View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD gel tab solubility

Wutang_Forever

Bluelighter
Came across some lovely green LSD gel tabs, i was wondering if these will cleanly dissolve into a solution with distilled water, or potentially booze. Also what flavorings could i use?

What are the tabs made of? It's difficult to answer the question without this information. Also, can I ask why you want to dissolve them?

Little hardened green gel pieces, they came out of a gem shaped mold. I'm not sure what they're made of specifically. I was hoping someone has seen these before, this is my first encounter.

For novelty and cool points... if someone has LSD whiskey wouldn't you want to try it?

For novelty and cool points... If someone has LSD whiskey wouldn't you want to try it?

Honestly, no. It would force me to take alcohol with my LSD and it would open up the risk of confusion. Personally, I'd suggest that you abandon the idea.

They would not totally dissolve no matter what they're made of, so you'd have to do some straining. It would be wise to save this for when you have liquid... even blotters would work better than gel tabs.

Also, please don't drink on psychedelics....

Just put the tab in the side of your mouth.. It will take a second to dissolve. You could also just eat them, that's what I did....

Don't drink on psychedelics? Whhhhhhhat?
Threw those gels in 4 oz Jim Beam, they just kinda got gunky and didn't fully dissolve. Wild ass trip tho, never had blotters that were that potent. I'm still a lil spun 15 hours later

Don't drink on psychedelics? Whhhhhhhat?
Threw those gels in 4 oz Jim Beam, they just kinda got gunky and didn't fully dissolve. Wild ass trip tho, never had blotters that were that potent. I'm still a lil spun 15 hours later

Sounds like good fun nothing worng with abit of drink and psychedelics mate

Gel here stands for gelatin (Yeah and or you could say the word gelatin is derived from or associated with gel) which should be soluble in water or alcoholic beverages. AFAIK if they are hard and brittle they forgot to add - I think - something like PG to keep it more like a gummy candy.

So 'would not totally dissolve no matter what theyre made of' - how do you figure that?

I dont understand the question what flavorings can be used... for what, how? To add to your demi water / booze with dissolved gel tab? Of course one could add anything as long as there isn't something like chlorine present to degrade the LSD..

in my experience as a cook ( ;) ), gelatine dissolves in water, but only very slowly unless heated. I guess if you would heat the solution for a few seconds it should all dissolve.

If you are worried about degradation from heating a solution of LSD (shouldn't be that serious if only for short while), and if the gel tabs are really that brittle, grind into powder with a mortar. The huge increase in surface area will allow it to dissolve easier.

Next time they show up i'll try n break em up for some more surface area to dissolve. Sadly i only had two, and probably didn't wait long enough to dissolve. Too bad they're so rare round here, they melted my face off completely.

I <3 <3 <3 green gel tabs. grantedthe last time I had them was about 14 years ago.

About 5 years ago I had some clear gel tabs and they did not dissolve for shit in water.

Just eat the fucking things.

Me thinks you just wanted to post a thread sayin "hahaha I GOT GEL TABS!!!"

Because it's like drinking at church, it's disrespectful. Additionally, according to the folks at the Xendo project, alcohol increases the risk of a bad experience more than any other variable.

There is a difference between 'still feeling a buzz from a cocktail you had in the afternoon, while sitting in church' and 'getting wasted before divebombing the holy water'. :)

But yeah, novelty only actually yields cool points if it doesn't go at the cost of safety / harm reduction. Generally lacing or pre-mixing drugs is a very bad idea, because you lose control over the proportions of the drugs you dose. Granted, some drugs like two complementary acting stimulants do fine at a set proportion.. But here, with LSD and liquor it would mean you have to drink the liquor at once since redosing LSD later on during the experience has different/less effects unlike with alcohol. Even if you dose at 100 ug per shot of whisky it would mean that if you wanna take 300 ug of acid sometime you would have to drink three shots of whisky at T=0. Not wise at all, and that goes double with high LSD doses.

So yeaaa I did just wana talk about green gel tabs. I'm still WTFing about them, I've only ever seen paper!

But here, with LSD and liquor it would mean you have to drink the liquor at once since redosing LSD later on during the experience has different/less effects unlike with alcohol. Even if you dose at 100 ug per shot of whisky it would mean that if you wanna take 300 ug of acid sometime you would have to drink three shots of whisky at T=0. Not wise at all, and that goes double with high LSD doses.

LSD and liquor is my go to combo for shows, you're right tho, nothing like being hung over on strong comedown.

To me it's still unclear, why are you just not letting them dissolve in your mouth or eating them like designed? Or put it in your mouth and wash it down with ethanol. Why go to the trouble when you've recieved something with such ease of access?

Because it's like drinking at church, it's disrespectful. Additionally, according to the folks at the Xendo project, alcohol increases the risk of a bad experience more than any other variable.

Disrespectful to whom? A chemical? Yourself? A drug experience?

It's a preference thing, not necessarily dangerous. It's your opinion, that it's disrespectful, IMO, it can be a good time. I don't take acid to have religious experiences, raise my vibrations, or anything else like that.

I think pot has a better chance of increasing bad trips more than booze. LSD and a few drinks is a fine combo for a party.