View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD and sleeping

Acid Miller

Greenlighter
I'm sure this is one that just about everyone who's taken acid ever can understand.
It starts with you having a great time on acid
:D Then it gets good
:) Then it gets alright, but its 4 in the morning and you've been tripping for 10 hours, and you can feel your body weighing down on you. You'd far rather be asleep than continuing with the trip.
:\ Suddenly you find yourself in a nasty spiral. You can't sleep because you're still on acid, but the acid won't wear off until you sleep. Theres no way out!

This is usually the point at which I start going all hypochondriac, diagnosing myself with reasons why I can't get rid of this acid, telling myself I've got mental illnesses and kidney failure and such. Anyway, that bit is just me.
:| The question is, how do I sleep? Is there a certain chemical I have to load ontop of my trip like sleeping pills? If so which ones?
n.b. I don't smoke weed and I don't want to take anti-psychotics like xanax

Would something like alcohol be good?

Last edited:
uh, just take the xanax imo

taking it just for this won't produce any problems

uh, just take the xanax imo

taking it just for this won't produce any problems

If i was to take it (I'm still looking into any other ways) what kind of dose is good

Also has anyone had any experience Rozerem, it looks the best I can find so far

Do you have any tolerance to benzos?

If not 0.5-1mg should be ok.

This topic fits my query too, so I rather continue here than post my own thread.

With mild LSD trip (approx 100ug) I can go to sleep at about 7-8 hours after I've taken the LSD. I do feel the LSD effects in a way that the sleep is not that good quality as without LSD, but I fall asleep never the less.
Mild trip=Good feelings, but few is any visuals at all. Perhaps some alteration with color of light, but that's about it.

Now, I have this urge to push my limits and go for deeper trip, something in the range of 500+ ug.
If the mild trip is about 8 hours, how about this one? 12 hours or more?

Lol weed synergizes at least for me for most psychedelics so it does the opposite of what it usually does. Hell, most of the time it brings back some level of visualness and I feel like I'm tripping all over again. Stick to a benzo/etizolam

Lol weed synergizes at least for me for most psychedelics so it does the opposite of what it usually does. Hell, most of the time it brings back some level of visualness and I feel like I'm tripping all over again.

This. Unless I am almost all the way back on earth and I smoke a blunt or something similarly potent, bud will only make me trip harder. Its awesome :D

One time my ex-gf fell asleep right after taking 4 hits of acid, I can only imagine her dreams! And another time me and her were tripping and we took a few zoplicones to go to be, I got knocked out but she didn't fall asleep and became delirious. I'm not sure of what happened to her while I was asleep but when I woke up she had snorted 8 30mg adderall and was covered in blood as was the bathroom and kitchen. The story she told me horrified me and I think that was when we stopped doing acid. I mean we had a lot of fun every time but that scared the hell outta us.

I usually just stay up and enjoy it. Eventually it does wear off to the point where you can sleep. A drink of booze at the end does help unwind I find, although if you take a drink too early you're just a bit tipsy and still on high alert. Eating some food helps bring you down to earth too.

I've struggled with insomnia my whole life and learned that it's not worth fussing about it if you can't sleep (on drugs or otherwise). Best just to do something productive and wait till sleep comes. You'll be fine the next day, even if you didn't sleep at all.

I'm not sure of what happened to her while I was asleep but when I woke up she had snorted 8 30mg adderall and was covered in blood as was the bathroom and kitchen. The story she told me horrified me and I think that was when we stopped doing acid. I mean we had a lot of fun every time but that scared the hell outta us.

um, STORY????

um, STORY????

Okay here it goes…...

First off we were both experienced with acid, the first time she did it with me we both did 13 hits (that was her first time doing a psychedelic, and it was powerful stuff we did as well) and I had lots of past experience with many of the 2cx's (go read my 100mg 2ce experience I wrote up a few days ago if you're bored), mushrooms, pcp, lsd and dmt/dmt derivatives; as well as many numerous other psychedelics. We had a great time and for the next few months started doing a lot of acid; more than a few times a week at least.

So this is basically it…….

The day started off with me and her each doing 4 "normal" strength LSD, nothing to mind bending but enough to get nice visuals (mind you neither of us get mental effects from LSD, even at high doses). So we decided to watch a few hours of documentaries of shark attacks and some other nature shows. Then just chill and enjoy the evening. Very normal, almost boring trip. So at the 8 hour mark we decided to turn in, we were getting sleepy and we ran out of things to do. Now since I went to sleep after this point and have no memory of it this is what she told me happened….

After we each took 15mg of zoplicone and 4mg of clonzepam I fell asleep, instead of falling asleep the zoplicone instead made her delirious. So in her stupor she found my adderall script and took 8 30mg tablets and crushed them up and snorted them all. Eventually she found herself naked and in the bathtub which was half full of water. She told me she saw a black person who ordered her to cut her legs up with a razor or else something bad would happen to her. So she took a razor blade and started slicing into her legs for god knows how long. Then she told me the black guy vanished and she started screaming bloody murder and just lost it. She tried to wake me up but alas I was dead asleep and couldn't be aroused. Eventually she got a towel to stop the bleeding of her legs and tried to clean up the mess. Finally she passed out on the bed and when I woke up and saw the aftermath of what had happened (the floor was covered in blood, there were bloody towels everywhere (one which we kept and hung up on the wall as a reminder of what drugs can do), the floor had trails of blood and water this way and that way and the bathtub was half full of bloody water), I woke her up and asked her. She pretty much told me what I've written and we haven't done acid since even tho were broken up we both stay away from psychedelics (she's totally clean now).

Sorry for the not so greatly written story, I have a bad headache and am tired lol.

When I can't sleep from psychedelics I just tell myself that it's taking a while to come down, and watch some cool episodes or something until I can sleep. No need to work yourself up into thinking something is wrong with you, it's totally normal to not be able to sleep for a quite a while after LSD. :)

4 in the morning and you've been tripping for 10 hours

If you don't plan on staying up all night, don't take LSD at 5-6:00 PM. :\ Dosing earlier in the day would be your best bet IMHO.

LSD lasts a a long time and the after effects/insomnia can last just as long as the trip so if you don't have any sleeping aids and don't like the insomnia either don't do LSD or dose it in the morning.

Actually benzos (xanax, kpins, valium) are anxiety medicines with sedating effects not anti psychotics.
You can take benadryl, doxylamine, any other over the counter sleep aid or if you can get prescription sleep aids they work well

Honestly I prefer to eat 1-2 mgs xanax when coming down on anythinf and it really helps you fall asleep.
I hope this helps.

Opiophile72p

I completely agree, when I smoke while tripping it makes me trip harder.

Oh god I've made the mistake of thinking weed would make me sleepy after tripping and oh boy was I wrong, it caused me to trip harder and the visuals to change in nature. Very annoying cause I think I ended up staying up longer than I would have if I just took some damn nyquil,

BTW if you don't have access to benzo's or another strong sleep med, Nyquil is really good for knocking you out. Taking 2 full doses can really do the trick (either 30ml or 60ml).

Nyquil might be ok on an LSD comedown, but I'd be very careful about combining it with any other drugs as it contains DXM.

had a little look into things, reckon valium is the one. If i was to take valium at about the 10/12 hour mark of an acid trip, how much would i need to sleep?