• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD (and other serotonergic psychedelics) dosage interval?

Ash_

Greenlighter
I've read on several pages that 3 days recuperation is all your brain needs to get good effect from lsd again,
well that is not my case at least, I've verified a couple of times and I get only minor effects even though I've taken 3 times the dose...
Taking _any_ serotonin releasing agents totally mess up my trips and I've just fallen in love with lsd.

What are your experiences, and is there something I can do to faster recover my serotonin receptors, like taking 5-HTP or something like that?

Cheers

LSD needs 2 weeks.

Shrooms are closer to 3-4 days but really you should wait a week or so.

The 3 day rule is like a bare fucking minimum type deal and likely will still result in a diminished experience.

To be honest at least a full month in between is ideal because of the need for integration/reflection in addition to physical downtime.

If you just wanna feel pleasant and see some fun colors, the tolerance isn't too bad just waiting a week in between acid trips and keeping the dose reasonable.

But you will begin to lose the intense philosophical/spiritual aspects as it becomes more like a really awesome pot/coffee sort of ritual instead of a reality warping and intensely meaningful experience.

People talk about losing the magic with MDMA mostly but it happens with all drugs really, as novelty fades and the drugs become more like tools than unexplored realms.

If you want to keep the experience fresh, less is more, and tolerance breaks are never a bad idea.

Thank you for replying and yeah that's what I figured...
I'm new to lsd but I had to try 3-4 days just so I know for sure, it's just that I fell in love with it so I'm a bit too eager for the next good trip :)
First time was bloody amazing, there was nothing I didn't love about it - the other times have been mostly 'meh' but I just have to hold my horses and give each trip more time...
I've been doing some mdma, 2CB etc in between and it's been resetting my trip timer... guess I have to stop doing stuff like that because lsd is worth waiting for.
Cheers!

Myself and others have taken LSD daily and it works. Tolerance does not show up or happen fast and those of us who have done this know some people can trip daily.

The using MDMA frequently, is actually worse for you and your serotonin levels than using LSD daily is, that is if you are really getting and taking actual LSD and MDMA.

"mental tolerance" prolly never goes away fully but waiting extended amounts of time can bring it very close to zero

physical tolerance is a few days for the most part, as has been said

but if you want the most magic you gotta wait a lot more time

this completely depends on dosage.

a large dose of LSD, for example will basically consume all the available 5ht receptors rendering the brain immune to full psychedelic response for at least a month, although full recovery could take 3 months to restore all the receptors.

however a small dose of LSD like 1/4 blotter consumes so few receptors that you can basically get the same effect in less than a week ~3 days, every time. this does not mean that all the required receptors are replenished in 3 days but that so few were consumed that the brain is ready to go again.

I find 1/2 blotter wants ~4 or more days, and that 1 blotter wants ~7 days to get back to a functionally non-tolerant state. More time will probably enable a more wide spectrum response, as it really takes time to re-establish a full spectrum of 5ht receptors throughout the various regions of the brain.

Lemmy used to say "They say acid doesn't work 2 days in a row but we found if you doubled the dose it does". I think it works for at least 2 days in a row - but the second day is a lot less spectacular than the first. With LSD I find 1-2 weeks is enough to reset.

Oddly enough I find 4-aco-dmt to be the awkward bugger - for some reason if you take it every week you quickly lose the magic effects but I found that with oral DMT too.

If anyone wants to explore new areas of LSD try my "method" - split your dose in half, take half then take the other half 20 mins later. This takes you through a wormhole in space and time and spits you out in a strange "MDMA" version of LSD where you are rolling around in the duvet and groaning with pleasure. Lot more of a bodyhigh than tripping. Doesn't work every time but if you can time it just right it will be quite memorable.

For me LSD tolerance is more a long term thing if i had a trip for the first time in a long time it will be super magic but the tolerance actually doesn't build up that much for myself for the first so the second trip i can take within 5 days to a week later and it will still be just as strong by the 4 th week of consecutive dosing the tolerance gets more noticeable magic fades but two week breaks can solve this or just increasing the dosage each week by 50-100 ug .