View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD and migraines

LSDBOY

Greenlighter
I thought I would post this but it is quite anecdotal with only personal experiences. I was suffering from my latest set of migraines last year. I was having one to two a week. Full aura and my day being a write off, many times at work at a hospital . I did LSD for the first time last summer and have fallen in love with it. The best side effect has been I have yet to suffer a migraine in 10 months. I believe this is no coincidence. My brain feels different since I dropped and I no longer feel on the verge of a migraine. Those who suffer know this feeling. I am a medical professional and have had access to all sorts of treatments, the closest to resolving symptoms being aminophylline IV 100mg over 20 min. That med would do nothing in regards to prophylaxis. Just thought I would post this as I believe LSD has real medical benefit in this case. I know LSD was found in research for migraine medication. Hofmann was onto something.

I thought I should mention I trip several times a month on a aprox 90 ug dose. Sometimes higher.

Both mushrooms and LSD are thought to reduce cluster and migraines in certain patients.

I've found that psilocybin has always been best to keep away and dull the pain of cluster headaches, recently I've had some success with 1P-LSD when used in the middle of an intense cycle it seems to give me a few days remission, the fuckers always come back though unfortunately (chronic CH sufferer). Since I've been using psychedelics I haven't had any of the major depression what's associated with them what's been a god send. I'd recommend the use of psychedelics to anyone in a similar situation.

LSA from morning glory seeds seems to work as well according to this link. Psilocybin is very effective, but according to this informal internet survey they found LSD to be the most effective at treating cluster headaches. Cluster headaches aren't migraines, but people who suffer from migraine w/aura have also reported significant improvement in their condition by using LSD. Seems people who have migraines with aura also have a higher incidence of HPPD after taking LSD.

Seems people who have migraines with aura also have a higher incidence of HPPD after taking LSD.
I wouldn't be too suprised by that! I've known two people that had migraine with aura describe what their auras usually look like, and it sounds very similar to the visuals caused by classical psychedelics, except that they are usually restricted to a portion of their visual field.

it's a really interesting topic and a great argument against schedule 1 status of all our best psychedelic drugs. Fortunately LSA is still unscheduled. Found a link to substantiate the connection between HPPD and migrain w/ aura link

I get aura but no headache, I think it called ophthalmic migraine. It's not usually much more than a minor inconvenience. I've never noticed if the PDs reduce the rate of them occurring or not, but have always been curious if they are affected by my PD consumption. I guess I'm not really adding much here, but I'm curious if anyone knows if opthalmic migranes should or should not be affected by PDs

This is not surprising since LSD is from an ergot fungus, and Ergotamine and it's many family of alkaloids are being used for medicines, including Migraines. I use "Cafergot" for my Migraines.

Ergot:
Ergot of rye is produced by a lower fungus (Claviceps purpurea) that grows parasitically on rye and, to a lesser extent, on other species of grain and on wild grasses. Kernels infested with this fungus develop into light-brown to violet-brown curved pegs (sclerotia) that push forth from the husk in place of normal grains. Ergot of rye (Secale cornutum) is the variety used medicinally.

Problem with that is if u feel a migraine coming on and u have to go to work taking acid might make for a very interesting day ? I go to opiates wen I feel one coming on..they suck

My ex swore that a small amount (sub tripping) mushroom would take care of her migraines every time.....we ended up making a tincture for her

Problem with that is if u feel a migraine coming on and u have to go to work taking acid might make for a very interesting day ? I go to opiates wen I feel one coming on..they suck

^This, Haha I've been there once before I was at work and I started to have an attack but luckily I had some dried ground up golden teachers in capsules 3x 0.5g, I took one waited half an hour still had the pain so I pop another wait 30 minutes again fuck why isn't this working ? I know I'll take the last one that should do it they must have degraded or something, about 10 minutes after the last capsules I felt the first one kicking in and thought ohhh shit this is gunna be one hell of a day, which it was, didn't get that much work done though.

Psychedelics have always helped me. I used to have a lot of migraines pretty often but since I started using psychedelics their occurrence has gone way down thankfully.

^This, Haha I've been there once before I was at work and I started to have an attack but luckily I had some dried ground up golden teachers in capsules 3x 0.5g, I took one waited half an hour still had the pain so I pop another wait 30 minutes again fuck why isn't this working ? I know I'll take the last one that should do it they must have degraded or something, about 10 minutes after the last capsules I felt the first one kicking in and thought ohhh shit this is gunna be one hell of a day, which it was, didn't get that much work done though.
Haha love it !

There has been anecdotal evidence of psychedelics treating migraine for ages now, probably most would work; generally it's as treatment rather than having prophylactic effect You don't need massively active doses and in fairness work isn't going to be possible with many migraine suffers anyhow.

Opium king mentions Ergotamine as a treatment which is quite old now, more recent but hardly new are the triptans - Several are 5 substituted DMT; others have the 5 subs but are cyclic in one way or another at the N end of things

I read somewhere nitrous can reverse migraine if taken early into it

i experience migraines to these past 3weeks but not sure if its migraines or pressure behind my eye that makes it so painful, it comes and goes, when it comes on i need to take advil/ibuprofen...

i tripped past tuesday, but had a migraine prior to taking 2 blots. so 4 hrs before taking the blots i took a advil and sudafed , took the blots later , didn't feel it so i laid down and woke up in the middle of my trip got to enjoy it for 2hrs or so, i plan to trip again this saturday with geltabs i hope this solves the migraines if thats what i am getting, cant tell the difference so hard..