View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health LSD and olanzapine

Nikoslp

Greenlighter
Hello,I haven't taken lsd in a long time and I currently take olanzapine,will I be able to trip? Anyone has experience with lsd and wnti psychotics?

Olanzapine will strongly block LSD and all classical psychedelics.

Depending on how long you've been taking olanzapine (pills) you would need to stop taking it for 10-30 days before you would be able to take LSD. If you're on long form injections it would take much longer.

Stopping the medication in order to trip isn't really advisable in a lot of situations depending on why you take it.

Olanzapine will strongly block LSD and all classical psychedelics.

Depending on how long you've been taking olanzapine (pills) you would need to stop taking it for 10-30 days before you would be able to take LSD. If you're on long form injections it would take much longer.

Stopping the medication in order to trip isn't really advisable in a lot of situations depending on why you take it.
I know all this and I don't want to stop my medication,I was wondering if I could be able to trip even if I felt less effects from lsd

I know all this and I don't want to stop my medication,I was wondering if I could be able to trip even if I felt less effects from lsd
You will feel some level of stimulation. You might have an interesting thought space.

But you won't have any visuals or any of the good stuff.

I've tried it before using large doses of LSD to try to break through the olanzapine and it was uncomfortable. I felt all the negative physical side effects but none of the good stuff.

I don't recommend trying.

Taking large doses of LSD when the 5HTP-2A receptor is down regulated or blockaded can be an unpleasant experience. Not truly horrible but rather pointless.

You often get an effect similar to a normal LSD come-up for an hour but nothing switches over into psychedelia and your Default Mode Network is not disrupted. However you may feel too stimulated and a little jittery or anxious. Sleep is difficult.

It is actually more pleasant to take a 100 ug dose in such a case. You often feel like you get the suppised microdose cognitive/mood enhancements.

Taking large doses of LSD when the 5HTP-2A receptor is down regulated or blockaded can be an unpleasant experience. Not truly horrible but rather pointless.

You often get an effect similar to a normal LSD come-up for an hour but nothing switches over into psychedelia and your Default Mode Network is not disrupted. However you may feel too stimulated and a little jittery or anxious. Sleep is difficult.

It is actually more pleasant to take a 100 ug dose in such a case. You often feel like you get the suppised microdose cognitive/mood enhancements.
Yes that's the dose I want to take,around 100ug,I'll make a trip report if I end up dosing