• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

LSD energy

dopamimetic

Bluelighter
So now some days ago I had my first 1cP-LSD trip which was amazing, and very stimulating yet in a very unique way, mayybe a bit similar to what I barely remember from early DXM trips... And it appears to me that the serotonergic antidepressants might be fatal in that they make you tolerant over time to this very same energy which to me is somewhat the energy of life.. If this makes sense at all. I thought 5ht2a was excitatory, would make sense that antipsychotics antagonize it and inverse agonists put you asleep but then given how different the 5ht2a agonists are, probably we just have so much we still don't know..

But is 5ht2a agonism stimulating or not?

I find LSD very stimulating too the only psychedelic I've tried that wasn't stimulating are mushrooms. Mushrooms can be stimulating but I always end up sedated at some point during or after the trip. SSRIs give me a similar stimulation and the anti-psychotics I've tried just turn me into a sedated zombie. I'd have to check but I'm sure all of these drugs I've taken tickle the same parts of the brain.

I agree it's a unique type of stimulation. It isn't like the push I get from a true stimulant at all.

Guess my question should be, is it possible to get that energy in a sustainable way? Maybe microdosing is a way to it, I had discarded this in past but I have always used shrooms which as you say are less stimulating. I absolutely loved the LSD energy as it puts you so much right in the moment, it's creativity, love, cognition, life ... think it's on par with amphetamine but very different, no stress at all. Amphetamines can really be more warm, but also more scattered and tired-n-wired. Kinda artificially forced while LSD is pure mind and soul power ... I woudn't want to have this energy all day without end but some hours every day would be genius. Could achieve so much more in a positive way with this ... and a real shame that it's banned.

As a cherry on top, the model psychosis thing is bullshit. We just don't have 'the psychosis'. There is no thing like a psychosis transmitter ("endopsychosin") or a definite state of schizophrenia and thus no specific antidote for it (what doesn't mean that there is none for nobody! We just need to be more open.) I had some psychosis in past including hearing voices, was afraid of tripping for years and have even been before due to the interactions of shrooms with psychiatric medication and wrong set&setting but it's all bullshit. Psychedelics can be absolutely healing. It's confusing that people refer to psychedelic visuals in the same way as to hallucinations from e.g. anticholinergics or hearing voices. It's like comparing apples and, papaya, and telling they are all fruit - yeah but when somebody says fruit, do you think about the differencies between apple and papaya?.

I guess you get the same changes in animals that are kept in small cages and fed with overdoses of chemicals as in psychotic humans because they indeed have something in common - their consciousness is flooded over and over with strange things they can't grasp or explain, live in fear and have nothing to hide etc. It's just not the chemicals alone.

Last edited:
My experience is that presently there is no pharmaceutical way of sustaining this energy. Microdosing can extend it for a period of time with diminishing returns as time goes on.

I once had access to at least a barrel of it, by "micro-dosing" DXM. It was so intense that I needed to drink a lot to remain a somewhat healthy sleep schedule and this was what gave me problems with people and police, made them convince me to stop and then all went downwards ...

Sadly, that's a common experience. I've done the very same thing with various psychedelic and dissociative substances and have always ended up crashing. It's human to try, but unfortunately it appears it's also human to fail at this quest. :unsure:

I must be one of the few that struggles with LSD sometimes, especially the last few hours into comedown. Probably an element of my PTSD, anxiety and depression stuck in my sub conscious wanting to be acknowledged and released.

I'm not certain what I need to do when I have these difficult moments on LSD, I feel so weighed down, by some dark energy and emotions. I almost forgot to say, I've only ever taken 1p-LSD, so that maybe a factor?

Hmm, I too have PTSD (I guess, but maybe it depends on the individual circumstances? Mine is from childhood bullying and sick parents) and the same thing, anxiety and depression but more so the anxiety made me afraid of tripping many many years also because that's what people keep on repeating but what I experienced is that the current set & setting is much more relevant than anything from the past ... had 1cP-LSD and yeah it was heavy at some points and there were hints of dark energy but I could easily keep them out and trusted in the other two people (which I happened to know personally for just one day then, with the girl I've had virtual contact on and off for about a year, never had any argument with her but still, I had fear of men due to past differencies and this was a really exciting experience) ...

I have the strong feeling that dissociatives can bring you into the same dimensions as psychedelics, yet do they mess more with memory (unfortunately) and are more warm (that's welcome). A warm psychedelic would be very nice, maybe MDMA + LSD makes a good combo? But guess the MDMA wears off too soon and/or the LSD lasts for too long.

Can easily imagine how somebody could struggle with LSD especially when alone or with the wrong people, in the wrong environment but maybe this can be learnt.. I think of deschloroketamine being a good preparation for psychedelics.

You are not alone, robbli. About one in ten of my trips had struggles, I believe that is about average.

The trips that had the greatest struggles with were the ones I learned most from.

I've been more than overwhelmed by the bodyload when I took LSD. Then again it was in Sittard

lol at endopsychosin

keep in mind that LSD has some not insignificant dopaminergic activity so its stimulation may stem partly from that too. Mushrooms definitely can be sedating so I don't think 5HT 2A agonism is purely stimulating, after all as GPCR you can't really call it inhibitory/excitatory in the same way you might for an ion channel. And if you compare the structures of LSD and other "classical" psychs it is quite different (much larger molecule, a chem nerd can add in the technical terms of they're feeling up to it)

No offense guys but talking about our difficult trips isn't really neuroscience or pharmacology. I understand wanting to talk about it but perhaps other sub forums are better suited. All love though <3

microdosing can provide some nice energy but as with any long term substance there can be drawbacks, as has already been said.

So now some days ago I had my first 1cP-LSD trip which was amazing, and very stimulating yet in a very unique way, mayybe a bit similar to what I barely remember from early DXM trips... And it appears to me that the serotonergic antidepressants might be fatal in that they make you tolerant over time to this very same energy which to me is somewhat the energy of life.. If this makes sense at all. I thought 5ht2a was excitatory, would make sense that antipsychotics antagonize it and inverse agonists put you asleep but then given how different the 5ht2a agonists are, probably we just have so much we still don't know..

But is 5ht2a agonism stimulating or not?
1cp-LSD is indeed one of the best psychedelics out there :p I really liked it too.

So for LSD as has been said, it’s likely dopaminergic action that gives energy along with action at other sites.

The “life enegy” you speak of though may be in relation to sigma receptors. I’ve noticed drugs which have affinity for these receptors often leave me with a long lasting AD effect, as well as decrease tolerance to my buprenorphine.

I too notice there seems to be a tolerance or diminishing returns..

-GC

Yeah, I was wondering about sigma receptors before and indeed DXM has hints of the same energy. Sertralin, being an antagonist, fucked me up. Anybody having experiences with fluvoxamine or PRE-087?
The “life enegy” you speak of though may be in relation to sigma receptors. I’ve noticed drugs which have affinity for these receptors often leave me with a long lasting AD effect, as well as decrease tolerance to my buprenorphine.

LSD has both an overlapping DMT and methamphetamine pharmacophore.