• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD and high dose of meth comprable

I've never done meth but from what I have researched and heard about it that sounds totally ridiculous and absurd to me... any amount of meth that could get you even close to a high comparable to LSD would likely put you into psychosis instead, which is nothing like an LSD trip.

Delayed but different perspective

I'm watching a documentary on drugs right now and they said that very high doses of meth have a comparable high to LSD. Is this true? I'd never use meth I was just curious.

I know this thread is dead and 5 years old, but I didn't see too much agreeing with this.

I've done a lot of both at different times in my life. There is no question that hallucinations on meth can be quite intense. I never saw anything like on acid... like breathing walls or dimensional shifts... like a field of grass looking like an expansive field of massive spikes, etc...

however, I'd also offer, that even on a fair amount of acid (say 10 hits) I always still felt pretty in control-aware it was just a hallucination.

I can think of 2 drugs that were visual in such a way to render them frightening. Meth is one, the other an anti-depressant I took that gave me all the side effects listed...

Back to meth-shadows are the most typical hallucination. Like if you're driving, things far off really take on a different look. Like the tar lines in the road will be extremely exaggerated such to kind of pop up and look like people til you get closer... (this all in the dark of course)... or the way light shines off things.

Why do you think so many meth heads pick at themselves... so badly. Because they're hallucinating. They are in the mirror... and a normal pore may look shiny... and it doesn't help that piles of crap is likely coming out of these pores giving actual things to look at and exaggerate...

Even audio hallucinations-those really freak me out. I recall late one night coming out of my office and hearing someone right behind me say my name, way too real for a hallucination. Back to shadows... very similar to acid in that you can make them happen-just by staring, focusing a little... suddenly all those shadows in a basement come alive... and it's always something threatening... if it's bugs, they move toward you, etc.

I would add, this always reminded me of the movie The Ring... as this shit starts happening only when you get serious about your meth-ie do it a lot. You do stretches... 3-7 days are the most common... the better the meth, the more likely a hallucination by day 2 or 3 (full days, ie at hour 50 of being awake on meth).

So I don't know about the use of the word "high." That's about as specific as "love." If I want the best high, acid doesn't come close to meth, not even close. And if we're talking about opening doors of the mind... I would say BOTH of these drugs can do that.

However... in both cases, you may not want certain doors opened. One thing I notice that's different about meth... you never quit wanting to do it... but if you're lucky, you come to be on non-speaking terms with it...

Meth strikes me as more dangerous but more agitating to the mind-the more likely to give you, well.... something BIG.

But the cost is great, it may cost you EVERYTHING trying to get something big. Most get nothing at all....

But I will say this: I have no further reasons to do acid anymore that I can think of. But I frequently look forward to doing meth again some number of years in the future when I think my shit is together enough to sit down for a spell-because meth is like a black hole... an abyss that can suck you in. But there IS something to it... something beyond even acid I'd say-that's why it's even scarier than acid to do meth...

You may indeed see the abyss on meth, and if you make it back, you may have something special with you. Something special enough that it may seem worth it ... even if it cost you everything else. Meth is definitely a drug that can help you see beyond.

While I've never done meth (and don't plan to), I have a hard time believing it is anywhere close in profundity to the 5-ht psychedelics or dissociatives. Maybe I am generalizing here , but meth strikes me as a drug for the lower part of society. Addiction is a nasty thing , and it seems to go hand-in-hand with methamphetamine. While 2-fma, 2-fa, methylphenidate, and amphetamine may not be as strong as methamphetamine they never struck me as profound drugs whatsoever.

And I have a hard time believing meth is more euphoric than say, MDMA, and good psychedelic experiences can blow MDMA out of the water in euphoria for me. Maybe dopaminergic euphoria comes easier , but it can only be pushed so far. The mind is limitless on the other hand.

Maybe I am biased against meth because it is such a scourge in my area. I know I am biased for psychedelics, but this is PD discussion after all ;).

While I've never done meth (and don't plan to), I have a hard time believing it is anywhere close in profundity to the 5-ht psychedelics or dissociatives. Maybe I am generalizing here , but meth strikes me as a drug for the lower part of society. Addiction is a nasty thing , and it seems to go hand-in-hand with methamphetamine. While 2-fma, 2-fa, methylphenidate, and amphetamine may not be as strong as methamphetamine they never struck me as profound drugs whatsoever.

And I have a hard time believing meth is more euphoric than say, MDMA, and good psychedelic experiences can blow MDMA out of the water in euphoria for me. Maybe dopaminergic euphoria comes easier , but it can only be pushed so far. The mind is limitless on the other hand.

Maybe I am biased against meth because it is such a scourge in my area. I know I am biased for psychedelics, but this is PD discussion after all ;).
meths on a whole new level.

^It´s much stronger nowadays + it can also be cut IMO. Have heard about people real hallucinating. Like in LSD..

Last edited:

I can appreciate that.

And I did meth in college and thought the same thing. Never impressed me much...

But it's a bit different if you go off on it for a spell... you know, a year or more... your mind transforms and it can offer nightmares... but in between them there is in fact some clarity to be found. But as I said, most don't make it back alive to tell.

but in between them there is in fact some clarity to be found. But as I said, most don't make it back alive to tell.
Fair enough, I see what you mean.

It definitely offers it's users something the way they will trade their lives for it. That trade-off just doesn't seem worth it to me. Not trying to put myself on a pedestal either, at one time I was the same way with dextromethorphan.

The only similarities I can think of between LSD and meth is that they can both induce states of panic and acute psychosis.
Other than that it's like comparing apples to elephants.

I've never used meth and do not want to but they're both completely different drugs. One is a powerful psychedelic, and the other is a powerful stimulant.