Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD degradation: Sunlight and Heat

Psyquedelic

Greenlighter
Hey everyone

Yesterday a friend on mine was checking out a couple of blotters we just got. We were in a car and I was driving, and for some reason he put the blotters (without any protection) on the dashboard, until I saw what he did and told him thats not a good idea. Now, this happened for a very short time, just like 20 seconds. However, the dashboard was hot to the touch because it was really sunny. So, the blotters were exposed to heat and sunlight (I don't know if this matters, but the sunlight is pretty intense where I live, because its closer to the planets equator), and its known that sunlight and heat will degrade LSD. So, I would guess the blotters lost some potency, but to what extent, considering it was merely about 20 seconds of exposure?

What do you think people? How much potency do you think these blotters lost? Just a little or a significant amount?

Im obviously not expecting for exact answers

Have a nice year :)

People way underestimate the durability of LSD. You're not going to see noticeable potency lost from that, if there was it wouldn't be more than a couple ug at the most.

The heat/light thing has more to do with long-term storage, not 20 seconds of exposure. So unless you had it next to a camp fire with hot ashes landing on it or took it with you into a tanning booth, I'm sure it's fine.