• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD and sleeping

I've never really had that problem myself. Or if I did I didn't have much trouble staying up for an extra day.

I'd say diphenhydramine(benadryl) or dimenhydrinate (gravol) would work good for you. 100mg should be efficient if you really need to be kicked to sleep but 50 is ussualy enough.

I've never used downers to sleep after a trip, just feel like I'd end up with a heavy head the next day.
That said I can think of at least two occasions that I dropped too late in the day and found myself wishing I could sleep.
As perpetualdawn has said I too am a lifelong insomniac (periodically) and the worst thing about it is stressing out about not being able to get to sleep - just get up and do something relaxing.

So all in all - take your trip early enough to sleep by the time you want to, and start 'winding down' and giving yourself bedtime cues a couple of hours in advance.

Personally pretty much any psychedelic (regardless of 'trip duration') means I'm not sleeping for at least 12 hours after ingestion. Strangely my girlfriend in the days when I was regularly using psychedelics could fall asleep pretty much at any point on any substance barring the rush of a stimulant, and equally she could stay up days at a time if she felt like it. My sleep is much more precarious and I'd be the one sat up waiting for the acid to depart, and also other times chipping off from the party to get some sleep while others were still on one.

i like to have landing gear for an LSD trip. benzos, alcohol, ketamine, sleeping pills, or at least some pot.

i have a very strange relationship with sleep and psychedelics. i have passed the fuck out for hours during the peak of intense acid trips. sometimes i can sleep like a baby while i am still tripping pretty hard. sometimes no matter how many downers i consume i just cant fall asleep. its very weird, but benzos typically work the best. i dont have benzos often so usually resort to sleeping pills if i have them but you have to take them hours in advance in order for them to work on time.

these days i just try to physically exhaust myself when im tripping so that i fall asleep more easily.

well at first I was thinking valium, but then i read up a bit more and 'etizolam' came up. Anyone had any experience, apparently its more specific to sleeping problems

using the search engine will yeld tons of info on etiz
valium isn't optimal IMHO because xanax (which isn't an antipsychotic btw but a benzodiazepine, same class as diazepam) kicks in much faster and is more suitable for your purpose.