View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD and Food

woodyfence

Bluelighter
I've noticed a lot of people hate to eat on LSD and other psychedelics, but every drug I've tried (excluding mushrooms and LSA), I've had glowing experiences eating. My favorite thing ever was to take a tab of 25i or a few tabs of acid and then go to Publix and get a few pieces of fried chicken and some Reeses candy or donuts. Even on DXM, eating was incredibly pleasurable. Honestly, fried chicken is the greatest thing I have ever tasted on psychedelics! Does anyone else have any favorite foods to eat on psychedelics? I want to try pop rocks soon.

Actually, no. I don't like to eat on psychedelics, especially not meat or fatty foods. However sometimes, I do enjoy eating fresh fruit like grapes and tasty apples, but in modest quantities.
Whereas weed makes me so titanically hungry that i could eat books if i had too.

To each his own, I guess.

I think food taste so amazing, making a tasty sandwich... Or leftovers etc...
My sweet spot is on the wind-down, about 2/3rd into the trip. This action helps me ground myself back to reality.

Of course, your mileage may differ greatly

Everything gives me the munchies.
So, yes, I love to eat, but usually on the backside of my trip and it is probably because I tend not to eat prior to tripping.

If I eat any meats especially junk food I feel like puking. On the other hand when I eat small portions of fruits I'm good to go. I think I'm becoming a vegan slowly but surely

I find that I become hyper aware of my chewing on LSD and I can't stop thinking about the food being ground up in my mouth and really the entire digestive process right down to the movement of my intestines. I just can't do it unless it's something like ice cream that doesn't involve a lot of chewing.

If I eat any meats especially junk food I feel like puking. On the other hand when I eat small portions of fruits I'm good to go. I think I'm becoming a vegan slowly but surely
I used to be able to eat whatever, but started feeling identical to this about six years ago during a trip. I've been vegan for four years now.

I also enjoy eating on most psychedelics. Early on in my psychedelic "career", I would generally get pretty intense bodyloads and weird stomach/nausea, and I didn't like eating on them then, but over time that disappeared and my stomach almost always feels fine, and food is a great experience. In particular, on LSD food is sublime, and also on 5-MeO-MiPT. I did 2C-B-fly twice back in 2006 or 2007 when it was briefly available originally, and I found it to be the best food/taste enhancer I've tried.

I find eating helps alleviate those stomach cramps on acid :)

I poached some eggs last night with my buddy while we were fryin hard. I tell you what, very good choice of snack, highly recommend it! (Just don't burn yourself like I did :p)

. Honestly, fried chicken is the greatest thing I have ever tasted on psychedelics! .

Omg me too. Not even lying, I once ate an entire bucket of leftover KFC fried chicken while coasting on three tabs...didn't even warm it up.

Nothing compares to acid munchies

YMMV. LSD has stimulant effects that can suppress appetite. It also makes eating feel quite different, which can be a big turn-off for novice users while being no big deal for people who have become used to it.

I poached some eggs last night with my buddy while we were fryin hard. I tell you what, very good choice of snack, highly recommend it! (Just don't burn yourself like I did :p)

I used to eat poached eggs on toast almost every morning for breakfast. They're really yummy (especially if you cook it so that the whites are solid and the yolk is runny).

I find that if I have eaten too recently I get terrible indigestion which takes away from the experience, so I don't eat for at least 5 hrs before I trip. I get pretty hungry towards the middle of the peak. I am a vegan, so I can't advise on meats and whatnot, but some fresh, amazing, organic fruit is unbelievable. Farmer's market is the best source. Makes supermarket produce, especially in summertime, taste like cardboard. My favorites are Pink Lady apples, perfectly ripe pears, cantaloupe, bananas and cherries. Holy mother of god that is some tasty business. I would also say that on a purely junk food vibe, Sour Patch Kids rock my socks. The second it hits your mouth you start salivating so hard it's like you just took a bite out of a fruit.

The last time I tripped, I had an overwhelming urge for sweets. Even when I use DXM, I run to the sweets. I regret eating during my last acid trip, though.

I took one square, nothing happened so I went ahead and ate the other one. Immediately after I did, I wanted some candy. After I ate the candy, it turned into a long night of attempting to make it to the nearest trash can (which is not easy, mind you) so I could puke my guts up for five minutes. Actually, I ended up throwing up about four times until it turned into nothing. Had a nice experience other than that.

I prefer to keep my stomach pretty much empty when it comes to psychedelics, maybe a light meal at the most. An empty stomach means it hits you faster anyways, and there's nothing to come back up... lol. That's just me though. Most of the time I'm too dissociated to make food. :)

Most of the time I'm too dissociated to make food. :)

Yeah, me too. I remember i tried cooking a good dinner once after i downed a whole joint (with 0 tolerance beforehand). It really felt like i was cooking for a decade, lost in space a few times.
I can't even begin imagining how difficult it would be for me to concentrate on cooking while tripping hard on some harder psychedelics.

But as Clocktower has said, YMMV. I don't doubt some people love to eat or even cook on LSD. But i just can't. =D

What I love about acid is that my stomach feels fine. So I usually eat on the come down.

As opposed to mushrooms, which make me utterly incapable of eating until the trip is well and truly winding down; I love eating on acid. Until my last trip I would have said my favourite food was sushi (California Rolls) to snack on - but last time I got grossed out because the rice started resembling maggots a bit too much :)

Otherwise sour skittles, jolly ranchers and PBC sandwiches (peanut butter, bacon & cheese) and ice cold lemonade.

Tom

As I get older (30 now) the comeup from psychedelics is a little rougher on me. I also have a sensitive stomach so nausea comes easily even when sober and I suffer from anxiety which also make the comeup a little harsher. Especially if I take 2+ hits. However, once I break through and my stomach settles I love to eat. Once I get past the nausea I usually start eating pretzels or chips and then after there is something in my stomach my appetite grows. You said Publix so I know you're in the southeast. This Monday we had Tropical Storm Colin blow through and a buddy came over and we dropped 2 hits for the storm. We had a great time and I ate a bunch of Afghani kabobs and basmati rice that I had leftover from the day before. It was amazing!