View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD and Ego Death

Tweak Thizz

Bluelighter
Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you guys had an experience of ego death on LSD. This is something that interests me.

I consider myself pretty experienced with psychadelics, doing many different ones such as DOx substances , many NBOMe, LSD shrooms and even candyflipping, and ibogaine.

I have never had complete ego loss on anything except for when I took a flood dose of ibogaine to kick my heroin habit. I also had an ego death on spice, but it was more of a psychotic near death experience than an ego death. The ibogsine was extremely intense but it changed my life forever and my perception of life extremely.

I want to take 400ug of LSD and I was wondering a few things.

Do you think 400ug of LSD is enough to cause an ego death ? I want to have a life changing experience hopefully in a positive way, but I understand there may be negatives as well and I'm prepared to handle that. I have token 200ug numerous times but never 400. Do you have any suggestions or tips ? I've been preparing myself for the last few months and I want a trip that helps me discover myself. I'm a bit anxious to say the least but after my ibogaine experience I see the reward from altering your state of conciousness.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Also I wanted to show you guys an excerpt from a 1000microgram lsd trip report that gave me some profound insight. The report can be found here

Minutes after I came back to earth, I realized that the purpose for human existence was to love. Love is our higher purpose. I now understood that the ego I had developed my entire life was an illusion all along. Our egos push us away from our ability to feel compassion towards others. As your ego fades away, you slowly dissolve into pure unadulterated LOVE. The illusion of separation created by our egos has been the root cause of suffering all across our planet, and sadly this is the reason the majority of the world kills each other for absurd purposes like religion and resources. Religions like Christianity hide behind the idea that there is an afterlife because they are afraid of death. There is nothing to fear, because when you die there is no “you” to fear anything. THE ONLY THING THAT SEPARATES US FROM OTHER FORMS OF LIFE IS OUR ABILITY TO THINK. Our ego is composed of our thoughts. When we stop relying on our ego, we cannot experience negative emotions. When we stop thinking, our ego ceases to exist, and then we can live a life of pure love, peace, and prosperity. The more we rely on our ego, the more we push ourselves away from the moment which is all. Nothing outside the moment we are in right now will ever exist. Yesterday never is, and tomorrow will never be. Time is infinite. The past, present, and future are all occurring simultaneously. We are merely observers. Free will is an illusion.

This was by far the most profound experience of my entire life.

I quickly forgot all of these things within 15 minutes of the peak ending. I didn't fully understand the lessons I learned for until months had passed after the trip.

This right here absolutely blew my mind. The fact that there are substances that can alter our state of conciousness to this level to have profound experiences that you are not capable of getting in most cases without the substance. It amazes me.

Last edited:
the subject of ego death is not definitive by dosage really. it's always been argued that the phenomenon is a subjective experience.

to my knowledge it is characterized by a sense of silence in the brain. where you forget all that you know, including identity.

i've never had an ego death from LSD but i've broken through on DMT. i plan to take a dose of 400-500ug of 1P-LSD to achieve this state of ego death.

so maybe it will, maybe it won't? you just gotta be fearless with where it's trying to take you. :)

the subject of ego death is not definitive by dosage really. it's always been argued that the phenomenon is a subjective experience.

to my knowledge it is characterized by a sense of silence in the brain. where you forget all that you know, including identity.

i've never had an ego death from LSD but i've broken through on DMT. i plan to take a dose of 400-500ug of 1P-LSD to achieve this state of ego death.

so maybe it will, maybe it won't? you just gotta be fearless with where it's trying to take you. :)
Thank you for your input. I was pretty anxious when I first did my flood dose of ibogaine because of its intensity, I've never felt so disconnected from my body in my life, and reliving memories from a 3rd perspective was absolutely mindblowing. I was able to process these memories that would normally cause anxiety even just thinking about, from a different point of view. Then i had this feeling that was saying "It ok, just let go" and accept it. once I stopped fighting the feeling fearing that it would keep getting more and more intense I just let go, and now is probably the most life changing and spiritual experience I have ever been thru. Hoping this LSD trip will be as mind opening as my iboga one was. :)