View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD: enhancers and tolerance?

Behappystayhappy

Bluelighter
Friend and I dropped around 150-200mic tab the other day. It was fun but we didn't get the full lsd experience we have been wanting. We are dropping around 500-550 mics 8 days after our last drop. Is 8 days long enough for no tolerancd? If not, what are some easy to get enhancers for LSD. Things like vitamins and such, not other illegal drugs

There will still be some downregulation of the receptors after only 8 days, however it won't be "that much" and the increase in dosage you're proposing will certainly overcome it.

Just ensure you're actually consuming LSD, and not something like 25i-NBOMe. The dosage increase could kill if you don't have real LSD (assuming you're taking multiple of the same tabs).

Enhancers? If you mean potentiators, some people find that MAOI's, such as harmalas or passionflower, can increase the effects of LSD. I found that celastrus paniculatus seeds (an MAOI) increased the potency of an LSD experience I had by a significant amount. I've also heard clove oil can help with absorption but I've never tried it.

If your dosage is accurate, I assure you that you won't need a stronger trip. 500ug is a lot of LSD, someone should warn you that you may not know what you're in for. Your average blotter has 75-115 mics on it, with most of it leaning towards the lower half of that statistic. 200ug blotters are very uncommon but not unheard of. So, 500 micrograms would be enough for 5 ordinary people to all have a decent trip.

8 days is enough for your tolerance to be somewhere around 15% higher than if you had no tolerance at all, generally speaking.

When taking Passion flower do you need to follow the same guidelines as if you were doing ayahuasca ?

how did 150-200 mics not give you a full experience? do you have a tolerance to psychedelics already?

500 mics will make most people unresponsive at times due to the effects being so strong unless you are very experienced with psychedelics just fyi

how did 150-200 mics not give you a full experience? do you have a tolerance to psychedelics already?

500 mics will make most people unresponsive at times due to the effects being so strong unless you are very experienced with psychedelics just fyi

"150-200", probably "as advertised".

it's not more than quoting random numbers in a certain domain of digits.

I wish people stopped this and just say, what they can say: One strong tab. One medium tab. Two strong tabs. etc

I've never taken more than about 200mics. Every time those experiences have been like just seeing tracers, replications, walls breathing, and overall just acting goofy and giggly for 4-5 hours. But my friends talk about that if you take 500mics + it's a whole new level of a trip and you see beautiful geometric patterns and a change on perception of life.

Is this accurate?

It's numbers like that that mislead folks

Your friends are prolly saying 200mcg meaning 2 hits of what they think is 100mcg per stamp, when it sounds to me (I've dosed dozens of times over 20 years) what they are talking about is nowhere near 100mcg per stamp

When taking Passion flower do you need to follow the same guidelines as if you were doing ayahuasca ?

I haven't tried it quite yet (I plan to soon) but I read somewhere online that you just eat a couple tablespoons of powder or drink some tea an hour or two before taking your dose. Directions should be relatively easy to find

To be honest you probably have either fake LSD or your blotters have a very low amount of it. If 1 or 2 hits isn't enough to give you a full trip then find another source IME

I've never taken more than about 200mics. Every time those experiences have been like just seeing tracers, replications, walls breathing, and overall just acting goofy and giggly for 4-5 hours. But my friends talk about that if you take 500mics + it's a whole new level of a trip and you see beautiful geometric patterns and a change on perception of life.

Is this accurate?

each extra hit should be a whole new level of trip if they're dosed properly. a 100 mic dose is a totally different trip from a 200 mic dose, which is totally different from a 300 mic dose and so on. Even small amounts of LSD can make a big difference. Anyway, for me acid (the feeling of being on acid as well as the visuals) usually lasts 12 to 14 hours, although the peak does last around 3-5 hours.

I've never found MAOIs work with LSD. 300mg of moclobemide has no effect. Is passionflower even an MAOI? I've a feeling you'd have to eat the entire worlds supply of passionflower to even activate a dose of DMT.

The single greatest enhancer to LSD is something I discovered a while ago. Instead of taking your dose all at once, take half of it and then the other half 30 minutes later. This takes you through the wormhole to an entirely different area of LSD space and time. Much more physical euphoria. It's almost like an entirely new drug.

Only thing I would suggest is that this method can make your gastro tract a lot more sensitive so try and eat little on the day (perhaps a choc bar an hour before the trip) and avoid eating or drinking much during the trip.

The point I was making (and those the followed) was that the advertised dosage of LSD tabs is almost always overstated. While I personally don't have very much experience with LSD at all, I've still picked up enough to know that 150ug is an acceptable dose (from the users it's clear have a much better idea of LSD's strength). Given this, you can kinda see that single tabs advertised as anything around 150ug are very likely NOT 150ug, else going by verterans' experiences, taking more than 1 would blow you away.

All I'm saying is unless you knew the person who laid the blotter, never assume the advertised dosage is accurate....else one day you might get hold of tabs ACTUALLY dosed decently, and from past experiences with "150ug" tabs, you'll take more than 1....and the next thing you know you've ACTUALLY ingested as much LSD as you thought, and will quickly realise just how potent LSD can be ;)

Right

Tracers and acting goofy and such is a pretty low level trip....prolly under a 100mcg....between 100-300 mcg things start to ramp up dramatically ....full fledged visuals and huge psychadelic phenomenon start to manifest....if your eating 2 hits and just having tracers more than likely your dose is very weak...like 30-50 mcg per dose

I've never found MAOIs work with LSD. 300mg of moclobemide has no effect. Is passionflower even an MAOI? I've a feeling you'd have to eat the entire worlds supply of passionflower to even activate a dose of DMT.

passionflower is a very mild maoi but some people claim it enhances visuals. not really gonna work for ayahuasca. also a lot of people say that moclobemide and related maoi's don't have an effect nearly as much as some of the natural ones seem to. it's been speculated that maybe it's not the maoi, but another property of these plants, or maybe a combination of maoi and something else.

Edit: also, your neurochemistry seems to have a significant impact on how much an MAOI will affect the trip as well.

Last edited: