View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD and Geodon

sean107

Bluelighter
I recently posted a thread asking wether it was the geodon or not that was making my trips so weak when I have now remembered that at that time I was on rispradal, so what im wondering is since I havent done LSD since I switched meds, will geodon still cancel out the LSD trip? Does anyone have any experience with this combination?

Ziprasidone, aka "Geodon" works on a number of receptors including the 5HT2A receptors, so possibly.

in my opinion (and dont go by this as im not a medical professional),
people should stop taking meds for a while prior to when they want to trip.

now, Ziprasidone is an antipsychotic so this may be a tad different for you, but still, id recommend laying off the meds for at LEAST a week before tripping to make sure you dont waste your acid or have some strange drug interaction.

hopefully someone more knowledgeable on this will be along soon.

Yea Im just really curious if I were trip while still on the geodon, would I have a normal trip or would it still be weak.

seeing as it works on serotonin receptors i would be careful so as to avoid serotonin syndrome. thats some horrible nasty shit you dont want happening to ya.

(just in case)

Anti-psychotics (neuroleptics) are the first line of defense when you want to stop a bad hallucinogenic trip. Ziprasidone is one of many neuroleptics that can be used. Because most anti-psychotics antagonise the 4 main neurotransmitters, you should know which ones I'm referring to, it will stop a LSD/Psilocybin/Mescaline etc. trip right in its tracks.

Lmaooooo this thread is 6 years old. So glad I quit taking those antipsychotic medications.

Lmaooooo this thread is 6 years old. So glad I quit taking those antipsychotic medications.
Interesting man. I've been diagnosed schizo-affective from a bad acid trip and been on anti-psychotics on and off for 6 years or so. 3 years straight actually. (abilify). I'm down to 5 mg of abilify. from 25. I feel great actually despite only taking 1/5th of the dose. I'm not sure if I'll ever come off abilify completely but I'm glad I can trip on 5 mg (although certainly diminished a little bit of the trip) but I can get good visuals on such a low dose. I'm tripping acid right now and it's cool. The acid is so pure and I have a good setting. I feel I got the brown acid, and it was bad setting when I had a bad trip that fucked me up. But now I'm doing well. Hope it keeps up. Peace!