View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD dose boosting & tripping with significant others

lsdflat

Greenlighter
Please pardon my inexperience with this forum and I apologize in advance for not following the guide lines if that happens :)

This weekend my boyfriend and I are planning on tripping together for the first time. We have attempted before but for some reason when I saw how intense his experience was I completely sobered up, which was funny. He is done with his finals and I just started a good job so we are celebrating. But anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows how dose boosting works. Not in the sense of extending the experience but increasing the intensity. I have read some places where you take the 2nd blotter/ portion of the blotter before the peak but I have seen contradictions (that's the internet for you). Is the pre peak redose the way to achieve this?

I have a 10 strip of some unperforated white blotter so the amount I have access to isn't a problem.

Also, as we have never tripped before together, is there anything I should prepare for; Not the obvious stuff like sex being great, though if you'd like to give your experiences and that is included that would be great too. What I am wondering is more stuff to watch out for, like the possible negatives. We aren't fighting and we have a good relationship, I am just curious.

I hope this wasn't a ridiculous post and thanks for any of your help or your experiences!

Not a ridiculous post at all; these are great questions.

You can't boost and not extend your trip. You can boost anytime really. But if you boost an hour in say, your trip will last an hour longer, at the strength of your boost. Imagine a curve representing the drugs effects, if you boost, you're just adding that amount of the same curve on, delayed by an hour. I never boost though, so I'll leave someone else to advise you on optimal times + amounts. All I know is that frequently you hear about people thinking "it's not working" so they boost with a second dose, only to find they are tripping balls about 30 seconds later. So I guess just be a bit cautious, don't triple your dose or something.

As for tripping with SO - I've done that lots and highly recommend it, especially if you're in a good place in your relationship. Super fun, bonding times. Just watch out for the rabbit hole of psycho-analyzing your relationship, unless that really needs to happen. And whatever realizations you come up with while under the influence, make sure to re-evaluate under the light of sobriety the next day. Oh and yes, sex is awesome, but save it for the end IMHO.

Welcome to Bluelight!

Last edited:
I think you will have a great time. As stated above just dont over analyze things and if your in a good spot it will give you a great bonding experience. Just make sure you have stuff to drink and light snacks like fruit. I would pick something easy and fun like playing games, going for a walk, sitting in a park, easy fun stuff for part of it because it is long.

Lucky you I never got to trip with any of my SOs, one didnt really enjoy tripping and my current one has depression and anxiety issues but we do roll together (also lots of fun) Good luck and I'm sure both of you will have a great time.

I don't really believe in redosing, it doesn't seem to help for me. It might help in the duration but not intensity. If you want to redose to boost intensity you have to redose with a higher amount than to originally dosed because you will have a tolerance and a small amount won't do much. As for tripping with your SO, it's amazing!!! Only done it once with a girl on mushrooms and it was a very intimate bonding experience, it really helped us open up to one another and learn more about each other. As far as the sex goes, iv only had sex on shrooms but it was so amazing. Beyond words. Had no trouble cumming whatsoever and it wasn't as weird/difficult as I thought it would be, it was simply amazing.

redosing - if you have to do it, do it within the first two hours or you will likely not feel the redose. however if you went say, 2 tabs and then +1 an hour later, that will not be as intense as having eaten 3 at once, though it may still boost your high

tripping with only one other person can get very awkward very quickly, but hopefully that wouldn't happen with a boyfriend/girlfriend

Damn you people actually have sex on psychedelic hallucinogens? Sex is great but while on psychedelics the thought of sex alone just seems really strange and a little gross to me.