View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

lsd for the first time

frankmilton

Greenlighter
My friend finally got his hands on some lsd after years of effort. He wants to try them but he has a few questions. He is wondering if it would be better to drop lsd alone than with some people. The reason being, he is kind of anti-social(not completely, but he shows tendency) and likes being alone most of the time. He also has trust issues with people even with his closest friends. The second question he has is whether he should drop one or two hits of lsd. His friend who sold them to him said he should drop two and he thinks of this person as one of the most reliable people he knows. This person has tried them before she sold them to him so he believes they are not research chemicals.

I would say if your friend enjoys being alone and believes that he may get more intellectually or emotionally out of the trip being by himself then I would have little reason to object. I tripped by myself the first time and it was a hell of a trip, I thought I had died, but I found it more rewarding than anything else. As for how much I would personally suggest one tab regardless of what his friend says. Better to be safe than sorry imo. I know that sounds like something your parents would say but honestly, if you treat psychedelics with respect then they will treat you well. It is easier to have faith in yourself if you take a little caution than to abandon that and go too far. In the end it really boils down to what your friend believes he is comfortable with. It is my belief that psychedelics have to be personal and I think without that personal choice the experience would probably be worthless.

Do you think he should take one and if he's not tripping enough then take another? and would doing it in his room be a bad idea? i heard that closed space can sometimes turn into a bad trip. he lives with his parents but he is no longer a minor so his parents stopped checking on him on regular basis quiet a while ago so he's not anxious about his parents at all.

Do you think he should take one and if he's not tripping enough then take another? and would doing it in his room be a bad idea? i heard that closed space can sometimes turn into a bad trip. he lives with his parents but he is no longer a minor so his parents stopped checking on him on regular basis quiet a while ago so he's not anxious about his parents at all.

The problem with dosing a second time is that you can never quite be sure when the first dose is going to take hold. I have had a trip where it took 2 hours before it came up and I thought for sure I had screwed up my dose or something. It can be very tempting to think you just just didn't do enough and then bam it will just hit you all at once. I would say your friend should give it at least a couple hours or more before taking a second dose.

To the second part closed spaces have never been a problem for me personally. I have only ever tripped from the comfort of my room. I do that mostly just so that I am in a familiar setting. I am sure your friend knows that set and setting are the most important things before taking a psychedelic. A familiar setting is like a beacon of reality for me. Some people though find they have a hard time letting go unless they are free to wander and go where ever they want. I think it's mostly just feeling it out as you go along.

I want to stress that I am not a voice of truth or anything. What works for me might not work for your friend. I can only offer my personal experiences.