View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD day after Tramadol ?

Killabeast

Greenlighter
Hello I am new to BL and I am not sure if I am posting in the correct area so please be lenient with me.
My friends and I are going to the beach tomorrow to drop some acid. I stupidly took 50mg of tramadol and 0.5 mg of Ativan at 4pm. The Ativan I'm not worried about but the tramadol I am. I read that these two can cause serotonin syndrome, it can be fatal at times and even if it's not it's miserable to experience it. I need your advice on whether it would be okay to take LSD 20-24 hours later my last dosage of tramadol. Would it still have a interaction? The half life of tramadol is 7 hours. I am hoping to take it around 12pm the next day. Note this is my first time doing LSD. Any help would be great. Thanks

I don't think that's long enough. If the half life is 7 hours, it would take around 35 hours to be out of your system.

I don't think any one here can answer the question you ask. 20-24 hours sound like a long time, so you might be okay - but nobody can guarantee it, so you will be taking a risk if you do it.

I know that but I'm asking about the time when its okay to take, not whether or not if it has a contradiction.

All I'm saying is that it's serious and probably not worth the risk. I feel like I've read of people having bad reactions after a day around here. I just am not sure if its worth the risk based on the seriousness of the contraindication.

The problem I have is that this will be the only time I can try LSD in a comfortable environment. Shambles said that 24 hours works for him, so I'm thinking about splitting the tab in half or even a quarter to see how I feel. Is that a good idea?

first of all, 50mg of Tramadol is a very low dose. Tramadol is contraindicated with MAO inhibitors and other monoamine releasers / reuptake inhibitors. LSD is neither. the only thing you could consider is seizure threshold, but at this dose and with that much time in between, I think that is also very unrealistic.

I wouldn't worry about it.

It would be cool if, if you decide to take the acid, you come back here and tell us how it was. Could serve as a future reference. I have seen this question being asked before

^ if you look at the involved drugs, doses, possible interactions, there isn't anything to really worry about. what's more likely to happen is that OP has an uncomfortable trip because he is focussing too much on physical side effects.

Fuck it, I'll just do the acid in moderate dosage until I feel the desired effect. I'll report what happened after. Feels like I'm a test rat

^ if you look at the involved drugs, doses, possible interactions, there isn't anything to really worry about. what's more likely to happen is that OP has an uncomfortable trip because he is focussing too much on physical side effects.

I posted and nobody else had responded yet. lol I know you know your stuff.

first of all, 50mg of Tramadol is a very low dose. Tramadol is contraindicated with MAO inhibitors and other monoamine releasers / reuptake inhibitors. LSD is neither. the only thing you could consider is seizure threshold, but at this dose and with that much time in between, I think that is also very unrealistic.

I wouldn't worry about it.

I don't think we know what is up with the tramadol+LSD combo. It's probably not SS, but it is a fact that a few people have had really bad times on the combination. Which is why it's ill adviced to do.

I do agree though, that considering the small dose and that there's 24 hours between, that he'll probably be okay, but we just can't promise him that. That would be wrong of us.

yeah I certainly wouldn't recommend combining a higher dose of Tramadol with psychedelics. but I wouldn't recommend taking psychedelics while on antidepressants either for similar reasons. but since OP took the Tramadol the day before in a very low dose the situation quite different.