View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD and psilocybin cross-tolerance

sonictitan

Greenlighter
So my friends and I are planning to take a camping trip in a couple of weeks and I have 8 tabs of some lovely LSD that I've tried quite a few times before and I have 5 grams of mushrooms. We were planning to arrive before midday on the Friday and leave on the evening of the Monday. I wanted to take the LSD at around midnight on Friday (technically Saturday morning) so that I can experience the night sky. I can't think of anything better than lying down and tripping under a vivid night sky that has no light pollution while listening to some good psychedelic music.
Anyway, if I took the mushrooms on Monday morning how strong would my tolerance be? e.g. if I would've taken 2g with no tolerance, should I take an extra 0.5-1.0g or would it not even be worth it?
Alternatively, is it known whether the cross-tolerance effects are equal both ways around? For example, if instead I chose to take the mushrooms on Friday morning and then the acid at midnight on Sunday (aka Monday morning) would that average out better than the first way I described? I don't mind if you guys think I have to take a bit of a higher dose than normal as I think it will be worth it for a special weekend in a beautiful setting, but I probably won't do both if it turns out I have to double my dose or something the second time.

In my experience, yes there is a rapid onset of tolerance but it just as rapidly goes away. My trip might be diminished if I dose too soon, but it's definitely still a trip. Maybe a quarter of a gram more would help against tolerance, but to be honest it doesn't matter too much. If you'll take the dose you always take I'm sure you will have a good time.