View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD caused me to feel Alien

Dumbledore12

Greenlighter
Hi Everyone, This is my first post here - I have taken a hit of LSD (150ug) twice now. The first time was in the day - I had a good experience - I showered and sensed there was someone with me. Then it dawned on me that I was looking at my higher self. It was strange as it was as if at that moment we were syncing information and I knew that this me was the wise me that knew everything. I was also able to feel my higher self looking at me with a kind of amusement that you would look at a small child with. I was also able to feel information from a "goddess" being pounded into my brain. I felt like everyone makes such a fuss over sex and gender when it is in fact so low down on the ladder that it is insignificant. There was also an underlying feeling that I was some kind of reptilian or insect alien that felt superior to human beings but this was just a minor part of the trip. On the come down I was able to walk to the beach and felt like we are all one and everyone was taking their parts very seriously in this act - "All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players" - Shakespeare. This happened more than a year ago. I am in my forties with a family so don't get a chance too often to do in the day. So I let my wife know that I was going to do it in the night. She is not really into it but accepted that I was going to do it and she went to bed. I took the same dose again but this time the main focus of the trip was feeling that I am a Reptilian or Insect alien superior to human beings but had no feelings or emotions towards them. I felt mechanical and was quite depressed at being this kind of creature - kind of the opposite feeling to I love everyone and we are all one that dominated the previous trip. I would be interested if anyone has had these type of feelings or can interpret them for me as feeling quite confused at the moment. I have searched lots of forums but most often it seems one encounters an alien or reptile of some sort but doesn't feel that you are that entity as I did.

I've had trips on amanitas, acid, mushrooms, DMT, 2C-P, 4-Aco-DMT and 4-HO-MET (I think it can happen with anything) when I felt that I have a memory of being a reptilian and being cold, irrational, instinctive killing machine, or felt like a huge strong monkey, the other time I saw myself as being a huge green praying mantis. It keeps happening... The only kind of explanation I have is that since we are all life species constantly going through the process of evolution and information sharing, it's possible to "remember" how to be someone or something else.

I've had trips on amanitas, acid, mushrooms, DMT, 2C-P, 4-Aco-DMT and 4-HO-MET (I think it can happen with anything) when I felt that I have a memory of being a reptilian and being cold, irrational, instinctive killing machine, or felt like a huge strong monkey, the other time I saw myself as being a huge green praying mantis. It keeps happening... The only kind of explanation I have is that since we are all life species constantly going through the process of evolution and information sharing, it's possible to "remember" how to be someone or something else.
Thanks for your reply Yes - that definitely sounds similar - cold , unemotional , reptilian - only thing is it was not a memory - it was as if I actually was that thing and the human part of me is just a facade. Also feel vastly superior as if the human condition is some mechanical game that doesn't matter at all.

One of the most fascinating aspects of psychedelics versus other classes of drugs is that the experience is directionless. Every trip is different. Psychedelics aren't love/enlightenment in a pill. You get out of them what you put in. And since what you put in is different for everyone, at any given moment in their life, the outcome is quite unpredictable. Having said that, you can have some influence over the direction of a trip by taking care of set & setting. Psychedelics are special, treat them with respect and they can be valuable tools. You can always learn something from a trip if you are willing to do so.

All perfectly normal. As mentioned above, carefully consider your set and setting if you want to control the direction of a trip. It seems you've found that tripping during the day and tripping at night are different experiences for you.

I know both places you have been...themes like these are common. Sift the wheat from the chaff.

It's natural that when you experience from another perspective that tells you so much more or so much less existentially, that it should make you feel a lot unlike our regular selves. They are just perspectives, some may look enticingly meditative but are effectively primitive while others are brilliantly insightful. Like metaphysics, it's no use normalizing any of the available theories but better to adopt one that feels enriching at that time.