View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD Crystals

somedudewithstufff

Greenlighter
So, my dog understands that there will be material loss, but that is not a worry for him. My dog is curious if he could wash a double sheet (200 tabs) in distilled water. He is then curious if he could A) let the water dry, being left with small amounts of lsd crystals, and B) If he could measure out one vial, and then put the crystal in there with distilled water, leaving him with a vial of lsd, in distilled water.

My dog does enough work that this would be a viable option, even though it would take a lot of material. He wants to keep this vial of his full as something to hand out to close friends.

To collect the crystal, He'd want to use a pyrex dish, and razor blade correct?

if you have it already dosed on blotter paper, what exactly is the advantage of this? you will only loose material in the extraction, and for dosing, you'd have to dissolve it again anyway.

ps: things like "swim" or "my dog" do nothing to protect you from a legal point of view and are also not allowed on Bluelight because it's ridiculous and makes posts harder to read.

In theory it might work, but in reality you will just ruin your blotters and loose the LSD imo, and as Bagseed, I don't get what would be the purpose of this?

Also, LSD shelf life is much better when stored dry in blotters than in liquid.

f07e9c6a6482e6e00a1bacb74b79860c.jpg

even more so, considering the "my dog" bullshit in the original post. ;)

even more so, considering the "my dog" bullshit in the original post. ;)

That's why it was so damn funny, like it was made to order...

OH, OP, if you insist on this inane course of action you will incur much less loss of product if you just use the distilled water to extract the LSD and leave it at that instead of leaching, drying and reconstituting.
I mean the LSD will come out of the paper, but seems like a waste. Now that I think of it though, back in my "stick windowpane in my eye days", we'd add water to blotter, suck it into a syringe and IV that shit, so I'm not new to stupid stuff, that is precisely how I recognized yours...

Last edited:
Using ethanol...and trying to figure out the dilution math for 50mg, get amber droppers for light, and handin vials of acid to people sounds like could end bad hahaha.

Agreed.. extracting from the paper - which by the way you should probably do with alcohol because alcohols evaporate more neatly, not to mention quicker - might get you manageable losses, but making the crystals seems pointless. I don't think the big loss would come from degradation as it doesn't really expose the LSD that much more than e.g. when laying blotter, but with amounts as small as 20 mg total... damn.
... even with a lab the amount lost from sheer handling (getting the crystal off of whatever you would evaporate on) mechanically /physically of so little substance is just very lossy because relatively the amount you have a hard time collecting perfectly is so high.

If you extract and evap with alcohol (has to be ethanol if you go straight to making liquid acid, but not necessarily if you decide to make crystals), in case of liquid I'd dilute it with distilled water in about 1:3 or 1:4 ratio to prevent further evapping during storage.

I'd either do multiple pulls on the paper to get it all out, or keep your blotters when you are done. Especially if they don't have nasty inks, cause it might take quite a few to get a trip from the pulled paper.

If you must have crystals, maybe like evap your alcohol in a big enough glass container at first - then when you're getting there switch to a smaller one (might want to wash out the bigger one with a very minimal amount of solvent), then possibly a third vial. In any case let this final vial be a colorless transparent glass vial and evap the last bit of solvent right in there - that way you can opt to take out a spec and save it in whatever displays a tiny crumby crystal safely, and redissolve the rest right in the vial to make the liquid.

The 'dish' (hourglass or flat one a la petri dish) wouldn't have to be pyrex, and neither would the vial I suggested have to be. Pyrex is for when you would need to heat, does not apply here. But anyway as was said: forget the razorblade idea.

I have crystal AL-LAD and have worked with it to make a minor batch of liquid for stability reasons, but I wouldn't dream of trying to make it like that. Novelty can be exciting sometimes, but there is a limit to what it's worth IMO, a bit silly just because of mythical status. But I have to admit, something like ergot in a tiny vial is a proud possession to me, I used to collect the shit out of curious things and psychedelics.

^^^ That's a good boy
14.gif

Last edited:
If you must have crystals
He doesn't, he just assumed that he would able to better calculate amounts that way. What would be the best way to go from the large amount of solvent to a single vial? Just letting it evap until it's down to the amount he needs?

Novelty can be exciting sometimes, but there is a limit to what it's worth.
That is exactly why he's limiting it to "small" amounts.

Also thank you for giving me a serious answer about this extraction.

Please read the rules, the 'dog' / SWIM stuff is not allowed and is in fact pointless because it offers no protection.

Your wish also still doesn't make sense since blotter hits are perfectly fine to 'hand out to close friends'.

Reducing solvent yeah just let it evaporate, the everclear being the solvent. You really don't want solution to sit on the wall of your container because what evaporates that way will precipitate the LSD that has nowhere to go. But the solution that evaporates more normally and does not stick to the walls (water is sticky that way), will just keep the LSD in solution. Anything that does precipitate, you'd want to wash with solvent but it's such small amounts that you cannot see it.

But yes keep going until your volume is very small, switch to the vial when you can, if that evaps as well you could rinse rest bits out of the bigger container since space freed up in the small one... then when you have a small volume in the small vial, fill it up again with demi water to a level you marked (I guess with a piece of tape since marker can be washed off by spilled alcohol) as being a certain exactly measured volume. The volume that corresponds to the number of hits somehow. Fill up with water when the level of alcohol solution is a quarter of the marked level. That way if you fill the other three quarters with water you have 25% alcohol as preservative.

Regular liquid acid comes in dropper bottles and is calculated to be something like a hit per drop. I forgot if a drop is like 20 µl or not, but you can calculate how much alcohol solution you need exactly. It does mean you need to buy a dropper bottle that is nicely transparent and unscrewable, then double check how many drops fit in a ml.

Needless to say, wear protection and treat everything involved like it's absolutely covered in acid, cause it is.

Small amounts :'O

Also thank you for giving me a serious answer about this extraction.
So how was the advice the rest of us gave you not serious? Just keeping it as blotters is probably some of the best advice someone gave you in a long time. But you just don't like the answer, so you won't listen.

I stilll don't get why you want to ruin your blotters and waste your LSD? Also, chances are that the blotters contain much less LSD than you think, since LSD content in blotters is mostly exaggerated, the less LSD is actually in there, the more difficult it will be to work with, which will result in even more loss.

Anyway, it's your loss, but don't piss on the advice people spend time to give you, just because you don't like the reply.

assuming that your tabs are 100µg each, 200 of them would amount to 20mg of LSD.... you would need an extremely accurate scale to weigh such an amount correctly, because with a 20 dollar mg scale from amazon, you'd still don't know exactly how much a drop of your solution contains, because of the error of the scale, which might not be much, but when it comes to something as potent as LSD becomes significant.

the point I'm trying to make: this would only help you getting an exact dose if you spent a couple hundred buck on a proper lab balance, which is able to weigh out such amounts with very small error.

(somebody correct me if I fucked up my calculation... haven't slept well ;) )

Last edited:
assuming that your tabs are 100µg each, 200 of them would amount to 20mg of LSD....

(somebody correct me if I fucked up my calculation... haven't slept well ;) )

Well, you didn't take into account that the amount is probably exaggerated by the vendor by say 25% and then that leaves you with 15mg and then the shit that sloughs off the blotter paper would add probably as much as the original amount of LSD, so...hmmm, let's see...2+2 carry the 4 and divide by 10^4= (a F'n mess)...

...yep, spot on Bag