View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD and high dose of meth comprable

Keaton

Bluelighter
I'm watching a documentary on drugs right now and they said that very high doses of meth have a comparable high to LSD. Is this true? I'd never use meth I was just curious.

this sounds rediculous to me..... completely different chemicals, people do come out with some right shit dont they

Public parlance, effects of LSD means hallucinations. Nothing more, nothing less. That's the only way you can understand it when legislators characterize Salvia as an "LSD like drug that's legal." It's just an impoverishment of language by the unsavvy and unsophisticated.

Public parlance, effects of LSD means hallucinations. Nothing more, nothing less. That's the only way you can understand it when legislators characterize Salvia as an "LSD like drug that's legal." It's just an impoverishment of language by the unsavvy and unsophisticated.

fanatasic use of english;)

There is a semi truth to it, but not in the way they described it. Because of the amount of dopemine activity related to meth, in combination with alot of it, sleep deprivation and pot even, hallucinations are achievable. Though it isn't really a smart thing to do as it is more of a sign of psychosis, being temporary or long term, than a desirable effect of consumming something.

Combining the two can be quite intense, inmy experience a line or two of meth in junction with a drop or two can double the intencity of the visuals, and can make it harder to deal with sometimes. Meth always makes me feel dirty and sketchy, with that on my mind and the amplification powers of LSD... Sorry got a bit off track.

In summary, they're not comparable but you can achieve effects SORT of simular. Doing so with meth to that extent though is a very quick route to a padded cell.

Delerium is not "sort of" similar to tryptamine/LSD visuals.
Quite. Amphetamine-induced (or cathinone-induced for that matter) delirium may be like what non-psychedelics-users imagine the effects of psychedelics are like; but they are wrong. In my experience, the delirious effects of excessive mephedrone and M1 (I've not used meth at any dosage so I can't comment on that specifically) include quasi-psychotic thinking, seeing things that aren't there, and confusion. True serotonergic psychedelia is, in my experience, in many ways more sane than sobriety.

Last edited:
That's not what I've experienced. I've never reached the realms of shadow people, but the last couple of times I've binged on meth i've come home, smoked some bud then soon afterwards my room is bursting with different colours, and things slightly move around like they do for me on LSD. I've spoken to many people who have had simular effects. I know that pot was the catalyst but it is achievable.

Last edited:
except the fact that they both can lead to psychosis
LSD does not generally cause psychosis in many individuals at all whatsoever.

Methamphetamine causes psychosis in thousands of individuals chronically.

They are very different, obviously. There are some similarities, though. You can get some minor visuals on high doses of meth of sort of the MDMA type, but nothing like LSD. I'm not talking about psychosis here, although I suppose a massive dose of either can cause that, at least temporarily. And of course you are going to sleep for awhile after taking either. Never heard anyone compare the two, clearly they haven't tried them. I guess LSD is more like meth than it is heroin, but that is hardly reason to call the two similar.

True serotonergic psychedelia is, in my experience, in many ways more sane than sobriety.

I think the most horrifying experience was not one of my bad trips (which were absolutely terrible for so many reasons), but was when I was sober and a bit of an insomniac. Human sized shadow creatures were on all fours, walking and climbing around in my room (on the walls and ceiling) and one bit a chunk out of my back without me able to move. I heard it chewing in my ear and the pain was completely real, it was the same stabbing pain that I experienced in almost all nightmares.

I'm assuming this was the result of a mixture of severe psychosis and sleep paralysis which I got pretty often, but I ran the fuck out of my room and was afraid to sleep in there for a few days after that. I might be a bit schizo too, but haven't been diagnosed and don't really care.

Also from what the OP said it sounds like they're talking about the euphoria, not the hallucinations, or at least that is what I usually consider the "high".

Last edited:
For me meth had something like a psychedelic side, though it was by far the most dirty in this regard i ever experienced... really ugly, looking in the mirror on meth was disgusting - not fun like on real psychs...

it may be interesting for psychonauts with a somewhat masochistic personality, you can get really deep into the darkness of your soul with meth... but you better be strong enough to come out there again, otherwise you may just end up as another junkie who needs drugs to flee reality because they can't cope with the dark side of the human experience... if you ask me - better stick to real psychs, they are much more gentle... and the euphoria of a lsd fueled epiphany by far beats any euphoria you can get out of meth (or any other drug for that matter)

all my highly subjective view of course... meth is bad mmmkay

For me meth had something like a psychedelic side, though it was by far the most dirty in this regard i ever experienced... really ugly, looking in the mirror on meth was disgusting - not fun like on real psychs...

it may be interesting for psychonauts with a somewhat masochistic personality, you can get really deep into the darkness of your soul with meth... but you better be strong enough to come out there again, otherwise you may just end up as another junkie who needs drugs to flee reality because they can't cope with the dark side of the human experience... if you ask me - better stick to real psychs, they are much more gentle... and the euphoria of a lsd fueled epiphany by far beats any euphoria you can get out of meth (or any other drug for that matter)

all my highly subjective view of course... meth is bad mmmkay

meth is GRRREAT! (tony tiger reference.........)

I think I look disgusting in the mirror whenever I do a psychedelic, less so with meth.

I think they mean the euphoria. I assume the person in the documentary/program has tried LSD at some point and taken a rather low dose - thus ending up with quite strong stimulation and euphoria, but little else. I've definitely heard low doses of other psychedelics compared to Meth and other strongly euphoric stimulants in this manner. Low doses of 2C-E did a similar thing for me, however while it was like stimulants for me - I have not tried Meth so I can't compare it to that in particular. It reminded me a lot of Mephedrone in that it was very very very euphoric - but it was much more stimulating, I had an irresistible urge to dance, move about, and get stuff done - also there was a lot of jaw grinding.

If however they are referring to hallucinations and not the euphoria, they are far off. Stimulant psychosis produces similar effects to deliriants such as Atropine or Diphenhydramine - not dissociatives or psychedelics, which are very different. If you say deliriants and psychedelics are the same thing - then ALL drugs are the same, since pretty much anything can produce delirium in high enough doses.

I realize I sound extremely uneducated asking that question but i was watching Drugs Inc. and they said that and I immediately thought "no freakin' way" and that's why I decided to ask.

to answer your specific question very large doses of meth and lsd trips are not alike at all.