• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD blotter art appreciation thread.

Thats definitely the best thing I expect to hear today.

This was the first LSD I ever took.

tumblr_n05xhpqmKB1trzufxo2_540.jpg

is that Hoffman on the postage stamp size sheet.

Always reagent test blotters, especially abnormally large blotters. Fortunately those were normal sized and contained LSD while they were available on the Dark Net Market sites.

cGiX5a8.jpg

The artwork is titled "St. Albert and the LSD Revelation Revolution" by Alex Grey (2006, oil on wood panel, 24 x 36 in. ). The larger resolution version is available here.

trippinmeowt said:
2z5Kyr6.jpg

If you look closely you can see that Grey has incorporated 40 icons of the LSD Revelation Revolution around Albert Hoffman. Can you name them all?

The thing that Hoffman is holding is the LSD molecule. Hoffman was a Swiss scientist known best for being the first person to synthesize, ingest, and learn of the psychedelic effects of lysergic acid diethylamide. He first synthesized it on November 16, 1938 because he was trying to develop an analeptic. On April 16, 1943 he reexamined it and absorbed some through his fingertips, giving him a high. He described his experience as being:

"... affected by a remarkable restlessness, combined with a slight dizziness. At home I lay down and sank into a not unpleasant intoxicated[-]like condition, characterized by an extremely stimulated imagination. In a dreamlike state, with eyes closed (I found the daylight to be unpleasantly glaring), I perceived an uninterrupted stream of fantastic pictures, extraordinary shapes with intense, kaleidoscopic play of colors."

Three days after, on April 19, 1943, Hofmann intentionally ingested 250 micrograms of LSD. This day is now known as "Bicycle Day," because after starting to feel the effects of the drug he rode home on a bike, and that became the first intentional acid trip.

... and this is the key.

Hg1F4uQ.jpg

more art from Alex Grey (link 1) and (link 2)

Last edited:
Nice seeing Robert Crumb on there.
His designs have appeared on a few blotter designs over the years, it seems.
Anyone come across tabs with R.Crumb characters on them?

well, pretty sure this mcCloud is also the Bike Ride designer..

That was an excellent read, thank you for posting.

Also thanks for posting that breakdown of all the characters on Grey's Hoffman print.

John Lennon blotter
lennon3.jpg

John Lennon was and amazing artist. I really admire his song imagine. Listen here.

[video=youtube_share;RwUGSYDKUxU]http://youtu.be/RwUGSYDKUxU[/video]

majority of the acid tabs i've acquired and tested positive were blank. just white.
I did a lot of acid in the late 70s and throughout the 80s. The best was always just blank/white, although I recall some golden dolphin that was amazing. Also did some Felix the Cat that was quite impressive.

Nice seeing Robert Crumb on there.
His designs have appeared on a few blotter designs over the years, it seems.
Anyone come across tabs with R.Crumb characters on them?
I love R. Crumb's artwork but I lost a lot of respect for him when I learned that he sued some folks busted with acid for copyright violation. Don't remember the outcome of that, but he is quoted as saying "I hate hippies."
Oh well. Ya gotta separate the artist from the art. I adore Bob Dylan's songs and poetry but as a person he's a douchebag.

I did a lot of acid in the late 70s and throughout the 80s. The best was always just blank/white, although I recall some golden dolphin that was amazing. Also did some Felix the Cat that was quite impressive.
Those dolphins were done by McCloud back in '82 when they used to be distributed in envelopes. There are quite a few older pieces by Crumb some he signed as well
mccloud.jpg

I assure you that his signature was not approved by him.
See my post above.
Interesting, I never heard of that lawsuit. There is so much blotter out there that used copyrighted material it is ridiculous. There is still Keep on Trucking' blotter you can buy as of right now so people are definitely still using his material. I have seen Mr. Natural floating around in the wild in the past. Alex Grey is another guy who has had a lot of his stuff bootlegged for blotter although he also produces his own approved blotter from Chapel of Sacred Mirrors. His first approved piece is from back in '02.

Last edited:
well, pretty sure this mcCloud is also the Bike Ride designer..
McCloud didn't do the Bike Ride. It was an anonymous artist from Amsterdam in 1993. McCloud didn't do the Mad Hatter's either; he printed them but the artwork was does by the artist "The Pizz".
This is another design from Mark McLoud. I really appreciate the details such as the hook gently holding the banjo playing fish. Jerry was a banjo teacher who was a virtuoso after all.

o-UD-900.jpg
also 100% not mccloud. This piece is called "Pharewell" and was done by James Clements. Released in 3 different sizes and 2 different shapes.