View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD freakout?

WanderingStudent

Greenlighter
I had used medium doses of liberty caps, high doses of bk 2cb, dxm, mxp, mxe and even diphenhydramine under the influence of all I had some level of self control. I took a first time dose of LSD at 345ug which I realise was a stupid decision but I usually don't find common doses of the majority of substances very effective as I'm fairly heavy, I also heard it doesn't work too well your first time similarly to weed and I wanted to make the most out of the experience. I ended up believing I was dead and in heaven and hell, made a lot of noise and the police had to be called, ended up in hospital. What went wrong? Dosage? I was with like 9 people, was that too much? I ask because I hear usually Shrooms are a tougher experience than acid and all 3 of my Shrooms trips have been very smooth

345mics for your first time is quite a hefty dose. LSD at high doses does seem to overwhelm you more than mushrooms. Why did they call the cops on you? Surely that's a big no-no.

What went wrong is dosage and 9 people.

Shrooms are said to be tougher because it's more chaotic and less analytical, but that comparison goes out of the window when comparing large doses, IMO.

I don't think 345ug is a 'stupid' dose of LSD.
It looks like this was your first experience with lysergamides though, in which case yeah a lower dose to test the waters would have been ideal.

I wouldn't take acid around a whole bunch of people unless they were all either close trusted friends.. or all as fucked up as me. Too many variables..
Have you considered it might not have been LSD? Was it from a trusted source?

LSD and other psychedelics are not trivial party substances , esp at higher doses - for all sorts of reasons they are often perceived as ' allies " or " teachers " .
As you have discovered these wondrous chemicals demand respect and caution as one increases dosage ; esp so in respect to set and setting ....

For me , high dosing becomes introspective - not recreational entertainment , and I prefer to be alone in a safe , comfortable , relaxed environment where I can integrate the experience without having to cope with any potential issues or other people dynamics .

My advice for future high dosing is to do likewise , perhaps with only one or two very trusted friends present .

I have seen freakouts , and they're bad news for all present , esp other trippers .
Sorry to read that your trip was such a train wreck that cops showed up , which could only serve to make a bad day much worse ....

Better luck next time , and stay safe .

Shrooms and acid are not really even comparable IMO besides that they both make you trip. Certain psychedelics vibe better with some people than others. Both in the right dosages can be tough trips. If you indeed took 345 mics that could be a tough experience for your first time. I know that I have taken 10 strips and been fine and I have taken two hits and been more fucked up than I wanted to be. Dosing with LSD can be very tricky unless you send your tabs to the lab every time. Next time just try a lower dose. It can be amazing and scary but I don't feel I've tripped proper if there isn't a little bit of uncertainty for part of it. Don't over analyze it. These types of drugs are very powerful. They do strange things to people but can be the best time you can have as well. Respect of this stuff is key. We ain't talking about kids stuff here. Freakouts can happen but know that you ingested one of the most potent chemicals known to man. Happy tripping, try less next time until you get a feel for it.

LSD and other psychedelics are not trivial party substances , esp at higher doses - for all sorts of reasons they are often perceived as ' allies " or " teachers " .
As you have discovered these wondrous chemicals demand respect and caution as one increases dosage ; esp so in respect to set and setting ....

For me , high dosing becomes introspective - not recreational entertainment , and I prefer to be alone in a safe , comfortable , relaxed environment where I can integrate the experience without having to cope with any potential issues or other people dynamics .

My advice for future high dosing is to do likewise , perhaps with only one or two very trusted friends present .

I have seen freakouts , and they're bad news for all present , esp other trippers .
Sorry to read that your trip was such a train wreck that cops showed up , which could only serve to make a bad day much worse ....

Better luck next time , and stay safe .
Thanks and I have to say despite what happened in retrospective it was still a rather enjoyable experience

Shrooms and acid are not really even comparable IMO besides that they both make you trip. Certain psychedelics vibe better with some people than others. Both in the right dosages can be tough trips. If you indeed took 345 mics that could be a tough experience for your first time. I know that I have taken 10 strips and been fine and I have taken two hits and been more fucked up than I wanted to be. Dosing with LSD can be very tricky unless you send your tabs to the lab every time. Next time just try a lower dose. It can be amazing and scary but I don't feel I've tripped proper if there isn't a little bit of uncertainty for part of it. Don't over analyze it. These types of drugs are very powerful. They do strange things to people but can be the best time you can have as well. Respect of this stuff is key. We ain't talking about kids stuff here. Freakouts can happen but know that you ingested one of the most potent chemicals known to man. Happy tripping, try less next time until you get a feel for it.
Yeah next time I'll try a lower dose and then work my way up

Yeah, 345 mikes for your first L trip is not a good idea. Heck, even taking only one geltab (lab tested at 140 mikes) used to could easily take a turn for the the uncomfortable for me, and I was an experienced tripper. Also, people freak out, break stuff that's not theirs, start screaming, and/or become violent with LSD all the time.