View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lsd effects on TBI

BlazedPeaches

Greenlighter
Well I'll start off with some background. On June 5th of last year I sustained a traumatic brain injury that left me in the hospital for about a month and a half, with a couple small bleeds in my brain. I recovered remarkably fast according to the medical team in my hospital.
I returned home and for a while I ingested no substances. I started off with cbd weed, and eventually moved on to normal thc levels. Slowly I started getting back into drinking and now over a year later I drink probably close to at least 5 times a month. Since the other day I've decided not to drink anymore, but that hasn't really worried me. It's the psychedelics, namely lsd. Back in October of 2016 I had an mri scan on my brain and I only had 1 small bleed left, but very small. Well I started experimenting with mushrooms and have only done them twice. Lsd I've only done twice as well, but the first time after I noticed a weird stabbing sensation in the back area of my head on the left side. It feels like I'm being gently stabbed in the brain and the sensation only lasts a few seconds. It didn't seem to bad and I brushed it off, well in may I did lsd again, only this time I took 3 tabs with unknown dosages on them. I tripped pretty hard and on the come down I had a headache in the left side of my head. Not severe just enough to where I had to sit down and rest. Since then I've been experiencing the stabbing pain, but it seems to be slightly worse. I drunk and smoked a lot of weed after that as well as done shrooms one more time, and I've decided to withhold off drugs and drink, save weed. The pain seems to be worse when I'm stressed, or angry/irritated.
I have an appointment on the 15th with my pcp for a referral to a neurologist and another mri, but before then, I'm looking for opinions on whether the lsd could have brought any bleeding back. Or any of my use for that matter.

I will also add that I've been experiencing pain in my neck as well which has led me to also think it could be some type of nerve damage or pinched nerve etc. caused from the injury which was being hit in the right side of my face by a cars sideview window going 35mph.

Last edited:
most likely the pain is actually tension or joint inflammation in your neck and head - not in your brain, nor is it an artifact of bleeding in the brain projected out onto your healthy neck and head.

all the same you want to keep your Blood Pressure steady, so be gentle with all your experiments.

Thank you so much for giving me some insight into the matter. I notice the pain in the top of my head too, when I frown or raise my eyebrows so this makes sense. I do actually have a history of high blood pressure, so I will definitely take some precaution in the future.

I know this pain you speak of, I've also suffered multiple TBIs. The best advice I can give you here is to take it slow and easy, it gets better with time but it doesn't seem like it ever goes away. At least it hasn't for me in the 15 years since it started up. That pain is triggered for me from laughing/smiling which LSD and shrooms causes in abundance. This happens if I'm sober or not, but the laughter combined with the experience can cause a lot of worry. You're going to discover that MRIs/CT scans don't tell the entire story, sadly they can only see so much and only understand so much about the brain. You may continue to have symptoms like I do with nothing showing up on the scans. It's a life long disability that no one else can see and you just have to learn to live with it.

Ah man. I could have avoided the accident too, I guess that's just the way she goes though. That's what I haven't been doing, is taking things slow. As soon as I got out, I resumed life as I lived it before. Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely be more lenient with my use from now on.