PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD and Driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamWhoIam

Greenlighter
I'm going to dose around 150ug tomorrow with some friends around 1pm and just want to get an idea of when I should plan to be home. If I don't feel it would not be safe for me to drive i'm not going to drive don't worry, I just want to know around what time should I be normal enough to drive. I live about 10 mins away on roads with little traffic..

man you will be fine. 150ug is not a very high dose. after 2 or 3 hrs you'll be down.....If you even get anywhere on 150.

Sorry my hard-headedness is showing.

Driving before you have allowed it to properly wear off is extremely irresponsible - taking drugs and putting yourself at risk is fine since you can control the risks, but putting other people at risk without their consent is absolutely NOT ok at all.

I would wait at least 12 hours and probably closer to 14 - the ideal situation would be to stay the night and drive in the morning as your perception will remain slightly altered until you've slept.

Therefore the post above is just absurd. You will not be down in 2-3 hours from any dose of LSD. It's not hard headed to claim that you experience this so others will, it's ignorant and shortsighted.

What since when is 150mcg a light dose? I would definitely not be driving. Transformer is totally right, I would wait at least 8-10 hours....if not 12 for the lingering effects to wear off. If not a full nights rest. I'm speaking from experience that driving doesn't mix well with psychedelics but something that alters your mind so heavily it's kind of obvious...

At 2-3 hours on 150µg LSD you'll be peaking. Stay far away from a motor vehicle or any other thing that could harm another human being at your hand.

Everything Transform said should be well regarded.

man you will be fine. 150ug is not a very high dose. after 2 or 3 hrs you'll be down.....If you even get anywhere on 150.

Sorry my hard-headedness is showing.
Im really sorry that LSD only lasts 4 hours for you, I'm inebriated and unable to drive for at least 10 hours after dosing

Im really sorry that LSD only lasts 4 hours for you, I'm inebriated and unable to drive for at least 10 hours after dosing

Alright... Yeah, no one listen to what I say. I am ignorant and short-sighted but...

I have never, nor has anyone else I have ever tripped with experienced any ++ effects from 150ug. Let alone a 14 hour trip. Can you seriously say that you have? I know you are all about harm reduction and tripping safely, which is great, but 14 hours...uh no, not with 150ugs. Shit I know people who will drop a blotter with that dose at work to be more creative. Then drive to the bar 3 hours later. I would consider that a micro-dose myself, but who knows maybe I am ignorant. The ideal situation would be take 450ugs and stay all night.

Ignorance is bliss.

..... I have never, nor has anyone else I have ever tripped with experienced any ++ effects from 150ug. Let alone a 14 hour trip.

I'm not going to flame you, but I can't help wondering if you and you're mates were getting acid at the doses you thought they were. Many street doses are around 50mics, and I can imagine that at that dose - a threshold dose - one could carry out various tasks (although in line with all the other posters above I really would caution against driving within 12 hours of any amount of LSD). But as always, mileage varies. LSD though does have a reputation for being fairly consistent at the doses commonly found. One question from curiosity - do you and the people you know take other substances prior to taking acid that might cause a high degree of tolerance?

E

^^ 150µg is most definitely not a micro-dose. You're probably misinformed about your doses. Likely getting weak tabs, maybe combined with you being a hardhead, and maybe you being a bit reckless.

Even 50µg shouldn't be considered safe to drive on, that's still enough to seriously bend your perception. I'd even say 25µg is too much to drive on.

Jesus yeah man your tabs most definitely aren't 150ug if you can act sober.

OP, wait at least 12 hours after dosing.

There's something about us Americans and our "I can drive derp" mentality. We're one of the only Western countries who say it's okay to drive at 16. Who the fudge came up with that? Teenagers (including my former self if I recall!) scare the crap outa me!

Don't drive man, with LSD you're high until you sleep. It kinda sucks... but it's also kinda awesome.

Take care!

I never drive until ~20 hours or so after dosing; not by purpose, but I'm on a 10-12 hour ride after working all day. Then crash, and even after waking up I sometimes feel a bit 'off' Until I feel 100% baseline I wouldn't consider driving. I find I'm extremely sensitive to light the next day and simply have no interest in driving.

Then, I'm always tripping at home and therefore don't have to worry about going or getting anywhere. I always make sure I have what I want/need the next day just in case I can't drive. If I have to go somewhere and don't feel I can drive, I get a friend to pick me up or take a cab.

Tom

I've driven once on LSD many many years ago. Very stupid idea and not something I would try again. I wouldn't be comfortable driving until at least 12 hours after administration.

I wouldn't drive a car anywhere for at least 12 hours after taking 150ug of lsd. My swiss bliss sacred geometry blotters i have blow peoples heads off. The dude claiming this is a microdose is getting shit acid.

It should be clear to all by now that driving whilst under the influence of psychedelics - which includes the tail-end of a trip - is a very bad idea and should not be done for everyone's safety. I'm going to close this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.