• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD And It's Doppelgangers - Questions About The Legitimacy of LSD

I'm sorry but acid does (well should) = LSD. Acid is a nickname for LSD just like 'Lucy' or 'L' etc. just like 'mandy' 'molly' 'ecstasy' are nicknames for MDMA. If you start using these nicknames to refer to other drugs you end up with the confusing and potentially dangerous situation that is currently happening in the MDMA market, and that is starting to happen in the LSD market that you are perpetuating. It's 'acid' because it's lysergic ACID diethylamide. It's bad harm reduction to perpetuate that acid by definition should refer to substances other than LSD, mistaken identity of drugs can hurt people and it lets dealers get away with selling sub par products

For OP, substances often sold as acid or LSD that aren't LSD are generally limited because for a substance to fit on a blotter it has to be active at a very low dose. The most common will be 25x-NBOMe and related compounds which I would avoid at all costs. Other than that it could be a DOx drug, which while potentially still dangerous are much safer than NBOMe drugs, though generally undesirable to someone who wanted LSD as they last more than 24 hours, or you could end up with a recent research lysergamide like AL-LAD, LSZ or 1P-LSD etc, these are presumably quite safe and will be the most similar in effect to LSD, but you're probably still better off with LSD. Get a test kit! You don't even need Ehrlichs, even Marquis will identify LSD.
True story, good post

DOx can last a very long time and are stimulating (24 hours woo!). They're safe physically at doses <5mg with the exception of DOM which can go as high as 20 with primarily mental dangers only.

i disagree with your claim of DOX chemicals inherent safety. their pharmacological profile is nearly identical with the NBOMe drugs. the margin of safety remains disputed. literature has reported both DOB and DOC caused fatalities. i know that with caution future fatalities could be avoided.

Last edited:
What can you tell me about dragonfly and 25i?

my girlfriend told me she's done both but I dont think she knows about drugs like a community of this diversity.

^There are both big and dandy threads for each, and erowid pages for each; look them up!

Suffice to say though, your girlfriend is playing Russian roulette. Both BD-Fly and 25i are known primarily for their being passed off as LSD and then often killing people/causing hospital visits. They're very dangerous and are not to be trifled with! They are known for harsh vasoconstriction that sometimes leads to gangrene in high doses.

What can you tell me about dragonfly and 25i?

my girlfriend told me she's done both but I dont think she knows about drugs like a community of this diversity.

IMO, those are two of the most dangerous chemicals out there. If you are asking: are they safe? I would say no. Some people like 25I but personally, I don't see why you would even risk it. I don't understand what they offer that many other safer chemicals don't offer. If you absolutely must use 25I keep the dosages very low. Like around .5 mg. I haven't read many reports on dragonfly that actually ended well. Many end up in hospitals but unsure if that is dosage related or just the overall unpredictability of the chemical.

Just like anything else you buy from a dealer you gotta test kit your stuff. In the case of LSD and MDMA which have so many substitutes out there you will likely have to use multiple test kits. But its a small price to pay for your health, right?

Fortunately, there are far fewer LSD "dopplegangers" than there are for MDMA, since there aren't as many drugs that are active in the microgram level. Nbomes are well-known to be dangerous substitutes for LSD, but now that 1P-LSD is gaining traction I hope dealers looking to cut costs turn to that instead (although unlikely since it goes for about the same price). I doubt 90% of people would be able to tell the difference!

Acid = LSD

Period

Just like Molly = MDMA right???

25i is a NBOME

Dragonfly from what I hear is something not to be fucked with....tripping for 2-3 days on a crazy microgram dosage

I haven't done LSD in many years but this just gets me curious because a friend of mine says he knows where to find good LSD and years ago when I did it I don't think acid was usually being passed off as other shit.

So just out of curiosity, how likely is it that the shit my friend does/knows how to get is actually anything other than LSD?

The idea that it could be something that could kill a person or make them trip for days is pretty terrifying.

Is it really a significantly high percentage of the time these days that a person thinks they are buying LSD and are in fact buying some fucked up research chemical?!?!

The NBOME series is for sure getting spread around as acid..... It's cheap as hell and readily available....I can order a gram right now for like $50.....that's like 1000 hits

The NBOME series is for sure getting spread around as acid..... It's cheap as hell and readily available....I can order a gram right now for like $50.....that's like 1000 hits

That's fucking scary and REALLY wrong.

How can anyone feel secure buying acid with that shit around??

That's fucking scary and REALLY wrong.

How can anyone feel secure buying acid with that shit around??
Well it's not as scary when you can directly swallow the tabs to rule out any NBOMe activity.

Or just spend 20 bucks on some ehrlich's reagent. That's probably the safest.

yeah, most people who can actually get LSD onto a blotter would not bother putting anything else on there in my opinion...

This is incorrect, i found this out by buying 10 sheets at a time, sometimes more... there would be times when they would lay maybe a few hundred UG on sheets on nbome because they knew we would test it first, it came back positive, we tried it, it was bitter, we put it through a few more tests and it was NOT lsd, may have contained trace amounts but thats about it.

Well it's not as scary when you can directly swallow the tabs to rule out any NBOMe activity.

Note that swallowing the tabs will decrease the absorption on mouth/tissues but just until a certain point... You may still be able to absorb some of the dosage in its way to the stomach, and in the case of being a very high dosage... it's possible that it's likely going to happen. I remember anecdotical reports of oral NBOME dosages being active due to that reason. Also they increase their bio-availability buccally/sublingually if complexed with HPBCD, if I remember well (I don't personally consume any NBOMEs)

If you do that, make sure that the blotting paper is inside -for example- a gel cap so you spend all your efforts to avoid it (still very dangerous & discouraged because of what I explained on the last paragraph), anyway, nowadays, I really would discourage the consumption of blotters that are not analyzed (preferible), or *at least*, tested with multiple reagents (LSD & NBOMEs).

I still can get *real* LSD in the street, but for the last ones I sent to the lab for analysis, the results were intriguing:

Expensive blotters contain:
+/- 85ug of LSD
+/- 100ug of Iso-LSD

I personally would need to eat approximately 2.5 tabs to get a trip way lower than 212 ug (because of the Iso-LSD). In my opinion it's becoming more, and more expensive, progressively with the time, that could easily explain why the 'non-serious' / 'stupid' dealers are switching to NBOME's: to keep their profit high.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still can get *real* LSD in the street, but for the last ones I sent to the lab for analysis, the results were intriguing:

What lab is able to give you quantitative dosage values MrHH?