• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides LSD emotional response

Hello there people, I used to have an account here long ago where I asked this exact same question this exact same way I am about to ask now, and I am hoping I'll get some smart people to answer me again, since the post is long gone and last time I got a very good answer, but since my memory is very foggy from that time I was hoping for a refreshment.

So I was doing loads of acid until I stumbled upon that one time where it made me feel like a genuine psychopath, a general feeling of apathy and apathy in my face (looking emotionless), without feeling bad per say just.... nothing at all. Then it happened again and again and again, to be completely honest I kind of enjoyed it.

Some folks from here told me it seems like that is a trauma response and it's a good sign showing that my natural defense mechanisms seem to be in working order. Something along those lines, if anyone here is able to tell me more about that, that would be greatly appreciated, as I cannot for the love of me find out what exactly they were saying back then. Thanks.

Some people have told me that taking acid too regularly makes things boring AF.

If it is trauma response, that'd be what I'd call dissociation. I've done it a good bit because I am such troubled person. And there is lots of dissociative responses.

I've had such where everything is dreamy and I don't even feel pain or taste food and I can not be bothered of social rules. That happened twice or thrice and never lasted more than 12 hours, which is great, because it was really, really, really boring, but even tho I speculated it could last for the rest of my life, it didn't move me at all, I had lost ability to care about having lost it all. These episodes have not relapsed for years. This was the most intense and comprehensive dissociation I've ever experienced without consuming strong dissociative drugs. It happened after losing loved one.

And then I got familiar with more selective derealization, where everything is borderline dreamy and emotions are slightly blunted, but I could, for example, taste food just fine. That lasted for few years. I could not tell if it kinda affected me to this day, but since starting therapy it has got A LOT better.

I've had depersonalization where I was observing myself acting but I did not feel like I made decisions. This happened once after I figured out I have OCPD (this is commonly for OCPD'r absolutely shocking and completely overwhelming experience). Lasted few hours.

After my most recent psychological trauma, I fluctuated a lot between grief, anxiety, anger and what I call "selective dissociation" episodes, at some point. Where I lost ability to feel any emotions at all or be bothered of anything, BUT I had no dreaminess at all, no observing myself, food tasted fine. Only, I had no emotions. This could last all day.

@ThePsychedelicNeanderthal can you be a little more specific? Just a lack of emotion or thought? Do you feel outside your body, like you are looking at yourself externally? Do you feel like a robot, and your consciousness is just observing it?

I do agree it maybe sounds like dissociation or depersonalization.

Which, I guess isn't that abnormal on LSD. It only happens to me at very high doses.

Or maybe you're just really really high. How much LSD are you taking? How frequently?

actually the opposite. Taking too much acid makes the boring things really matter. Simple acts like heating up water to make coffee become very significant.

as someone who has taken wayyyyyyyy too much LSD, i can relate to OP in a way. there are moments I lose my cool, because I'm surrounded by total idiots who have no idea of the complexity of the situation that earth is in.

So yeah, its easy to become apathetic even tho that was against your inititial will.

Hope youre well OP

If it is trauma response, that'd be what I'd call dissociation. I've done it a good bit because I am such troubled person. And there is lots of dissociative responses.

I've had such where everything is dreamy and I don't even feel pain or taste food and I can not be bothered of social rules. That happened twice or thrice and never lasted more than 12 hours, which is great, because it was really, really, really boring, but even tho I speculated it could last for the rest of my life, it didn't move me at all, I had lost ability to care about having lost it all. These episodes have not relapsed for years. This was the most intense and comprehensive dissociation I've ever experienced without consuming strong dissociative drugs. It happened after losing loved one.

And then I got familiar with more selective derealization, where everything is borderline dreamy and emotions are slightly blunted, but I could, for example, taste food just fine. That lasted for few years. I could not tell if it kinda affected me to this day, but since starting therapy it has got A LOT better.

I've had depersonalization where I was observing myself acting but I did not feel like I made decisions. This happened once after I figured out I have OCPD (this is commonly for OCPD'r absolutely shocking and completely overwhelming experience). Lasted few hours.

After my most recent psychological trauma, I fluctuated a lot between grief, anxiety, anger and what I call "selective dissociation" episodes, at some point. Where I lost ability to feel any emotions at all or be bothered of anything, BUT I had no dreaminess at all, no observing myself, food tasted fine. Only, I had no emotions. This could last all day.

it didn't move me at all, I had lost ability to care about having lost it all.
Where I lost ability to feel any emotions at all or be bothered of anything
Only, I had no emotions.
The selection of quotes I picked seems very close to what I've been experiencing, but your whole post I can on some level relate to, but for me personally it doesn't bother me that much, I kind of enjoy it, it brings me peace.

As for the first line of your post acid has never bored me haha.

@ThePsychedelicNeanderthal can you be a little more specific? Just a lack of emotion or thought? Do you feel outside your body, like you are looking at yourself externally? Do you feel like a robot, and your consciousness is just observing it?

I do agree it maybe sounds like dissociation or depersonalization.

Which, I guess isn't that abnormal on LSD. It only happens to me at very high doses.

Or maybe you're just really really high. How much LSD are you taking? How frequently?
Lack of emotions and a lack of what I call ''loud thoughts'' it feels like my thought stream is silenced and sped up, I can subconsciously understand what is happening around me very quickly without having ''my voice in my head'' talking back to me analyzing it, kind of feels like I am looking at myself externally as well yes.

like you are looking at yourself externally? Do you feel like a robot, and your consciousness is just observing it?
Sounds very same to what I am experiencing.

During this state my memory is heavily suppressed, even though it feels like I remember loads of stuff, in reality I forget very quickly in the moment.

I don't take heavy dosages, this happens at 100 ug +/- respectively, and to answer the frequency, It's been a while since I've done acid but when I used to do it, like weekly? I should also mention I got a mild form of dissociation daily you could say :) Thanks

actually the opposite. Taking too much acid makes the boring things really matter. Simple acts like heating up water to make coffee become very significant.

as someone who has taken wayyyyyyyy too much LSD, i can relate to OP in a way. there are moments I lose my cool, because I'm surrounded by total idiots who have no idea of the complexity of the situation that earth is in.

So yeah, its easy to become apathetic even tho that was against your inititial will.

Hope youre well OP

I love the way you describe it haha
Simple acts like heating up water to make coffee become very significant.
This is one of my favorite parts of psychedelics, especially once the ''heavier'' cognitive effects fade to allow for more clearer thoughts.

I wouldn't say I lose my cool, since when it happens It doesn't bother me, I just noticed a new effect and went along with it, but it still brought up questions which is why I went ahead and asked here haha, but for the second part ''I'm surrounded by total idiots'' I feel you on a deep levels :)

Hope youre well OP
<3

Lack of emotions and a lack of what I call ''loud thoughts'' it feels like my thought stream is silenced and sped up, I can subconsciously understand what is happening around me very quickly without having ''my voice in my head'' talking back to me analyzing it, kind of feels like I am looking at myself externally as well yes.

Sounds very same to what I am experiencing.

During this state my memory is heavily suppressed, even though it feels like I remember loads of stuff, in reality I forget very quickly in the moment.

I don't take heavy dosages, this happens at 100 ug +/- respectively, and to answer the frequency, It's been a while since I've done acid but when I used to do it, like weekly? I should also mention I got a mild form of dissociation daily you could say :) Thanks
BTW, you're gonna get past this. Just takes time to become comfortable with the new you. You got this