View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD - Is it for me?

Gremlins

Greenlighter
Okay so I've been questioning myself for some time now, I've researched LSD, DMT all kinds of Psychedelic drugs, now when I say I researched them I mean I've researched them for about 6months now on occasions.

I'm so interested and amazed by LSD and all kind of psychedelics, I just find them so fascinating.

I've tried shrooms before, Liberty Caps to be precious. Now I ate quite a few of them (I don't know the exact amount) whilst I was coming up into the trip my heart starting beating very fast and hard and my body or mind did not like it all, so this sent me into a bad trip in a way. The effects I got where strange but quite enjoyable at the same time, the walls looked like they were caving in, I looked at my hands and I felt like a different person, it didn't seem like my hands belonged to me. I was freaking out most of the trip but I wasn't freaking out to heavily, I could kind of control it. I can't really describe how I felt about managing to control my freaking, not to make it any better my friends were high as fuck and were finding the whole idea of me on shrooms funny. Oh to add to that, I smoked about a joint and half (Keep in mind I am a heavy pot smoker, 1/2 joints doesn't get me that high at all) After I stopped tripping I fell asleep and had a real crazy dream where me and all my friends were in a car and he drove off a cliff, but whilst the car was falling I could feel myself falling and when the car hit the ground, everything just went blank in my dreams and I woke up about a minute later, it was strange to say the least.

Anyhow back to LSD; So me and my friends have got hold of these (Screenshot below) If I do take them I'm planning on going to a lake or somewhere very calm during the day because I've been told the great outdoors is one the best places ever to experience LSD trip.

b78b8c7fc2.jpg

Now I have a history with Panic attacks and anxiety; Post regarding that here: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/728367-I-think-I-m-experiencing-panic-attacks-What-should-I-do?

On the good side I haven't had a panic attack or any signs of anxiety in the past month, but I have never touched MDMA or anything since.

So what's your thoughts, Bluelight members?

Last edited:
The first experience for me lasted 30 hours when I thought it would last around 8-12. Just make sure you are accounted for- for a good day or two without anything bad that could potentially happen in that time. LSD is very extreme and I'd just make sure you take it in the morning/early afternoon so you are able to sleep at night. Sounds like a great time, but if anything starts to go wrong or feel wrong. Just reminds yourself that it is okay, and it will go away soon enough and you'll be back to normal.

The first experience for me lasted 30 hours when I thought it would last around 8-12. Just make sure you are accounted for- for a good day or two without anything bad that could potentially happen in that time. LSD is very extreme and I'd just make sure you take it in the morning/early afternoon so you are able to sleep at night. Sounds like a great time, but if anything starts to go wrong or feel wrong. Just reminds yourself that it is okay, and it will go away soon enough and you'll be back to normal.

Thanks for that input, a 30 hour trip? Damn that sounds pretty hellish.

Also to add to this thread I heard taking 0.5mg of xanax will mellow the trip out and reduce the chances of it being bad. One problem, I don't really know what xanax is and where to obtain it.

Don't take the xanax during the trip... hell, try not to even take it after. The best way to experience LSD is all on it's own. No other drugs needed.

It's a benzodiazepine. An anti-anxiety drug. They're commonly available through prescription. Just avoid it though, there's no need for it.

Don't take the xanax during the trip... hell, try not to even take it after. The best way to experience LSD is all on it's own. No other drugs needed.

It's a benzodiazepine. An anti-anxiety drug. They're commonly available through prescription. Just avoid it though, there's no need for it.

I ready a topic reagrding xanax and LSD and it does say it can really mellow the trip and stop panic attacks, quite honestly I can see myself freaking out on LSD just due to my history of Panic attacks.

Then don't take LSD. I'm gonna be rude here, my apologies ahead of time, brace yourself:

If you're gonna be a panzy and try to cancel something that hasn't even started yet, then don't take LSD. If worse comes to worse, you can take the benzo if you feel like it's overwhelming, usually they're pretty fast acting. Some people simply don't freak out if they have the option to take a benzo, like a safety net. At least try it that way... don't just take it with the LSD flat out.

P.S. by mellow the trip, they mean killing the effects sought in LSD use in the first place. Seriously, if you're so scared, why do you wana take LSD in the first place? It's not gonna kill you, so why the worry?

Also, IME LSD trips last around 18 hours in total, including the come down. The effects don't end usually until you fall asleep. Idk why that other guy had a 30 hour trip though.... maybe he took a DOx drug instead.

Thanks for that input, a 30 hour trip? Damn that sounds pretty hellish.

Also to add to this thread I heard taking 0.5mg of xanax will mellow the trip out and reduce the chances of it being bad. One problem, I don't really know what xanax is and where to obtain it.

This is actually very true. I am in pharmacy school and that is what they use for people who come to the hospital freaked out on LSD....I think the reason behind this is that it will put the patient to sleep lol

I think the biggest thing to note about LSD is that a lot of what you will experience is the energy of the people that you put yourself around in the trip....When I tripped for the first time- I had a very good guide that would always calm me down anytime my brain started to wonder too much. Its just good to always have at the back of your head, "I know I'm going to be okay-I'm just trippping" and if it gets too bad just go back home and listen to music that you like laying down on a bed lol

Then don't take LSD. I'm gonna be rude here, my apologies ahead of time, brace yourself:

If you're gonna be a panzy and try to cancel something that hasn't even started yet, then don't take LSD. If worse comes to worse, you can take the benzo if you feel like it's overwhelming, usually they're pretty fast acting. Some people simply don't freak out if they have the option to take a benzo, like a safety net. At least try it that way... don't just take it with the LSD flat out.

P.S. by mellow the trip, they mean killing the effects sought in LSD use in the first place. Seriously, if you're so scared, why do you wana take LSD in the first place? It's not gonna kill you, so why the worry?

Also, IME LSD trips last around 18 hours in total, including the come down. The effects don't end usually until you fall asleep. Idk why that other guy had a 30 hour trip though.... maybe he took a DOx drug instead.
This is very understandable, although I'm just so amazed by lsd and just phycedlics in general, I really want to experience what it's like. Just knowing I have some sort of option to kill/mellow the trip just incase I really do have some sort of mega freak out makes me feel a lot more comfortable and a lot less nervous.

Dunno quite what the geezer who said it lasted 30 hours was on but it wasn't LSD. LSD is all over bar the shouting after 8 hours. The rest is just trying to get to sleep.

Is it easy to sleep after taking LSD?

I mean I find it hard to sleep whilst high, god knows what LSD would be like.

I can't sleep for at least 12 hours after taking LSD. Even after a half tab I can be up all night and all of the next day. I don't see that as a bad thing though.

Some people are able to sleep even whilst tripping on LSD, which I can't understand at all. I know people to have dropped a tab, gone to sleep for a few hours and wake up tripping balls.

I'd also discourage taking benzos like Xanax or even booze during a trip, it just cancels out the psychedelic experience, you're really cheating yourself with those kinds of dulling drugs.

For an example, if I take LSD at say, 10pm at night, no other stimulants or anything used save for some pot, I usually can't sleep until about 5pm-ish the next day. It's best to just accept that you'll be unable to sleep, and have some movies or games you can play to fill in the come-down time before you sleep. I watched 2 whole seasons of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on a come-down before, it worked real well for me.

I've done acid three times so far:
60 ug at 10pm -> +/- trip, barely any OEV's, no CEV's, went to sleep at 5am, woke up at 10am feeling empty and ununterested in life
90 ug at 1am -> + trip, waving surfaces, no fractals, no CEV's, went to sleep at 6.30am, woke up at 10am energised, happy and with a headache (200mg ibuprofen and a coffee helped)
110 ug at 11pm -> ++ trip, waving surfaces, noticed patterns on everything, light swirling fractals on white surfaces, trails of lights and the whole world felt like electrically charged, light CEV's (static noise-like no colors), went to sleep at 5am, woke up at 12pm energised, happy and with a headache (400mg ibuprofen and a coffee helped)

So each time managed to sleep right after the peak. My brain was active but I was tired by then and got bored as well. Actually I went to bed earlier but my last memory of time indicated, then I drifted unconscious each time shortly after.

You sound like you had a tab dosed with DOB instead of LSD.
The typical DOB experiences can last up to 24 hours with lingering effects afterwards

Sounds like ur 30hr trip was bromo dragonfly. It lasts 30 hrs and comes in tabs. I wouldn't do it often as it can cause extreme vasoconstriction and lead to gangrene. On the topic of LSD, if you feel anxiety then yes take a xanax. Xanax is very safe and does not cause any problems with LSD at all. Xanax works in the same way as alcohol but without all the fucked upness (at therapeutic doses). In other words, its gonna calm you down. I always try to keep some around when tripping with newbies because of this. It is impossible to fall asleep on LSD until an hour or so after it ends (at roughly 12-14 hours usually depending on dose). Also to if you take it by mouth if the LSD tastes really bitter and numbs out ur mouth its not LSD, its probably an nbome or possibly bromo dragonfly. "If its bitter its a spitter" is a good thing to remember. You can obv still trip on it, but just remember neither are as safe.

Also acid will last at max about 12-14 hours. My friend took 5 110 ug tabs and after 12 hours he was about baseline. If its longer its either DOx or bromo dragonfly.

Also if u can't get xanax (it is scheduled, so you need a prescription) then benadryl will work also. It will probably make you tired as well as relieve stress, but it works (unless you take it regularly for allergies or sleep. Then the effects usually just become placebo).

agreed. Some people can fall asleep easily on it, some people can't sleep the next day. This is usually the norm as far as i have read though.