View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD first time

Tripprn

Greenlighter
Hi. I'm new to LSD, I have never tried the substance but I'm going to soon;)
I have read a bit on the internet about dosage, badtrips, experiences and so on. But I want to know more personal advices and opinions from u guys. I think the psychedelic world is amazing and really want to explore it. I've only tried weed, alchohol and mdma (I weigh about 60kg if that even matters) So my questions are:

-What dosage would you recommend for my first time. I've thought about 200ug? Is that to much as for what I know I have a strong mind and haven't had any bad experiences with any drug and haven't experienced anything bad in my free time At all so hopefully no bad trips. But I still don't want to rush it completely. 150ug? I've seen enchanced colors and blurred vision from mdma so I want it to be a little more crazier;)) but I don't want it to be too much.

-how do you get the right mindset and setting and setup. And having the right thoughts before taking lsd?

-how long time does it take to get back on your feet after taking lsd. Fx can you go to work the day after?

-how should the tripsitter be? And how can the tripsitter calm you down if something happens and so on.

If you have further advice or tips pls share them ;)

I am no words massively experienced myself but pushed for advice I would say have no expectation. Just go into it with a completely open mind.

Set and setting, make sure its a comfortable environment, all the obvious stuff which i am sure you have read about umpteen times! ;)

But yeah have fun, accept whatever comes your way, let your thoughts flow through you, dont hold onto any. if youve ever had any anxiety with weed id stick clear first time. Personally if im super stoned before i can seem to smoke through during a trip and be ok, everyone is diff though.

Haha thanks might just jump into it. And no have never felt anxiety with Weed. Only sickest couchlock and munchies and pure relaxation;)

Make sure you have nothing going on the next day. Plan accordingly. Sleep is usually un-achievable until the 12+ hour mark IME, longer sometimes. I recommend beer for the comedown, helps mellow out the jittery-ness of that part.

-What dosage would you recommend for my first time.
100 mcg

-how do you get the right mindset and setting and setup. And having the right thoughts before taking lsd?
Expect nothing, prepare for anything.

-how long time does it take to get back on your feet after taking lsd. Fx can you go to work the day after?
Don't expect to go to work the day after.

-how should the tripsitter be? And how can the tripsitter calm you down if something happens and so on.
A trusted friend. If they need to calm you down they should just talk to you calmly.

What dosage would you recommend for my first time. I've thought about 200ug? Is that to much as for what I know I have a strong mind and haven't had any bad experiences with any drug and haven't experienced anything bad in my free time At all so hopefully no bad trips. But I still don't want to rush it completely. 150ug? I've seen enchanced colors and blurred vision from mdma so I want it to be a little more crazier;)) but I don't want it to be too much.

Thank you for reaching out. You are wise to be asking these questions.

200mcg is much too much on the first occasion. Of key importance is that some people have a much lower tolerance than others, and you might well be one of those. IMO, half a tab (+/-60mcg) is a safe first-time dose. If you do well, next time add 1/4 tab, and advance no more that 1/4 tab after that. Smoking weed can intensify LSD dramatically and quite easily cause a bad trip. That's happened to me repeatedly.

how do you get the right mindset and setting and setup. And having the right thoughts before taking lsd?

Pick a calm, familiar environment on a nice sunny day. If you are well rested, and you feel ok, you'll be fine. Try to arrange things so as to not to have to answer the door or the telephone. Tripping in public can be a chore, so I would say steer clear of that.

how long time does it take to get back on your feet after taking lsd. Fx can you go to work the day after?

You should be fine to work the next day, as long as you're well rested. Expect your trip to occupy 12 hours in it's entirety, and plan accordingly.

Best wishes now and always.

Last edited: