• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD and Homosexuality

Simple experiment to prove whether we choose our preferences:

Find a piece of music you really cannot stand and choose to like it.

^
That's not a very good analogy. Sexual orientation is much more deep-rooted in the psyche than mere musical preferences (which DO evolve over time) and certainly nowhere near as malleable.

If sexuality is "more deep-rooted in the psyche" then it's even less likely you could choose it than choose to like some godawful piece of crap music.

But it's not an analogy. It's an experiment, or thought experiment. Swap music with food, art, sport, sexuality, whatever. The point is most people assume they choose their preferences without really thinking about whether they actually do. The thought experiment shows that perhaps they don't.

It's also often argued that free will doesn't exist.

Also evolving over time is not the same as choice. And malleability is not the same as choice. External influences could be the cause of both.

That's a really stupid and unscientific "experiment" that isn't relevant to the topic.

I don't consider myself a homosexual but lsd made me realize my schizophrenic episodes are deeply tied to my secuality and that occasional feelings of lust towards men are not something I should push away but rather accept and If I don't my personality splits into a suppresed gay identity and an overly macho heterosexual personality. Don't know if this makes sense to the legally sane people but let's just say LSD helped putting my sexuality in perspective , I have never experienced this on MDMA or Mushrooms which I am pretty experienced with (only took acid 3 times maybe)

Simple experiment to prove whether we choose our preferences:

Find a piece of music you really cannot stand and choose to like it.
My piano teacher told me to give my audience no idea what my musical preference was.In other words to play pieces of music, or genres, that I dislike and have people believe I love them.The primary problem with any belief system, whether it's music,politics,or sexual preference, is that it locks you in, with no possibility of change.Psychedelics open up our minds so our belief systems, dissolve and diminish.Anything is possible at this point,including changing sexual preferences.

Psychedelics can't change your sexuality. There's zero evidence for that ridiculous statement.

enjoy your mind trip but don't trip on your mind.

psychedelics are vastly open to interpretation. there's no set 'thing' they can and will cause to happen. besides the effects we know of, i'm more focusing on the 'spiritual' or mind-intensive side than the effects on the 5-HT receptors.

picture them as tools. you can use tools to your advantage or you can slam your finger with a hammerhead or squeeze it with a pliers.

it's not gonna cause you to realize you are gay and come-out IMO. what they'd do is challenge your ideas about sexuality and as everything changes, so do your inner thoughts. so with the mind in such an analytical phase, you're likely to overthink things that may not even be true about yourself.

at the end of the day, imo, nobody is 100% one way. it's too much of a grey area to say so. it's hard to see it in the older generations because they grew up shunning homosexuality and thus the majority repressed their feelings more so than with the acceptance we see today. with this acceptance we may internally feel safer to explore with our sexuality. it will be ignorant to say that it's nature or that it's nurture. it's more than likely both, just like any personality lexical trait. but ofc we are still in the transitional phase and people will still view you with that label if you chose to experiment 'out of the norm'.

but this is coming from someone who doesn't view sexuality with labels anymore. those labels were created by society and thus created the many insecurities people feel with the stigma attached to the 'abnormal'.

just be ffs. :)