• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD and Homosexuality

The writer of the article, one Richard Alpert (AKA Ram Dass) struggled for years with his own sexuality. Eventually, he came to terms with his own bisexuality and admitted years of trying to 'normalize' his own sexual behaviour with LSD sessions and psychoanalyses.

When he became Ram Dass all that neo Freudian pathologising went out the window.

Therefore any claim by him to have treated homosexuality is rather maligned by the persistence of his own denial during this time.

i'll state with confidence from my associations with the underground scene a lot of mdma and/or lsd users struggle with identity issues like sexuality and a lot certainly from mental disorders like schizophrenia and depression.

as for me, i fit in all those categories, so there ya go.... i think the esoteric nature of psychs - LSD, MDMA, etc - is what draws a lot of people to them. personally, i find the buzz or high of LSD to simply be otherworldy - the most pleasurable; totally defying belief and words. i'm also a musician and so i suppose mania- a tendency to push the envelope and explore the possibilities of the human mind and imagination to the fullest make it refreshing to me..

from my understanding, the mainstream just ain't on the same page with psych users... they wonder why anyone wants to trip out, cause questioning their own reality is just... well uncomfortable i guess. being open to experience is what living is all about, in my experience, tho... spirituality and losing yourself in the experience, then finding yourself again..so amazing

meanwhile most of the world seem to revel in stimulants and downers, which do nothing special for me, other than give me a boost to feel awake or tired..no high, but sometimes good to function better

anyway i'm not saying everyone is the same brand of cereal, just that the scene consists of a few general types that are easily identifiable.. go to a rave or festie and you'll get it. it's not something i can explain sufficiently here

peace

Last edited:
Psychedelics put me in touch with who I am enough to realize that I do infact have enough homosexual tendencies that I could consider myself bisexual. I am in an extremely loving and wonderful relationship with a girl already that will last forever, but if I was ever in a situation where I could have action with a dude and everyone could feel good about it after, I would do it.

I think psychedelics help you realize who you really are at your core. So maybe that guy who "treated his homosexuality" with LSD, actually was gay, but deep down wanted to become straight again. I think sexuality can evolve like that over time in people. Nothing is static, everything is always changing, and psychedelics are amazing catalysts of change.

I myself am heterosexual, but i dont think people who do feel homosexual feelings should feel the need to treat themselves or fix themselves. I'd think LSD would do the oposite of "fix" someone in this situation, it would put someone more intouch with their feelings and stuff

I am doing research on LSD due to a fictional story I am writing and stumbled across this theory on another site. (One it pisses me off but that is natural to me.) I think, and I can only say in theory that it depends on the persons state of mind going in. Homosexuality is genetic and unless LSD can alter genes, I disagree completely, unless someone can prove LSD cured autism which I consider just as strongly genetic, not necessarily through parentage but through the family line, at some point I feel a future descendant gets a past relatives gene, despite the generational gap.

From my understanding, wrong or right, like I said I believe it has at least some sort of influence by the persons desire going in. Say someone is born gay yet their religious beliefs are so strong they don't want to accept themselves. I've seen people like this, they force themselves to endure heterosexual relationships and then go into a denial phase if (Say they were openly gay to friends) people, like friends or people that know about the gay person try to convince him that he won't ever be happy that way and he claims, possibly argumentally, that he will be happy and that is it, case closed. Maybe then I could buy such an idea, but then I would question whether this enforced change could only be done under the influence to bring what feels like actual happiness or would it have a lasting effect after in assisting this person to truly live heterosexual without any sacrifice to their own happiness and for how long they could sustain it.

If the LSD provided them an amazing heterosexual experience, maybe they could carry that feeling with them but I theorize that the longer they are back in the real world, the more the memory diminishes in a sense that it eventually becomes a regular memory and the emotions of it faded back to their true emotions. These are just my thoughts, I'm only researching for a story but I don't think it is something that needs to be cured, no more so than autism.

Hard to take anything Ram Dass says seriously about LSD - I think he came from an age where he believed he could say pretty much anything about it and still be believed (like how his guru ate 900mics and just sat there cos he was like "already enlightened dude". The guru palmed the LSD - he was adept at sleight of hand like all indian "holy men" are)

Hard to take anything Ram Dass says seriously about LSD - I think he came from an age where he believed he could say pretty much anything about it and still be believed (like how his guru ate 900mics and just sat there cos he was like "already enlightened dude". The guru palmed the LSD - he was adept at sleight of hand like all indian "holy men" are)

I like Ram Dass, but I simply don't believe this story. He was so enamoured by his guru, he was ready to believe anything. 900 mics would level any 'guru'. At least there would be SOME kind of effect. Having said that, Grof in his book LSD Psychotherapy describes people who could resist something like 1500 mics, due to extreme OCD and stubborness. So who knows...

LSD allows people to think things from a different perspective and put past baggage or social constructs aside. People who prefer relationships with people who are not of the opposite sex may repress their preferences due to pressure or internalized homophobia. Taking LSD can help people overcome that. Also, LSD can cause change in opinion, such as sexual preferences.

LSD can cause change in opinion, such as sexual preferences.

So you are saying that homosexuals somehow stop being themselves like homos?

You are saying that if you are male and attracted to male, you take lsd, look from a different perspective and put past baggage of homophilia aside, it makes you normal? No, like defiedreality said, being a homosexual is genetical and by birth, so its hard, to alter brain so that it doesnt get attracted to the same sex, even with strong substances like LSD.

Maybe, like you said, someone denies his homosexual urges because he believes it's a disease and those thoughts get bypassed with the help of lsd, but thats beside the point obviously.

So you are saying that homosexuals somehow stop being themselves like homos?

You are saying that if you are male and attracted to male, you take lsd, look from a different perspective and put past baggage of homophilia aside, it makes you normal? No, like defiedreality said, being a homosexual is genetical and by birth, so its hard, to alter brain so that it doesnt get attracted to the same sex, even with strong substances like LSD.

Maybe, like you said, someone denies his homosexual urges because he believes it's a disease and those thoughts get bypassed with the help of lsd, but thats beside the point obviously.

That's all bullshit. It's all an agenda pushed by the same idiots who use the word LGBT and only believe in equal rights when the person being discriminated against has no choice in the matter (i.e you can't fire someone b/c they are black but you can if they use responsibly drugs off the job).

If you are homosexual, you are attracted only to your own sex. You make that choice and it is your preference. LSD can hugely change personal preferences and beliefs. It can change people's sexual preferences. I know that before I used psychedelics I was 100% straight and only attracted to guys. Now I am bi and have a girlfriend.

These attempts to change their own sexuality are stupid because no preference is better than another and using psychedelics with the intention of changing your sexuality is ridiculous.

It's a choice that people make.

Not in all cases, maybe not in most. I think the Kinsey scale concept most exemplifies reality...sexuality is not black and white but various shades of faggot and straight. There are some who fall in the middle of the kinsey scale (or what are called bisexuals) but there are also extremely straight people and extremely faggoted people. To suggest homosexuality is as simple as a choice (like what color shirt I put on) for everyone is to suggest that fully straight people can choose to suddenly start liking homosexuality. I don't know where you fall on the scale or if enjoying a dick in your mouth is something you can choose to enjoy (or not), regardless of if you are male or female...but most straight people cannot choose to suddenly become homosexual, and the reverse is also true. True bisexuality seems a lot more rare than true straightness or full gayness.

Sexual preference is the result of biological and environmental factors, it's not wholly genetic.

It's a choice that people make.

I believe it's a sexual preference resulted from biological and environmental factors but don't discard the genetics influences as I've read that Scientists have found even more evidence that sexual orientation is largely determined by genetics not choice.

PS: I think the above article from this thread is from 1969. I little outdated I guess.

Last edited:
It's like a person's favorite color. Different people like different things. But this isn't something that is "genetic or biological", it's simply a preference.

So you are suggesting that fully gay people *choose* to be gay, but could easily give that up and become erect and sexually stimulated by females, or (for females) wet and juicy for males?

By the same token, can a straight male suddenly choose to be stimulated and erect at the thought of a penis in his mouth or anus, or a straight female wet at the thought of diving face first into a pile of MILF?