View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD And It's Doppelgangers - Questions About The Legitimacy of LSD

Lightning_Eyes

Bluelighter
In an area of the forums I didn't plan t find myself today.

My girlfriend is always telling me that what she gets is pure and not cut or called something it is not. I've posted about testing plans with MDMA but now im curious if there's anything I can do about LSD.

I have come to understand(correct me if I'm wrong) that LSD is LSD but acid isn't necessarily always LSD. is there any way to test that it is or is not LSD? Aside from actually taking it, I mean. Hah.

I've heard mixed things about flavor but how do you stop the drug if it's already hit your tongue? I mean sure get rid of it but I'm seeking a way to test what we come across before it's in anyones body.

Any suggestions or advice gladly accepted.

First read this

LSD is acid, acid is LSD, there should be no difference, they are synonyms (LSD comes from the German word LysergSäureDiethylamid, Säure means acid in German, hence the name acid). Get an ehrlich reagent testkit to verify the presence of LSD

Flavour is in no way an only factor for identification, but the consent is that if it's bitter, it's not acid ("If it's bitter, it's a spitter"). Acid has no taste, at least not in concentrations found on blotter, though the ink on a blotter or the paper used might have a taste, it might even be bitter. However this should only be used as an added means of ID'ing, next to a testkit or lab tests, never as your sole means of identification. If you use the taste test as your only means you're going to get in trouble sooner or later, since there are bound to be tasteless chemicals sold as LSD as well

Right right I understand that, Ive only heard and read of the flavor being a possible tell that it may not be LSD.

in reference to other substances being called acid, I was meaning something like nbome. Ive heard a lot about that being sold as acid and people finding later they made a dear mistake.

ultimately trying to find a way to make sure that her so called "reputable" source is really going to the trouble of making LSD or just using something gross and calling it acid.

As I've said before, I just want the safest I can get for my lover. She means a lot but she doesn't care for her self. Just dont want anyone hurting her.

Right right I understand that, Ive only heard and read of the flavor being a possible tell that it may not be LSD.

in reference to other substances being called acid, I was meaning something like nbome. Ive heard a lot about that being sold as acid and people finding later they made a dear mistake.
Ah yes that happens indeed, but of course in a perfect world the seller wouldn't call it acid. It's like the whole Molly<-->MDMA story, on its own there's nothing wrong with the term 'molly', it becomes a problem when shady dealers use it to label random RC's sold as MDMA. So in reality a name means absolutely nothing unless you use a testkit to verify the name is legit

So is it safe to say that if LSD is present there PROBABLY isn't much to worry about? is that the reassurance a kit will bring me?

yeah, most people who can actually get LSD onto a blotter would not bother putting anything else on there in my opinion...

My intuition tells me the same. Rather have happy customers than risk a tester that could inform others that its got some nasty stuff in it.

If you don't have access to testing kits then I guess you just have to take one and see what the effects are. You can tell from the type of high and its duration etc what drug it is with a fair degree of accuracy, at least if you have experience with various drugs often represented as LSD. If you don't have the experience to do that then just pay the cost of a test kit I guess.

If you're in the UK there's a lab testing service that will assess the complete chemical makeup of any sample you submit for free, based in wales

Unfortunately no, thank you though, if I ever travel or move there ill definitely check it out

It's all going to be the same drug as LSD is LSD. But the dosage will vary.

However, there are people who do sell research chemicals instead of actual LSD in the various forms the drug comes in.

There are test kits, and you can always just eat psychedelic mushrooms.

LSD seems to have an incredibly wide range of effect depending on the dose and how you dose. For example I've taken LSD for years by dropping it all once. Taking it split into two over 30 minutes turns it into an entirely different drug. I've never noticed such a massive difference in any other drug.

Not so much concerned about the varying affects, just curious about the things that aren't LSD that people sell that still makes trip shit. Like nbome for example. I've read of many other chems out there that people use and sell it as LSD.

far as I'm concerned, not much left here that needs said. BlueBull answered my earlier questions with the ehrlich test.

There are four classes of acid: lysergamide (LSD, LSZ, AL-LAD, ALD-52), bomamine (25x-NBOMe, 25x-NBOH, 25x-NBMD), standard phenethylamine (2C-TFM, DOM, DOB), and modified phenethylamine (TCB-2, bromo-dragonfly). You will die or have a horrible, psychotic trip if you take a bomamine. You will have a perfectly fine trip with standard lysergamide or phenethylamine acids. Modified phenethylamines are unknown; you are a human guinea pig if you take them. If your blotter tastes like plain paper, it is lysergamide. If your blotter tastes terrible, metallic, or bitter, it is something other than lysergamide. You can also use the Ehrlich's reagent to tell if your acid is lysergamide.

I'm sorry but acid does (well should) = LSD. Acid is a nickname for LSD just like 'Lucy' or 'L' etc. just like 'mandy' 'molly' 'ecstasy' are nicknames for MDMA. If you start using these nicknames to refer to other drugs you end up with the confusing and potentially dangerous situation that is currently happening in the MDMA market, and that is starting to happen in the LSD market that you are perpetuating. It's 'acid' because it's lysergic ACID diethylamide. It's bad harm reduction to perpetuate that acid by definition should refer to substances other than LSD, mistaken identity of drugs can hurt people and it lets dealers get away with selling sub par products

For OP, substances often sold as acid or LSD that aren't LSD are generally limited because for a substance to fit on a blotter it has to be active at a very low dose. The most common will be 25x-NBOMe and related compounds which I would avoid at all costs. Other than that it could be a DOx drug, which while potentially still dangerous are much safer than NBOMe drugs, though generally undesirable to someone who wanted LSD as they last more than 24 hours, or you could end up with a recent research lysergamide like AL-LAD, LSZ or 1P-LSD etc, these are presumably quite safe and will be the most similar in effect to LSD, but you're probably still better off with LSD. Get a test kit! You don't even need Ehrlichs, even Marquis will identify LSD.

Last edited: