• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD compared to weed

They are not even worth comparing. Weed relaxes me, sometimes makes me anxious and paranoid, enhances my HPPD, or visuals if I'm tripping, gives me dry mouth and enhances music and taste somewhat. That's about it for me. LSD sharpens my senses and makes the world far more vibrant, at low doses it seems to make me more intellectually on the ball, more social, more enthusiastic about just about anything. At higher doses it blasts the ceiling off the roof.

in terms of psychs i think shrooms are closer to weed than acid is, not that shrooms and weed are that close at all.

^ I can see where you're coming from, specially species which contain mainly psilocin and it's phosphate ester as their actives. The presence of baeocystin turns things up a notch though. If I had to name a psych that reminded me of shrooms, I guess it would be wood rose seeds, but only barely then.

Actuzlly, I was thinking about this alot. A low dose LSD experience can feel like being stoned. Music sounds very good and you can easily get lost in thoughts, giggles etc. but its really more insightful and thoughtful and really changes you for the better afterwards. Its like a massive reflection on yourself.

Feels good man.

As an addendum: High dose LSD (or other psychedelic) experiences can become completely divorced from "reality" - an occurrence that I have never experienced from cannabis personally. That being said, there are those who report similar "out of body" experiences on cannabis alone.

IMO pot can only be compared to shrooms, in terms of feeling. Shrooms tend to make you feel really stoned and unco. LSD makes me high without incapacitation.

Still, they are all incomparable

For me my first trip was nothing like weed. When I smoke I feel a little slower then normal and don't process things as quickly. When I laugh I don't feel like I laugh as hard. When I dropped acid I was clear headed on the come up and felt like laughing was incredible. I felt like I hadn't laughed like that in years <3.

-djstrip

*bump*

Google happened to show me this... I was going to post a thread..

For me they are actually both very similar in terms of how they affect my consciousness...I mean LSD is def for sure a much more full on more powerful drug when taking most common doses compared with weed.

That being said I really do feel as if both allow me to look at my thoughts as an almost 'bystander' as if they're not mine per say...this resulting in being able to analyse my thought patterns...this is the main similarity for me. :)

I don't think it's a bad comparison honestly, at least when trying to give the uninitiated a glimpse into the psychedelic experience. To me, cannabis lays bare the consciousness and makes one's psyche more vulnerable than any drug outside of serotonergic psychs.

If your considering psychedelics, whether LSD, mushrooms, or DMT, the main thing imo is that you truly desire and anticipate the experience. After that, a clear head, sound body, and a positive environment will go a long ways.

It's a good question really. Weed can be incredibly psychedelic, but it just isn't the same. I've had such trippy weed experiences but psychedelics are just so much more different and powerful. I can't explain why, though.

I am a frequent pot-smoker, but haven't taken any psychedelics before. I am wondering how LSD compares to weed. I have heard from some people that the two highs are totally different, however a friend of mine once told me that when you start coming up on acid, it's kind of like getting high on weed but you just keep getting higher and higher and higher. I know that people's trips are subjective, and every person's is different, but surely there must be some similarities. So, are there any similarities between a weed high and tripping from LSD? If so, which ways, positively and negatively? (laughing/music sounds better/derealization/strange thoughts/etc?)

They are nothing alike. Pot just dilates your blood vessels. LSD and all Psychedelics open your seventh chakra and allow you to experience things outside the perceptions of your ego...

The only comparison is that each seems to expand consciousness. LSD just expands it to inexplicable dimensions with pristine clarity and weed is a very foggy jumbled type of high.

Weed adjusts your sensory perceptions whereas LSD renews them.

Another way to look at it is that Weed has the capacity to open 5 chakras and LSD opens them all.

Imo, subjectively they're nothing alike. This coming from a retired acid head that could roll up a tight blunt in minutes.

But they do go together well. I'm surprised it isn't very well received here, because I thought it was the norm? Or maybe people don't like smoke? Idk. There are edibles too though...

I don't believe weed is a gateway drug at all, but I am surprised at how many do hard substances and avoid weed...truly an eye opener for me.

Anyway, who cares. But ime weed is relaxing, buzzy, pain relieving, and gives me a cloudy peripheral vision. Acid makes everything looks like it's frying/boiling, change shapes/colors, twisty mindspace and audial hallucinations especially from the aspect of pitch and distance. Plus it would go from euphoric to dysphoric, and then pretty neutral plenty of times. I would barely get emotional aka catatonic, but on weed I can be (mostly laughing). They're opposites in a lot of ways, but that's ime so...here's my grain of salt. :)

Imo, subjectively they're nothing alike. This coming from a retired acid head that could roll up a tight blunt in minutes.

But they do go together well. I'm surprised it isn't very well received here, because I thought it was the norm? Or maybe people don't like smoke? Idk. There are edibles too though...

I don't believe weed is a gateway drug at all, but I am surprised at how many do hard substances and avoid weed...truly an eye opener for me.

Anyway, who cares. But ime weed is relaxing, buzzy, pain relieving, and gives me a cloudy peripheral vision. Acid makes everything looks like it's frying/boiling, change shapes/colors, twisty mindspace and audial hallucinations especially from the aspect of pitch and distance. Plus it would go from euphoric to dysphoric, and then pretty neutral plenty of times. I would barely get emotional aka catatonic, but on weed I can be (mostly laughing). They're opposites in a lot of ways, but that's ime so...here's my grain of salt. :)

Thanks for your grain of salt :) so the visuals etc aside you dont think theres any similarities between mindset/ being able to think about your thoughts?

RE your weed.hard drugs comment....I could be completely wrong but here in UK I am aware of more and more stoners, myself included who feel the weed theses days without the CBD properties and maximised THC its just all too much of a headfuck to be smoking day in day out...who knows? Its a real shame! hurry up and legalise the stuff and we can get on with developing so much!

Thanks for your grain of salt :) so the visuals etc aside you dont think theres any similarities between mindset/ being able to think about your thoughts?

RE your weed.hard drugs comment....I could be completely wrong but here in UK I am aware of more and more stoners, myself included who feel the weed theses days without the CBD properties and maximised THC its just all too much of a headfuck to be smoking day in day out...who knows? Its a real shame! hurry up and legalise the stuff and we can get on with developing so much!

Hmm, maybe similar in a way that all substances are; they put you in an altered state. But of course, it's just my grain of salt. There's nothing to suggest that others might believe that they are similar in effects, since our individual body chemistry and perception can vary widely.

Ya, here in Cali there are stoners abound as well. I guess that's why I thought it was the norm; it certainly seems to be here. I haven't met any substance user IRL that didn't also smoke herb, or be open to it. It's probably just dependent on the location and culture.

I'm glad that there's a high chance mj will be legalized here next year! Hopefully it spreads worldwide because there's no denying that it has medicinal properties, and increased profits/jobs for the economy. I think it is as benign as anything can be, especially in moderation. :)

IME, Cannabis tends to cloud the mind, whereas LSD (in a lower dose, which I recommend for new users) tends to clarify it.

The first time I consumed LSD I took a fairly low dose - probably about 75 micrograms in retrospect. This dosage was just enough to give me a feel for the substance without being overwhelmed by it's effects. Visuals were there but not distracting by any means, and I remember feeling "more sober than sober". I felt as if my mind could extend further into the realm of the abstract and conceptual - no thought was beyond reach. Humor and aesthetics were enhanced, emotions flowed naturally and effortlessly, and talking about philosophy and art was particularly satisfying.

Insight came consistently, and after the trip was over, I felt inspired and uplifted for weeks. I made some positive life changes afterwards, too.

For my first time, I don't think I would have been comfortable consuming any more. I never felt overly stimulated, had basically no side effects, and could retain near-complete memory of the experience (which happens less frequently as the dose increases, IME). Perfect for my first time, and I highly recommend it.

Cannabis can make me paranoid, but LSD makes me feel confident. Cannabis makes it more difficult to follow a train of thought, but LSD greatly enhances my analytic capacity. Cannabis "smears" my senses (albeit in a pleasant way), but LSD makes them much more detailed and acute. Cannabis makes me tired, but LSD makes me feel like I'm finally waking up from the sleep of a life on autopilot. Cannabis makes me forget, but LSD makes me remember things I hadn't thought about for years.

Totally different experiences, yes, but with the right dose, I don't think LSD is necessarily more "intense" than cannabis can be. Cannabis has incapacitated me a number of times, brought on intense panic attacks, and even an episode of psychosis. My first experience on LSD was how I wanted cannabis to be all along.

TL;DR - I don't think a low dose of LSD would overwhelm someone very familiar with the effects of cannabis.

But of course, this is just in my experience, and YMMV.

As an addendum: High dose LSD (or other psychedelic) experiences can become completely divorced from "reality" - an occurrence that I have never experienced from cannabis personally. That being said, there are those who report similar "out of body" experiences on cannabis alone.

Yeah back when I was doing too much psychedelics too often I'd get a hole like experience and some HEAVY CEVs when smoking weed before sleep

Yeah I think you are right you know. I had done some thinking myself and come to a similar conclusion.

I think if there is legalisation here in UK it would be a place called Brighton to go first! We are actually in the midst of trying to make smoking in general illegal in public places. mixed emotions! seems like most of us as some sort of at least medicinal use allowed, right?

Hmmmm I could kinda see where your friend is coming from. A low dose of LSD can make everything seem hilarious like marijuana. Also, music is enhanced. IMO a low LSD dosage is MUCH less scary than being stoned. Even though you still feel high, you feel more alert and grounded.