close to calling an ambulance), I managed to tone it down a bit with alcohol (the only "sedative" i had at home), but the rest of the trip was already tainted by the bad start and even music (main reason I take LSD) was irritating. I ended up watching every positive movie/show/anime I could find from the "nest" I made in the corner of the room from several blankets. Almost nonstop for 8 or so hours, then it fortunately faded away a bit , but I wasn't able to sleep at all and the rest of Sunday was really weird.
And even today I'm still feeling extremely unstable emotionally, everything even a bit sad makes want to cry.

I felt the same way. Music is my passion, and when my friend turned some on during my trip I just couldn't listen. All sensory stuff was just too much for me. My mood has been relatively more stable since then, but I'm still incredibly worried I'll never get 100% better.

I'm not sure if continuing to smoked weed will cause a problem. Things like this have happened to me on acid. LSD tends to feel like it stays in your body a while after the trip. Usually for me these negative "side effects" can last for a week. Stay strong and take it easy. I would reccomend smoking weed for its anxiety and depression relieving effects, but if you believe its causing the problems then stopping is the right thing to do. You'll be fine after a while, don't worry! =D