• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD - does anyone agree? (argument about LSD being unhealthy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmoseman

Bluelighter
LSD is not healthy and frankly, when you begin to really understand it, then you learn that it is a less interesting way to experience life, it deprives the mind, and in the long term has negative effects, like confusion and depression, that need to be disclosed at all times.

I disagree, LSD along with many other psychedelics have cured my depression and improved my overall quality on life. LSD is only as healthy as the place in life that you are in. If you've been an asshole or someone who's not doing what your supposed to do then LSD is gonna make realize it which in turn can make you feel depressed. If your successful and happy in life LSD can be a HUGE confidence builder and provide a sense of pride and achievement. It's all dependant on set & setting IME.

I've seen it turn tough guy assholes into real persons who changed there behavior.

If you've been an asshole or someone who's not doing what your supposed to do then LSD is gonna make realize it which in turn can make you feel depressed. If your successful and happy in life LSD can be a HUGE confidence builder and provide a sense of pride and achievement. It's all dependant on set & setting IME.
So it is some kind of truth serum?

I've seen it turn tough guy assholes into real persons who changed there behavior.

This. Ego death is a powerful experience, something everyone should experience at least once in their lifetime.

Not a truth serum, you already know what your lifes problems are. It just takes a fresh perspective which LSD can serve on a hearty platter to bring it out to the light. Isn't the reason people pay for therapy for a fresh perspective? Is therapy unhealthy? That's the way I view LSD. It's the psychedelic I respect the most that's fpr sure, I keep my LSD trips far apart and in high doses.

Last edited:
So it is possible to turn a person away from evil.
Can it turn a person toward evil as well?
I actually don't believe so. When do you hear of straight edge goody goods taking LSD then turning to a life of crime. I've never heard of it and if it does happen it sure is hell is alot less common than changes for the better. The roughest trips are usually the most beneficial and I can't see having a good fun trip will turn you evil so I would have to say no. Not saying trips can't turn dark, but just in the moment.

In my Jersey hood I lived on high street and was the first of my boys to get high on acid. I was 5 yrs. younger than some but was tough myself. Wrestling champ weightlifter etc. I did acid before pot and we were all greasers. Black leather jackets, wingtip shoes. When I offered it around just about all tried it. Some were scared of it, others changed. We lost a couple friends to Vietnam and when the war was apposed we joined in and I guess to a degree became hippy's, drug users for sure. But peace was a thing that spread between us as a better way to be.

LSD is not healthy and frankly, when you begin to really understand it, then you learn that it is a less interesting way to experience life, it deprives the mind, and in the long term has negative effects, like confusion and depression, that need to be disclosed at all times.

Well this is a subjective statement and I suspect you are looking for other people to validate your opinion as a way of escaping taking responsibility for your troubles. If LSD is unhealthy and bad, then it's not your fault you feel the way you do. It definitely sounds like you yourself need to avoid LSD, especially if you feel confused and depressed.

I don't think LSD is healthy or unhealthy -- it's an agent of change. When life is particularly uncertain adding a little extra chaos can be a mistake, unless you are really ready to face your demons. Personally I completely avoid the stuff unless I feel really good about myself and my life.

Well this is a subjective statement and I suspect you are looking for other people to validate your opinion as a way of escaping taking responsibility for your troubles. If LSD is unhealthy and bad, then it's not your fault you feel the way you do. It definitely sounds like you yourself need to avoid LSD, especially if you feel confused and depressed.

I don't think LSD is healthy or unhealthy -- it's an agent of change. When life is particularly uncertain adding a little extra chaos can be a mistake, unless you are really ready to face your demons. Personally I completely avoid the stuff unless I feel really good about myself and my life.
So it is an agent of change that you take when you are feeling good but not when you are feeling bad and it is not responsible for causing depression?

So it is an agent of change that you take when you are feeling good but not when you are feeling bad and it is not responsible for causing depression?

Dude it seems like your desperately trying to use our words in your favor and it's incredibly transparent. What's your history with LSD and what makes you look at it the way you do? How's your life situation? I've never seen someone who is truely happy in life become depressed after LSD... MDMA yes but not LSD.

The only reason I was ever depressed was that I couldn't maintain the high for longer than 3 days. But we are all different in what we accept as a good thing in are lives. I have had a lot of very bad trips where I wanted to go to the hospital but fortunately good friends were thinking better than I was at the time. I'm 61 and still have a sheet or two sent to me every year and that won't change until the chemist dies, or me. I look like I'm forty, no wrinkles in the face and a full head of auburn hair and since being on BL I feel like I'm getting younger every day. Thanks peeps.

I am happy to hear you became part of the peace movement. War is unimaginable.

That's the truth, at the time I had an opportunity to go to Annapolis the Navy academy on scholarship but turned it down. Rutgers was a second but my girl was going to a community which paid all the way and the courses matriculated to Rutgers so Middlesex County it was.

Set and setting. Also look up the mechanism of action of LSD.
First, where you dose and your state of mind are MOST of your trip, they determine how you feel and how that ENTIRE trip progresses.
Second, the mechanism of action is basically your brain producing a reaction to the LSD, so it really is just changing your perception.

It's not going to make you depressed unless you're a shitty person and take it and realize how shitty you are. But even then it would probably just make you want to stop being a shitty person. It's an extremely positive drug that has the potential to be the catalyst for any number of positive changes in a person's life, be they emotional or spiritual. (I credit it with saving my life, pulling me out of a deep depression, as well as allowing me to overcome my crippling anxiety after ego death)

As CaptainKratom said, it seems like you have some agenda here, so why don't you just explain the whole story if you really want assistance.

Dude it seems like your desperately trying to use our words in your favor and it's incredibly transparent. What's your history with LSD and what makes you look at it the way you do? How's your life situation? I've never seen someone who is truely happy in life become depressed after LSD... MDMA yes but not LSD.
Some things happen which have absolutely nothing to do with drugs. What you said earlier was not internally logical. I think what you believe is a benefit of LSD is as flawed as someone else who considers LSD to have caused them harm.

Some things happen which have absolutely nothing to do with drugs. What you said earlier was not internally logical. I think what you believe is a benefit of LSD is as flawed as someone else who considers LSD to have caused them harm.

That's because you haven't had a deep experience, either that or you don't like who you are and LSD just made ypu aware of this thus leading to depression. As you can see you seem to be the only one with your perspective. You can't deny my experiences as you've never had them therefor your series of swaying arguements and word manipulation are more illogical than anything. Also explain what I said that was illogical?

You're still twisting his words to avoid answering the question. And attacking his "internal logic" when it was clear what he was saying.

And yes, what some consider a benefit of LSD others consider harmful, that's why it's illegal. Look at the history of LSD and the people who were against it. Ego death inherently challenges the status quo in this country. There's a reason it leads many people to Eastern religious practices and away from Western dogmatic bullshit.
Listen to what Bill Hicks had to say about drugs, get a sense of humor, and then come back.

I hate to just be choosing sides but I´m with CaptainKratom on this one...

@pmoseman... I don´t think psychedelics can be oversimplified and judged, even if they have certain tendencies in the way they influence people as part of their effects, I think mostly psychedelics like LSD are indeed agents or catalysts for change and amplifyers. What you put in comes out tenfold, and indeed I know it to be possible to feed phobias from having traumatic trips. But that is why we apply rules of thumb like set and setting. People in the end seek (I trust in most cases by far) positive change so they want to use the best set and setting possible. Even if trips can be unpredictable and some substances can cause emotional roller coaster rides, I think that the drive in people steers psychedelic trips on the broad long term.
Also I think some effects are intrinsic, like by causing associations and connections of all kinds of intermixed feelings and thoughts there is, even if you have to go through a lot of chaos and bullshit and mind games, truth by exposure. And openness and truth ultimately tend to lead to love, peace and compassion.

The point I think you do have, if that is what you (partially) meant: tripping super frequently as a way to avoid living in reality can be unhealthy if it is very unbalanced that way. Everything in moderation, and careful with self-medication or abusing drugs by letting them play overly important roles in your life.
Psychedelics can be used for self-destruction and that is a very sad thing to consider. Also sometimes it can play a very unclear role in creating and solving deep confusion in people... maybe often these people are Searching with a capitol S.

pmoseman, All this makes me wonder what your history is, your experience, how you feel towards psychedelics, your agenda i.e. why you are here to ask about this beyond just being curious or interested. You are absolutely welcome to ask questions like this, but try to avoid being too suggestive. Instead tell us why it seems negativity casts a great shadow over you and why i compells you to create threads like this (IIRC there are others before this).
Instead of projecting, asking if for example you trust psychedelics... ask the same to yourself: do you trust yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.