• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides LSD and MAOI combination (methylene blue)

Swim15

Bluelighter
Just wanted to post some real world experience on this since there’s a lot of differing threads on MAOIs and their combination with various psychs.

I dropped 3 tabs of LSD last night along with 15-20mg of methylene blue and had no noticeable potentiation or adverse effects which is what I expected.

I can say that they do however potentiate mushrooms in not such a good way but there seems to be a decent consensus on that topic.

I have not been on long term therapy for reference and this was just one off dosing.

I have heard from multiple sources that LSD is not affected by MAOIs, though I do not know why that would be, and would expect that it would be.

Methylene blue is an MAOI but I think the dose required for full MAO inhibition is significantly higher than the dose required for nootropic effects.

FWIW i tried harmala (an MAOI) with HBW seeds (containing LSA) and that was a lot stronger as well as qualitatively different. My hands looked super long for a bit (along with other visual distortions of similarly strange and intense nature in addition to standard lysergic fractals) and then i was dissolved in music, experiencing a violent ego death. Also i puked in bed.

Then again harmala can be a trip on its own so not sure. Although i can say harmala on its own was also qualitatively different from this combo. None of them would've produced visuals like that on their own.

Last edited:
I have heard from multiple sources that LSD is not affected by MAOIs, though I do not know why that would be, and would expect that it would be.

Methylene blue is an MAOI but I think the dose required for full MAO inhibition is significantly higher than the dose required for nootropic effects.

Correct. People use it for nootropic effects typically in the mcg range.

LSD isn’t broken down by MAO so it would make sense that an MAO inhibitor wouldn't potentiate it