View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD first timer

unknownSKY

Bluelighter
Hello! Today im trying LSD for the first time and have a few random questions i couldn't find the answers to..

Recently i had a very bad experience on shrooms which ended with me 'muscle locked' on the ground for 2 hours feeling like i was gonna die.... (This was simply because i went into it with a bad attitude and it was my most intense trip to date because i took 2x my normal dose)

With this being said im going into it somewhat hesitant but still very excited!

The person im buying it from says i should take 2 to feel the full effects but hes also who sold me the shrooms and urged me to take 5g to feel the full effects... i weight 140lb and im 6ft so im fairly skinny

Would it be alright for me to take half a tab wait an hour and if im liking it taking the other half of one? or would that weaken it or something? should i just take the 2 tabs? i have no idea and thats why im here!

P.S. im planning on taking it alone as a guinnypig for my gf so if i like it were going to do it together. Is it a bad idea to take it alone?

THANKS ;D

Hi!
How many micrograms of LSD are there on each tab? If you have no clue, ask the person you bought it from. There are typically 150-220 mcg of substance on each tab.
What was your heaviest dose of mushrooms and how did you react to it?
Have you experienced any other psychedelic substances before apart from mushrooms?

There's nothing wrong with taking half a tab and then deciding if you should dose more, that's a good way to test the waters before diving in. It will slightly bring the peak intensity down a bit by staggering like that, and it will also extend amount of time down to baseline that hour delay. A lot of people prefer staggering their doses in general, because it makes for a more gentle, less peaky ride.

Good idea to ask how many micrograms in each tab, but the guy you got them from might not really know himself, he might just make something up, or go with his guess based on their strength.

The other thing that is recommended these days is to chew the tab a couple times, then swallow right away. Don't gum it like people did in the old days. This will protect you from accidentally dosing NBOMe passed off as acid.

I was thinking about NBOMe and/or NBOH, too...since the real deal can be hard to come by nowadays. unknownSKY, don't your blotters have a cherry or strawberry print on them, by the way?

When people tell me bad mushroom stories band then tell me they are afraid to trip I just laugh. We are talking about not just 2 very different chemicals, but also consider that one is a "pure" chemical and the other is a fungus filled with plenty of nasty alkaloids. Those nasty alkaloids are by and large responsible for sedation, pain, muscle tension and all sorts of dark, delirious sorts of head space. You shouldn't compare shrooms to lsd for that reason, just my 2 cents on that subject.

As far as how many hits to take, that entirely depends on what you wish to encounter and the dosage on the blotter. What I get is supposed to be a 150mcg blotter, and I tend to take 3-6 of them, depending on how dissolved I'd like me ego to be. LSD is also a happier and better feeling drug than mushrooms, tho shrooms can be far more intense, depending on a billion different variables. Really high doses of lsd can be pretty frightening, especially once you lose your sense of personal boundary and self, but really, you need to take quite a bit to get there. A fun dose is between 2 and 4 blotters @150mcg. A life changer is anything more than that, but perhaps I have a really strong ego and I just need a lot to kill it lol. Either way, the odds of something bad happing are utterly insignificant, and if you've tripped a few times already, you ought to be able to handle whatever comes your way.

On to tolerance, LSD certainly has a tolerance curve that can be troublesome, but it's no NBOMe. You'll likely feel a hit taken after you're already on the come up, but once you start tripping you generally dont get a stronger trip from redosing, just a longer one, but it could be very different for you, I have a friend that swears by staggering the dosage, taking a half blotter every 15 minutes until he "takes off", but I think he's a dumbass just generally, so take that how you will lol.

By and large, LSD is lovely, and a hell of a lot more fun than shrooms. To me in terms of recreational potential it goes lsd>mescaline>shrooms. I'd throw in the various RC's id sample, but I don't wanna make a massive list lol.

^Qofdeath you are recommending what most people would consider to be extremely large doses, especially for someone's first time with LSD. 300-600ug of LSD is a big dose for most people, and your normal dose of 450-900ug even more so.

In my books 100-200ug is about as high as you should go on your first time. I've introduced people to acid on 25-50ug at a festival and they had an amazing time.

Second that. I would not go as far as to say that 2-4 blotters is a "fun" dose..if there's no tolerance and one is not a hardhead.

No you're right. I'm a hardhead when it comes to psychs generally, and im prone to forgetting that experiences tend to be very subjective. most people would find 225ugs to be perfect I'd imagine, just like how most people don't consider ego death a "fun" experience, whereas I do and its the primary experience i seek.

Regardless, there's still plenty of valid info in my post, especially the reasoning i presented as to why mushies can suck so hard sometimes.

Back in the 60's and 70's people dosed a lot higher than what is typical today - it sounds like people dosed more like what you are talking about Q, even on their first go. So it's not necessarily a bad idea to go high with LSD right off the bat! You're right that the LSD dosage curve is very forgiving, and high dose LSD is a lot easier to manage than some other drugs, like mushrooms.

LSD scales so well with dosage, I find it's useful and fun at almost any dose. And it is pretty safe, as long as you're getting the real deal.

Edit: however, it's still a good practice to start small and then go big on subsequent trips. For your own sanity and safety.

Last edited:
The thing is, it is quite possible that tabs unknownSKY possesses are not LSD at all. And if that is the case, going over 1 blotter might be dangerous.

The most shrooms ive ever taken was 5g and it had my laying on the floor for 2 hours "having a seizure" my girlfriend said...... i was just laying there in pain though really and i know for a fact if i didnt go into it with a bad mindset it wouldnt of happened

Yeah, just take it easy, do just like you said, take a half, and then in an hour take the other half if you feel good about it.
Swallow the tabs to rule out NBOxx, and remember: "if it's bitter, it's a spitter".

When people tell me bad mushroom stories band then tell me they are afraid to trip I just laugh. We are talking about not just 2 very different chemicals, but also consider that one is a "pure" chemical and the other is a fungus filled with plenty of nasty alkaloids. Those nasty alkaloids are by and large responsible for sedation, pain, muscle tension and all sorts of dark, delirious sorts of head space. You shouldn't compare shrooms to lsd for that reason, just my 2 cents on that subject.

As far as how many hits to take, that entirely depends on what you wish to encounter and the dosage on the blotter. What I get is supposed to be a 150mcg blotter, and I tend to take 3-6 of them, depending on how dissolved I'd like me ego to be. LSD is also a happier and better feeling drug than mushrooms, tho shrooms can be far more intense, depending on a billion different variables. Really high doses of lsd can be pretty frightening, especially once you lose your sense of personal boundary and self, but really, you need to take quite a bit to get there. A fun dose is between 2 and 4 blotters @150mcg. A life changer is anything more than that, but perhaps I have a really strong ego and I just need a lot to kill it lol. Either way, the odds of something bad happing are utterly insignificant, and if you've tripped a few times already, you ought to be able to handle whatever comes your way.

On to tolerance, LSD certainly has a tolerance curve that can be troublesome, but it's no NBOMe. You'll likely feel a hit taken after you're already on the come up, but once you start tripping you generally dont get a stronger trip from redosing, just a longer one, but it could be very different for you, I have a friend that swears by staggering the dosage, taking a half blotter every 15 minutes until he "takes off", but I think he's a dumbass just generally, so take that how you will lol.

By and large, LSD is lovely, and a hell of a lot more fun than shrooms. To me in terms of recreational potential it goes lsd>mescaline>shrooms. I'd throw in the various RC's id sample, but I don't wanna make a massive list lol.

Mushrooms have all kinds of nasty alkaloids and LSD is a more "pure" chemical? This statement seems similar to saying regular cannabis has all kinds of different cannabinoids where as JW-XXX is a "pure" chemical so therefore JW-XXX is much more "pure" and better......well we all know it isn't that simple. To me if I was blind tested after experiencing both and I knew nothing about shrooms or LSD I would likely say that the LSD feels more like the fungus with nasty alkaloids than the Shrooms which to me feel more like a "pure" chemical. This is mostly due to the fact that when I'm done tripping on shrooms you just kind of return to a more normal feeling and are just tired from the experience but after using a solid dose of LSD and tripping for 12 hrs. I feel like someone took a blow torch to my brain and I'm very dumb for like 24-36 hrs. Which also brings me to the suggestion of not staggering the doses with LSD because for a first time experience with it I don't think you would want it to last any longer than it will with one single dose. I remember quite a few times where after the peak is over and things are still moving quite a bit it becomes annoying and I just kind of wanted it to be over with.

Well that's really just your personal experience. And I did say it as "pure" for a reason, after all you always have to be skeptical of the source and what could be on it. Even when I have dosed roughly 1mg of acid [NOT RECCOMMENDED (unless you greatly desire completely forgetting what you are, which i actually enjoy)] for me the next day is wonderful. I just feel warm and fuzzy, relaxed, and often full of interesting new concepts to play with in my head. I get that way on shrooms too, and 25i nboh, and pretty much all psychs really, besides b and c variants in the 2c-x world of psychs, they mess with me a bit.

The simple fact is that, by weight, there are far more active alkaloids in your average mushroom, and depending on what strain they are and how you grow them, certain alkaloids can become so high in volume that you get a terrible trip. At least with lsd, in theory, you are getting just lsd, there are no unknowns to consider other than whether or not it is what it is, and if you trust the source, well, you're probably tight.

also, synthetic weed is generally far worse than the real thing imo, I've only sampled a few and they were just sedating and rather boring, so fuck those, get the real thing, unless all you can find is regs, then a jwh isn't so bad lol. I actually feel the presence of things other than thc makes the trip whole. Have you ever had straight THC extract? Its not the same as weed, its a hell of a lot better than jwh-blahblah tho...

5g of normal shrooms is way too much to recommend to a beginner. 3g is enough to experience full effects. If you have average lsd blotters of around 100mics, taking a whole one is a good place to start. Taking half a blot or less (to me) will induce more anxiety, produce little to no visual effects and be a lot less fun. It's harder on the mind as you end up in a mind space half grounded in reality and halfway in the tripset. Taking both at the same time, if they are around 100mics will produce an experience similar in intensity as about 3g grams of shrooms imo. It'll give the same sort of effects as a single blotter, but the visual effects will be more full on!

Hello! Today im trying LSD for the first time and have a few random questions i couldn't find the answers to..

Recently i had a very bad experience on shrooms which ended with me 'muscle locked' on the ground for 2 hours feeling like i was gonna die.... (This was simply because i went into it with a bad attitude and it was my most intense trip to date because i took 2x my normal dose)

With this being said im going into it somewhat hesitant but still very excited!

The person im buying it from says i should take 2 to feel the full effects but hes also who sold me the shrooms and urged me to take 5g to feel the full effects... i weight 140lb and im 6ft so im fairly skinny

Would it be alright for me to take half a tab wait an hour and if im liking it taking the other half of one? or would that weaken it or something? should i just take the 2 tabs? i have no idea and thats why im here!

P.S. im planning on taking it alone as a guinnypig for my gf so if i like it were going to do it together. Is it a bad idea to take it alone?

THANKS ;D

Dose half a tab an hour. It will slowly and gently build you into a nice LSD trip if you have somewhat good tabs. Two tabs at once could be overwhelming especially if you just had a difficult trip.