• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides LSD Binges & Alcohol (and using LSD tolerance as a trip-enahncer)

outoftheloop

Greenlighter
I decided to make this thread, because through my years of using LSD I've found a particular set of factors which seems to produce it's own experience & thought I'd share it here, to see if anyone else has stumbled upon this weird effect.

By far my favourite way to do LSD is in a multi-day binge with a lot of hard liquor in the mix.

While the orthodox wisdom is that tolerance dampens LSD, I find that tolerance seems to first develop to one set of LSD's effects, rather than it being absolute. What I mean is that, in my experience, if I do acid for a few days in a row, the first thing that I notice is tolerance to the effects that I do not like so much. If I do 100 mcg and at the tail end of the trip do 100 mcg more, the second 100 mcg dose hits with about the same power in terms of sensory enhancement effects (if not a bit stronger), while what tends to diminish are the mental/confusion/body load aspects. Often I'll be three days into a binge - I'll have upped my dose to about 300 mcg & I'll still have a lot of the visual effects of 300 mcg, but none of the headfuck, meaning that I can be extremely social while still having crazy visuals and crazy sensory effects.

In those binges, I also love adding hard liquor into the mix. 100 mcg and some drinks and then towards the tail end, another 100 mcg, which is when I start drinking a bottle of whiskey. What happens next is that I turn into the wittiest, sharpest version of myself imaginable. The LSD stops the alcohol from confusing me, so I can drink rather extreme amounts, while the alcohol stops the LSD from confusing me. So I end up getting the best of both drugs, while each seems to diminish the unwanted effects of the other. Whenever I hit the combination just right it's unbound laughter, a euphoria that seems way more real than any stimulant euphoria as it seems to emanate in waves out of my heart, without any of the burned out feeling of stim euphoria.

In such a state, if people offer me a line of anything, I never end up taking it, because I just know that it will knock me out of the perfect high and the few times I've made that mistake, it did ruin the balance, removed the natural-feeling high and made it feel dirtier.

Anyone else experienced with this combo or share those particular views on LSD, tolerance & Alcohol?

I know that it is not purely idiosyncratic, because all the friends that I have introduced to this combination have reported feeling the same effects, but it is an approach to LSD that I have not seen widely reported.

Some might argue, that it ruins the point of acid, but I don't really think it does that either. In such states, I'll have the most profound ideas, my mind feeling like a cosmos of good shit, but still be able to communicate and articulate them, rather than being too tongue-tied to be able to articulate any of the crazy shit going on in my mind.

I have noticed the synergy of getting wasted like that. sometimes took the line but not that much. my quantities were lower but the mix can work.

I'm all for combining psychedelics with booze, but can't say i've noted a particular synergy. It's just that i sometimes like to do both at the same time.

Psychedelics intensify experiences, including the dirty and dangerous feelings of alcohol and smoking. Usually it's not enough to bother me, so that i'm instead fascinated and amused by life's many complexities, dynamics and contradictions. However, i would hesitate to call it a great synergy for this reason. Also for this reason, throwing some stimulant in the mix would not cause any additional sense of dirtyness since the alcohol is already in the same ballpark imo.

I find booze kind of dulls the whole acid trip. Last time I took shrooms when drunk it was a total fucking blackout, like hours I lost. I didn't see the point, I was fucked but i really didn't get anything good out of it. I do like smoking DMT when drunk because its less scary.

alcohol does not need to be consumed in mass quantities, nothing does.

funny-pictures-I-promise-to-quit-tomorrow-cigarette.jpg

was so nice and innocent in the beginning having 1 beer before my first trip. Became hella talkative on it. Then I tried it without. Then I remember the 9th time I drank a lot and had a bad trip. Also took a lot of acid and weed. And multiple other factors. Just remember drinking like a fish during the comedown trying to get my sense of self to come back. Eventually I yelled at the kids to get out of my fucking house after 8 hours of them messing with me. They weren’t invited by me but my stab you in the back trip sitter. This was 12 years ago almost. Caused me a lot of problems. I do remember drinking rum but not feeling it. Maybe it was only 60-70 proof. I think the experience is best without booze but that’s just me. Former alcoholic. Now I don’t drink. Weed is better for the hallucinations although alcohol eases the anxiety. I feel now anxiety and learning to deal with it is part of the experience. I don’t do much lsd anymore but I regret my past abuse of alcohol. One time tripped so hard but drank so much booze during the come up. Man it was bliss but I hardly remember the experience I would say. I do remember bits and pieces and this is going back 9 years almost. You know how it comes in waves. Well the least intense part was during on the run from dark side of the moon. Was the perfect little transition to the hard tripping that came back once the next song transitioned. It was beautiful I still remember this.